Dr. Burzynski's relatively natural treatment for cancer!

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
AWESOME NEWS...THE NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE HAS FINALLY PUBLISHED MANY OF DR. STANISLAW BURZYNSKI'S RESEARCH RESULTS:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/antineoplastons/healthprofessional/page5

Human/Clinical Studies

Phase I Toxicity Studies for Specific Antineoplastons
Antineoplaston A
Antineoplaston A10
Antineoplaston AS2-1
Antineoplastons A10 and AS2-1
Antineoplaston AS2-5
Antineoplaston A2
Antineoplaston A3
Antineoplaston A5
Studies of Specific Malignancies Treated with Antineoplastons
Brain tumors
Prostate cancer
Hepatocellular (liver) cancer
Comment on Studies
Current Clinical Trials

........(March 24 comments):
I hadn't heard of this case until last week but wow....this is profoundly encouraging!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Burzynski's research has received FDA approval for clinical trials, but he has never been given any research funding

There is so much to the story of Dr. Burzynski that simply does not fit in this short article. But one thing you need to know about him is that his work has been so tried, tested, and successful, that the US government actually tried to steal his patents. This, of course, came after years of trying to have him arrested and jailed for his work and treatment methods, which the FDA and others alleged were illegal. (Hint: Anything that actually works to reverse cancer is quickly and aggressively declared "illegal" by the medical establishment. This is necessary to continue the cancer scheme that promises a cure but only delivers suffering and death at high profit…)

Since 1977, Dr. Burzynski has been trying to get his antineoplastons treatment approved by the FDA, and to this day it has only been granted Phase III FDA clinical trials. And this granting came after years of battling the FDA in court, which brought him before a grand jury at least four different times, and all for absolutely no legitimate reason other than to harass and potentially bankrupt him.

In the documentary, there is a very telling clip of an Oversight and Investigation Subcommittee hearing deliberator delivering the news to then-FDA Commissioner Dr. David A. Kessler that the agency had no case against Dr. Burzynski, that none of the grand juries had found any fault with his work or practice, and that there was no valid indictment. And yet this did not stop the FDA from continuing its harassment of Dr. Burzynski for years to come, that is until the agency's fictitious case against him eventually crumbled to ruin, which paved the way for the reluctant approval of his formula in clinical trials.

Even though Dr. Burzynski finally received approval to administer his treatment in FDA-approved clinical trials -- which, again, is a very significant victory in and of itself -- there are two crucial pieces of information to the case that illustrate the true agenda behind the cancer industry.

First, none of Dr. Burzynski's trials have ever received a dime of federal funding for cancer research. The US National Cancer Institute (NCI) has distributed hundreds of millions of dollars to conventional cancer research, which as we all know has been a failure, but none of this money has ever been directed to Dr. Burzynski's work -- in fact, the federal government has prohibited taxpayer money from funding Dr. Burzynski's highly successful research.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/06/11/burzynski-the-movie.aspxThe Great Cancer Hoax: The Brilliant Cure the FDA Tried Their Best to Shut Down...

Last edited:

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He's a quack. There is a huge market for new cancer drugs that can be shown to be effective.

As far as funding, how much does he charge people to participate in his "clinical trials"?

Looks like we have his real motive.

Upvote 0

Mr. Pedantic

Jul 13, 2011
Auckland
✟9,178.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Dr. Burzynski is a quack who deliberately takes advantage of those who are most vulnerable. The Burzynski Clinic has been offering antineoplaston therapy in the guise of clinical trials for almost 30 years, and has subsequently registered dozens of Phase II and III clinical trials to keep it under study and away from serious FDA regulation. He also has the highly unethical and unconventional practice of charging prospective patients for participation in these clinical trials, again, taking advantage of the most vulnerable not only in the United States, but from all over the world. All the while, there is no evidence that his treatments are any better than placebo (let alone gold standard therapy), all the while being comparatively toxic to conventional chemotherapy.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
What Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski doesn’t want you to know about antineoplastons – Respectful Insolence

I found this article to be worth reading.

What cancer patients considering going to the Burzynski Clinic need to know is that antineoplastons (or to give them their correct name, phenylbutyrate) appear to be no better than many experimental therapies at a very early stage of development. There is phase I data that has produced toxicity data and an MTD. However, there is no convincing evidence of efficacy, except maybe in certain brain tumors. Indeed, it is quite possible, based on the case report and phase I trial testing phenylbutyrate in patients with glioma, that Dr. Burzynski’s therapy does, almost quite by accident, produce the occasional complete response. The problem is that we have no idea if this is any better or worse than anyone else’s results because Dr. Burzynski doesn’t do the necessary phase III trials to find out, even though he has well over 60 phase I/II trials listed at PubMed over the last 15 or 20 years.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
[serious];62698394 said:
He's a quack. There is a huge market for new cancer drugs that can be shown to be effective.

As far as funding, how much does he charge people to participate in his "clinical trials"?

Dr. Mercola seem to be rather impressed with Dr. Burzynski's treatment:

By Dr. Mercola

After a grueling 15-year long battle, the Texas Medical Board has officially ended its crusade to revoke Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski's medical license in an effort to end his use of Antineoplastons, as well as his combination gene-targeted therapy for cancer.

When Medical Harassment Becomes Standard Practice

As Burzynski — The Movie revealed, it became clear that ever since 1977, when Dr. Burzynski first tried to get antineoplastons approved, the FDA had begun scheming to eliminate the threat he and his discovery posed to the cancer industry. With that in mind, the mistreatment dished out by the Texas Medical Board (TMB) against Dr. Burzynski becomes easier to understand.

The situation becomes even more enlightening once you take into account the fact that, for years, the TMB has cultivated intimidation and harassment of doctors to the point that the entire Board was sued by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) in 2007, citing an “institutional culture of retaliation and intimidation.” The suit specifically pointed out misconduct by then Board president, Roberta Kalafut, who was accused of enlisting her husband to file anonymous complaints against targeted doctors, including her own competitors, who then faced losing their license and other punitive disciplinary actions based on fraudulent charges. (She resigned from her post in December 2008.)5

The situation was so bad that legislation was drafted in 2009 in an effort to clamp down on the abuses by the TMB.6 Unfortunately, the bill, HB3816, failed to get a House vote and didn’t make it into law. The bill would have prevented anonymous, unsworn complaints from ruining the careers of doctors, and given physicians a right to jury trial before license revocation, among other things. It seems not much has changed in the years since. In an AAPS blog dated September 22, 2011, Jane M. Orient, MD, Executive Director of AAPS stated:7

“Complaints from our members have identified the TMB as probably the worst in the country. It’s bad for patients when their doctors are afraid that doing the right thing could result in licensure action.”

Summary of Dr. Burzynski's Cancer Treatment

Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski, a Polish immigrant, was trained as both a biochemist and a physician. He's spent the last 35 years developing and successfully treating cancer patients suffering with some of the most lethal forms of cancer at his clinic in Houston, Texas. The treatment he developed involves a gene-targeted approach using non-toxic peptides and amino acids, known as antineoplastons. I personally interviewed Dr. Burzynski about his treatment in the summer of 2011.

Cancer Doctor Burzynski's Case Dismissed!
Case Dismissed! Texas Ends 15-Year Fight Against Cancer Doctor Burzynski

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

The astonishing fraud that led to this supposed evidence is covered in the film. Several researchers used a dosage of antineoplastons that Dr. Burzynski had made clear was not nearly sufficient to help a patient!!!!

Watch the film from about 1:18 minutes to 1:30 to see how they cooked up a test that they knew would fail!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isn't easy to admit that the Stanley Milgram experiment applies to many people in positions of leadership is it?????????

We would love to think that our society and culture is the most superior of all time......that is possible.....but there are still major places left for the reforming and transforming power of the Holy Spirit!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
The astonishing fraud that led to this supposed evidence is covered in the film. Several researchers used a dosage of antineoplastons that Dr. Burzynski had made clear was not nearly sufficient to help a patient!!!!

Watch the film from about 1:18 minutes to 1:30 to see how they cooked up a test that they knew would fail!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isn't easy to admit that the Stanley Milgram experiment applies to many people in positions of leadership is it?????????

We would love to think that our society and culture is the most superior of all time......that is possible.....but there are still major places left for the reforming and transforming power of the Holy Spirit!!!!!!!

Yeah, that is how science is supposed to work after all! :doh:

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Dr. Mercola seem to be rather impressed with Dr. Burzynski's treatment:
But then, Dr. Mercola is possibly even more of a quack then Burzynski is.

As far as I'm concerned, there is only one thing you have to know about Burzynski. He opens up phase II and phase III trials of his anti-neoplastin therapy and enrolls his patients into them without proper informed consent. And he lets his patients pay for being in those trials. This is highly unethical behavior (and that is an understatement).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

I think you and I took a very different take on the article that I cited. While the article was a bit "negative" toward the good Doctor, the article did seem to suggest that the treatment in question might work on certain types of cancers. The article also explained why that particular treatment isn't "popular" with drug companies at the moment since they can't patent it anymore. It also suggested (to me at least) that *a lot* more work needs to be done in terms of properly testing the technique before it can be evaluated properly.

I'd give him some latitude in the sense that gene therapies are likely to lead to specific cures too. I think he's on the right track on that issue.

In terms of the "reasons" that were cited for going after him in the first place:

In 2010, Texas Medical Board staff charged4 Dr. Burzynski with prescribing and administering drugs not yet approved by the FDA for the treatment of cancer in two patients. They also claimed he had overcharged for the drugs, and, in one case, that he had failed to inform the patient that the treatment was having an insignificant impact on her cancer, delaying her ability to make an informed decision about whether to continue her treatment.

The Texas Medical board failed to do their homework in terms of the drug itself. Furthermore, considering that the entire health care system in this country is a 'for profit' venture, and considering what drug companies charge for AIDS medicines and other types of drugs, I think it's patently absurd that they would randomly pick one guy and claim he personally "overcharged" for services rendered. To me that claim just sounds absolutely ridiculous.

In terms of the basic therapy, there does seem to be "limited" and very preliminary research that might suggests that the technique could be useful in *some* cases, particularly in brain cancers. I'm not sure that it should be applied in a shotgun fashion to *all* forms of cancer, but I do like the gene therapy approach.

Overall I can see why Burzynski is peeved at the Texas Medical board. This is also a good example of why the Medical board should be required to pay all court costs, including Burzynki's costs IMO.

On the other hand, I think he needs to spend some time and effort now to take the technique to the next level in terms of the testing being done, and in terms of the results being published in medical journals. If it's truly a 'good' technique, then the results should bear that out.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I thank you for this article Michael. This is indeed helpful but notice.....

Because so few people suffer from such conditions (they are, after all, rare), there is little profit to be made in selling such drugs, meaning that for a pharmaceutical company it doesn’t make economic sense to go through the many hundreds of millions of dollars that it requires to obtain FDA approval for such drugs for such indications. That doesn’t even take into account that it might be difficult to accrue enough patients to do a phase III clinical trial to demonstrate efficacy and safety. Both the U.S. and the European Union have laws to facilitate the development and marketing of orphan drugs.

Michael....if over the next decade or two you were to find out that Dr. Burzynski's treatments were actually on average 50% - 100% more effective than Chemo and conventional therapies.....do you think that you might feel some guilt over perhaps being too naïve as you analyzed the Dr. Burzynski's research on the basis of writings made by his opponents....whose motives might be little better than the motives of the "teacher subject" in the Stanley Milgram experiment?????!!!

How about during that time period when we finally float outside our bodies and meet the being of light who asks us a question somewhat to the effect of "What did you do with your life that you can show me?"

http://www.christianforums.com/t7647330/
Former atheist Howard Storm asks about holocaust during his NDE?!

I personally am wide open to the possibility that what former atheist Howard Storm was shown regarding the background events surrounding the holocaust fit perfectly with II Corinthians 12:2-4:

I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth; ) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth; )
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Howard Storm:
I asked how God could let the Holocaust of World War II happen. We were transported to a railway station as a long train of freight cars was being unloaded of its human cargo. The guards were screaming and beating the people into submission. The people were Jewish men, women, and children. Exhausted from hunger and thirst, they were totally disoriented from the ordeal of being rounded up and sent on a long journey to an unknown destination. They believed that they were going to work camps, and that their submission to the brutality of the guards was the only way to survive.

We went to the area where the selection process was taking place and heard the guards talking about "the Angel Maker." We went to the place the guards were referring to as "the Angel Maker," which was a series of ovens. I saw piles of naked corpses being loaded into the ovens, and I began to cry. ...."These are the people God loves." Then he said, "Look up." Rising out of the smoke of the chimneys, I saw hundreds of people being met by thousands of angels taking them up into the sky. There was great joy in the faces of the people, and there appeared to be no trace of a memory of the horrendous suffering they had just endured. How ironic that the guards sarcastically called the ovens "the Angel Maker."
I asked how God could allow this to happen. They told me that this was not God's will. This was an abomination to God. God wants this never to happen again. This was the sacrifice of an innocent people to whom God had given the law to be an example, a light, to the rest of the world. This Holocaust was breaking God's heart...."

I asked, Why does God let things like this happen? They told me that God was very unhappy with the course of human history and was going to intervene to change the world. God had watched us sink to depths of depravity and cruelty at the very time that he was giving us the instruments to make the world a godlier world. God had intervened in the world many times before, but this time God was going to change the course of human events.// (Howard Storm, My Descent Into Death, page 42,43)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think you and I took a very different take on the article that I cited. While the article was a bit "negative" toward the good Doctor, the article did seem to suggest that the treatment in question might work on certain types of cancers. The article also explained why that particular treatment isn't "popular" with drug companies at the moment since they can't patent it anymore. It also suggested (to me at least) that *a lot* more work needs to be done in terms of properly testing the technique before it can be evaluated properly.

I'd give him some latitude in the sense that gene therapies are likely to lead to specific cures too. I think he's on the right track on that issue.

In terms of the "reasons" that were cited for going after him in the first place:

The Texas Medical board failed to do their homework in terms of the drug itself. Furthermore, considering that the entire health care system in this country is a 'for profit' venture, and considering what drug companies charge for AIDS medicines and other types of drugs, I think it's patently absurd that they would randomly pick one guy and claim he personally "overcharged" for services rendered. To me that claim just sounds absolutely ridiculous.

In terms of the basic therapy, there does seem to be "limited" and very preliminary research that might suggests that the technique could be useful in *some* cases, particularly in brain cancers. I'm not sure that it should be applied in a shotgun fashion to *all* forms of cancer, but I do like the gene therapy approach.

Overall I can see why Burzynski is peeved at the Texas Medical board. This is also a good example of why the Medical board should be required to pay all court costs, including Burzynki's costs IMO.

On the other hand, I think he needs to spend some time and effort now to take the technique to the next level in terms of the testing being done, and in terms of the results being published in medical journals. If it's truly a 'good' technique, then the results should bear that out.

I haven't finished the article yet Michael and the author gives me the impression of somebody who is attempting to be objective and honestly look at both sides of the question.....but the author seems somewhat naïve and overly influenced by the well written but I suspect highly intellectually dishonest literature put out there by Dr. Buryzinski's opponents!!!???

I could well be thoroughly in error but this is my feeling toward the case so far and I had less than a week to research this treatment....plus I am certainly no expert or physician!!!!

My angle on all this is that I am a Christian who feels compelled to become more active socially and politically who is interested in setting up a micro-nation....printing up a micro-nation currency unit....and using it to finance projects that potentially could improve or even save some lives!!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7701455/

North American churches should each have their own currency!
I am of the belief that each large church in North America should discuss the printing up of their own church currency unit such as has been done by a group of socially active citizens in Calgary, Canada with their CalgaryDollars.ca

Here is a good article on how important local currencies were during the Great Depression:

Whatcom Watch Online - Story Display

City in Austria Printed Local Currency

Worgl, like many other European towns and cities, was hit hard by the Great Depression. There was mass unemployment; four of the five local factories had closed, and the people were starving in the streets. Nobody had any money to buy anything. One of the features of an economic depression is that there is not enough money in circulation to ensure that people can meet their basic needs, and in the 1930s, the shortage of currency in many countries of the world became catastrophic.

The mayor of Worgl, together with local businessmen, decided to try to break this economic impasse by creating their own local currency. They printed and issued 60,000 Austrian shillings worth of local currency. These shillings could only be spent in Worgl, so they remained in the local community and were exchanged over and over again.

The positive impact was immediate and surprising to everyone. In only six weeks, unemployment disappeared, all the factories had reopened and everyone had food. For the inhabitants of Worgl, the economic depression was gone. This dramatic transformation became known as the “miracle of Worgl.” Surrounding towns, inspired by the success of Worgl, immediately started printing their own local currencies.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
[serious];62698394 said:

Serious, I thank you for livening up this discussion and bluntly expressing your opinion!

My research on the Dr. Burzynski methods is young......less than one week......but I am more than hopeful that you are incorrect and somewhat naïve much like your great, great, great, great.....grandfather Adam as portrayed in the brilliant Book of Adam and Eve that was preserved into our time period only in Arabic because overly naïve Christians theologians had burned every copy of this book in Latin or Greek that they could get their hands on!!!!!

Overly naïve but probably often sincere government bureaucrats in our time period sure seem determined to burn all traces of Dr. Burzynski's research even if it is among the best cancer treatments available in 2013????!!!!

Forgotten Books of Eden: First Book of Adam and Eve

Chapter XIII - The fall of Adam. Why night and day were created. 1 Then when God, who is merciful and full of pity, heard Adam's voice, He said to him: -- 2 "O Adam, so long as the good angel was obedient to Me, a bright light rested on him and on his hosts. 3 But when he transgressed My commandment, I deprived him of that bright nature, and he became dark. 4 And when he was in the heavens, in the realms of light, he knew nothing of darkness. 5 But he transgressed, and I made him fall from the heaven onto the earth; and it was this darkness that came over him. 6 And on you, O Adam, while in My garden and obedient to Me, did that bright light rest also. 7 But when I heard of your transgression, I deprived you of that bright light. Yet, of My mercy, I did not turn you into darkness, but I made you your body of flesh, over which I spread this skin, in order that it may bear cold and heat. 8 If I had let My wrath fall heavily on you, I should have destroyed you; and had I turned you into darkness, it would have been as if I had killed you. 9 But in My mercy, I have made you as you are; when you transgressed My commandment, O Adam, I drove you from the garden, and made you come forth into this land; and commanded you to live in this cave; and darkness covered you, as it did over him who transgressed My commandment. 10 Thus, O Adam, has this night deceived you. It is not to last forever; but is only of twelve hours; when it is over, daylight will return. 11 Sigh not, therefore, neither be moved; and say not in your heart that this darkness is long and drags on wearily; and say not in your heart that I plague you with it. 12 Strengthen your heart, and be not afraid. This darkness is not a punishment. But, O Adam, I have made the day, and have placed the sun in it to give light; in order that you and your children should do your work. 13 For I knew you would sin and transgress, and come out into this land. Yet I wouldn't force you, nor be heard over you, nor shut up; nor doom you through your fall; nor through your coming out from light into darkness; nor yet through your coming from the garden into this land. 14 For I made you of the light; and I willed to bring out children of light from you and like to you. 15 But you did not keep My commandment one day; until I had finished the creation and blessed everything in it. 16 Then, concerning the tree, I commanded you not to eat of it. Yet I knew that Satan, who deceived himself, would also deceive you. 17 So I made known to you by means of the tree, not to come near him. And I told you not to eat of the fruit thereof, nor to taste of it, nor yet to sit under it, nor to yield to it. 18 Had I not been and spoken to you, O Adam, concerning the tree, and had I left you without a commandment, and you had sinned -- it would have been an offence on My part, for not having given you any order; you would turn around and blame Me for it. 19 But I commanded you, and warned you, and you fell. So that My creatures cannot blame Me; but the blame rests on them alone. 20 And, O Adam, I have made the day so that you and your descendants can work and toil in it. And I have made the night for them to rest in it from their work; and for the beasts of the field to go forth by night and look for their food. 21 But little of darkness now remains, O Adam, and daylight will soon appear."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
His results are no better than chance of spontaneous remission.

FrenchyBearpaw....I love your signature:

"Only an open conflict of ideas and principles can produce any clarity."
-Christopher Hitchens, 1949 - 2011

"Science will win, because it always has, because it works." -Stephen Hawking

This sure reminds me of the inspired answer given by the Prophet Esdras to an ancient Persian king regarding what the strongest thing on earth was?

If I remember correctly it was...........truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...but I got a charge out of how Esdras went through a phase where he wondered if it might be those concubines of the king that seemed able to twist him here and there as they pleased???!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Essentialsaltes.......you could be right........but the false prophets of history always level that accusation at the Isaiahs, Jeremiahs and Ezekiels and Cephas/Peters and Apostle Paul and John's of history!!!!!

...not to mention at the Amos', Hoseas and Zechariah's.....and Danite Judges like Samson....who although flawed are being used by God mightily!!!!!?????

Upvote 0
J

JoyfulExegesis

My angle on all this is that I am a Christian who feels compelled to become more active socially and politically who is interested in setting up a micro-nation....printing up a micro-nation currency unit....and using it to finance projects that potentially could improve or even save some lives!!

North American churches should each have their own currency!
I am of the belief that each large church in North America should discuss the printing up of their own church currency unit such as has been done by a group of socially active citizens in Calgary, Canada with their CalgaryDollars.ca

Here is a good article on how important local currencies were during the Great Depression:

Whatcom Watch Online - Story Display

City in Austria Printed Local Currency

Worgl, like many other European towns and cities, was hit hard by the Great Depression. ......This dramatic transformation became known as the “miracle of Worgl.” Surrounding towns, inspired by the success of Worgl, immediately started printing their own local currencies.

1) How do you plan to set up local currencies when most are flagrant violations of the law?

2) The "miracle of Worgl" is well known to most economics scholars as a misunderstood myth. The short-lived "miracle" would have died out quickly even if the Austrian government hadn't shut it down. It worked short-term because the citizens of that town owed massive back taxes. Once they had paid off those taxes, there was NO INCENTIVE to use the scrip. For a while people were paying FUTURE years of property taxes in advance, but nobody wanted to do that for more than two or three years future. So the DEMAND for the Worgl scrip was running out. So more citizens were beginning to cash in their scrip for the national currency. A "run on the banks" was starting to happen even as the national government shut down the experiment.

Yes, we as humans love the promise of "easy solutions". Something for nothing. Miracle cures. But wishful thinking is just that.

But why would you want to set up a church-based currency that gets you thrown in prison? Even setting up your own bank outside of regulatory control is illegal, even without an alternate currency. Do you truly wish to return to the economic devastation that such scrip currency and unregulated banking brought to individuals and communities in the 1700's and 1800's?

As the old saying goes, "Those who are ignorant of history are doomed to repeat it." It sounds like you wish to prove that maxim true by repeating the failed scrip experiments of past centuries.

As a fellow believer, I'm not being critical merely for the sake of being critical. I truly want to understand why anyone would want to repeat failed experiments which brought so much pain in the past.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
Essentialsaltes.......you could be right........but the false prophets of history always level that accusation at the Isaiahs, Jeremiahs and Ezekiels and Cephas/Peters and Apostle Paul and John's of history!!!!!

...not to mention at the Amos', Hoseas and Zechariah's.....and Danite Judges like Samson....who although flawed are being used by God mightily!!!!!?????
Stop comparing Burzynski to a prophet. He's not, even if he is correct (which is highly unlikely).

The fact that they laughed at Galileo does not mean that everyone they ever laugh at is correct. They also laughed at Bozo the clown.

And again, why do you laud this Burzinsky fellow when he the way he works is highly unethical? If the institution I work at would use such practices as he does, its research would be shut down within the shortest amount of time possible.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I haven't finished the article yet Michael and the author gives me the impression of somebody who is attempting to be objective and honestly look at both sides of the question.....but the author seems somewhat naïve and overly influenced by the well written but I suspect highly intellectually dishonest literature put out there by Dr. Buryzinski's opponents!!!???

I came away with the impression that the article itself had a bit of a negative slant, but it did provide some important insights from my perspective at least.

I could understand why the drug companies aren't all that interested in it since they can't patent it anymore. I could understand why the drug might work for certain types of cancers and I could see it *had* been looked at in the past. I could also appreciate the fact that the 'testing" and clinical trials still have a long way to go before other folks can properly judge it's effectiveness. I can't really do that based upon the evidence I have thus far. That isn't to say he hasn't seen any positive results. I'm simply saying there isn't enough long term data to decide if it's "safe" or "effective" yet, at least from the outside looking in.

That's a different topic entirely. I'll read through your other thread as I get time, and I'll respond there if I'm so inclined. :)

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Michael....if over the next decade or two you were to find out that Dr. Burzynski's treatments were actually on average 50% - 100% more effective than Chemo and conventional therapies.....do you think that you might feel some guilt over perhaps being too naïve as you analyzed the Dr. Burzynski's research on the basis of writings made by his opponents....whose motives might be little better than the motives of the "teacher subject" in the Stanley Milgram experiment?????!!!

I don't think so. I think I've been "fair" to the degree that I can be 'fair' at the moment, given the lack of available data. I do think that the Texas board was out of line, and they "should' pay his legal expenses. I do however need 'better' data to make any other "informed" decisions.

I'd "guess" based on previous studies and on his results thus far, that the treatment is probably usefule in *some* types of cancers, but it would take serious phase III studies to really know one way or the other. Such studies are also important to find out if there were any "undesirable side effects" that might be important.

How about during that time period when we finally float outside our bodies and meet the being of light who asks us a question somewhat to the effect of "What did you do with your life that you can show me?"
If you don't mind, I'll resist responding to your other unrelated ideas in this thread. I'll read through your threads and respond in the appropriate threads as I get time.

Upvote 0