Dr Desmond Ford is causing me to take a break.

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I took Tall's suggestion and ordered the book by Dr. Desmond Ford about the Investigative Judgement and D.O.A. of the Seventh day Adventists. I thought I would be able to chew through the book in less than a week however it came in the mail today and looks to be about 1000 pages and the content not for quick reading.

I'm therefore taking a break so I can go through this book and get a better grasp of the situation as presented by Dr Ford. I also took the liberty of getting and reading "the White Lie" by Walter Rea and was frankly stunned at how much of it I had already determined ( prior to the book ) by my own reading of the Ellen White books. I can certainly suggest Rea's book and have a feeling I will also be able to give a green light on Ford's ( aside from the parts that differ from the Catholic Church of course ).

Well, it's been nice discussing religious things with everyone but it's time to crack the I.J. and that will take some study.

God Bless.
pythons

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy reading. It is a very long book. I don't agree with Ford on everything. After all, he still views 1844 as significant because of what he calls the "apotelesmatic principle" of prophecy (which has to do with multiple fulfillments). I haven't read his whole book yet, but from what I have read, I think that he does a very good job of documenting the biblical and historical problems with the Adventist IJ doctrine.

Upvote 0