North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
What do you think about doubt and questioning of your beliefs? Do you believe it's dangerous and only leads people astray or do you believe that it helps you learn and grow in your faith? Something else entirely? Is it a sign of weakness or strength? Why?

lee-johnson

Dec 7, 2016
GB
✟15,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith is doubt otherwise it would be fact. However, there is a more serious awareness, a game of doubt one which both sides play. Life is a test and we need to prove ourselves through adversity but holding on to righteousness. It is this that shall keep us on the right path and toward eternal life.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think about doubt and questioning of your beliefs? Do you believe it's dangerous and only leads people astray or do you believe that it helps you learn and grow in your faith? Something else entirely? Is it a sign of weakness or strength? Why?
That depends on what your faith is and where it came from. For the average reader of this forum, failing to question your beliefs means you are satisfied with a superficial faith (or afraid of God or the truth).

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Is it a sign of weakness or strength? Why?
I'm hoping it is a sign of strength. But I guess to just doubt and not follow-up with research or sincere and frequent prayer is wasteful. Doubt in the context of apathy and laziness is bad.

Upvote 0