1. Hello and welcome to the Cooking and Culinary Arts forum. This is a place for all members to share favorite recipes, post photos of foodstuffs, and discuss the topic of cooking. Let's get cooking folks!!!!! COOKING and CULINARY ARTS (http://www.christianforums.com/forums/cooking-and-culinary-arts.1233/)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dr Desmond Ford is causing me to take a break.

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Pythons, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Pythons

Pythons New Member

I took Tall's suggestion and ordered the book by Dr. Desmond Ford about the Investigative Judgement and D.O.A. of the Seventh day Adventists. I thought I would be able to chew through the book in less than a week however it came in the mail today and looks to be about 1000 pages and the content not for quick reading.

I'm therefore taking a break so I can go through this book and get a better grasp of the situation as presented by Dr Ford. I also took the liberty of getting and reading "the White Lie" by Walter Rea and was frankly stunned at how much of it I had already determined ( prior to the book ) by my own reading of the Ellen White books. I can certainly suggest Rea's book and have a feeling I will also be able to give a green light on Ford's ( aside from the parts that differ from the Catholic Church of course ).

Well, it's been nice discussing religious things with everyone but it's time to crack the I.J. and that will take some study.

God Bless.
  2. Sophia7

Sophia7 Tall73's Wife Supporter

Happy reading. It is a very long book. I don't agree with Ford on everything. After all, he still views 1844 as significant because of what he calls the "apotelesmatic principle" of prophecy (which has to do with multiple fulfillments). I haven't read his whole book yet, but from what I have read, I think that he does a very good job of documenting the biblical and historical problems with the Adventist IJ doctrine.