Doritos Super Bowl Commercial Gets Slammed For 'Humanizing Fetuses' by PRO-abotion group NARAL

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: brinny

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
*That title should of been PRO-Abortion group, NARAL. Sorry about that. (I fixed the title, thanks Living!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's ridiculous, that happens all the time in the media. I mean how many times do sit-coms, commercials and other ads make jokes about a fetus exhibiting all kinds of behavior? NARAL needs to get over themselves.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I laughed so hard at that commercial and I never once thought about the humanizing of the fetus. The commercial wasn't meant to make a political statement. It was just a funny commercial. My Bible study group had a Super Bowl get-together with pizza and other assorted snacks. We could talk during the game but not the commercials. The Doritos add was one of the best. Interestingly, two of my podcasts spent a good amount of time commenting on the stupidity of NARAL. Imagine what it takes for someone to complain about the humanizing of human beings.! BTW, the man who made the commercial used the actual ultrasound of his son in the first part of the video. I will be eating a lot of Doritos in the future!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Even on Inside Addition when they were recapping the commercials, they down played it, didn't give it any props and said it had people cringing because the woman delivered her own baby. It just goes to show how the media tries to influence people's thinking.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Everybody just seems to want to be offended anymore. No sense of humor.
We are a nation of sensitive babies. We are such weaklings. It's pathetic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Victimhood seems to be trending. And quite honestly, I do not think it is making is a more compassionate society but a desensitized one. We are so busy being victims we seem to ignore what the real meaning of victimization is. And ignore truly important issues because of it. There are certain groups and people that seem love in a perpetual state of offense and anger. I just can't deal if it is not a productive process. Sometimes we just have to tolerate our differences and not expect everyone to blindly nod their heads and agree with every single thing said and done. We have painted ourselves into a corner with the big brother PC mentality imo. We have lost common sense. We take ourselves entirely too seriously when we go to the extremes we are imo.
We are a nation of sensitive babies. We are such weaklings. It's pathetic.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think they are on high-alert mode because Planned Parenthood got caught red-handed doing what they do.

Cardinal_Sen_OMalley_Credit_Mazur_catholicnewsorguk_CNA_US_Catholic_News_1_5_12.jpg

Cardinal O’Malley: Planned Parenthood’s Work Reflects ‘Throwaway Culture’ Decried By Pope Francis

"Pope Francis has called abortion the product of a 'widespread mentality of profit, the throwaway culture, which has today enslaved the hearts and minds of so many.' The recent news stories concerning Planned Parenthood direct our attention to two larger issues involving many institutions in our society. The first is abortion itself: a direct attack on human life in its most vulnerable condition. The second is the now standard practice of obtaining fetal organs and tissues through abortion. Both actions fail to respect the humanity and dignity of human life. This fact should be the center of attention in the present public controversy." - Cardinal O'Malley (July 29, 2015)

And from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:

Planned Parenthood: Setting the Record Straight

In 2015, a series of undercover videos showed officials of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) discussing how they perform abortions and traffic in the tissues and organs of abortion victims. The officials' matter-of-fact comments on destroying unborn human life, and on altering abortion methods to obtain more "intact" organs, have led to a public debate on Planned Parenthood's role as a "women's health" organization receiving large government subsidies. Here are key facts.

1. PPFA is the largest abortion provider in the U.S.

In 2013, the last year reported, Planned Parenthood affiliates performed 327,653 abortions, both surgical and "medical" (using the abortion drug RU-486). [1] PPFA's share of the abortion "market" has expanded steadily over the years: It performed one in five of all abortions in the United States in 2005, but now performs about one in three.

2. Every Planned Parenthood affiliate must perform abortions.

In 2010, PPFA announced that by 2013 every affiliate must have one or more clinics that perform abortions on-site. A few affiliates left PPFA rather than comply with the new abortion mandate. [2]

3. Planned Parenthood provides 16 times more abortions than birth-oriented services.

While PPFA says abortions make up 3% of its services, this is misleading. PPFA says it served 2.7 million patients (women and men) and performed 327,653 abortions, indicating that 12% of everyone entering a Planned Parenthood clinic receives an abortion. And PPFA provided only 18,684 "prenatal services" and 1,880 referrals for adoptions at other agencies. So 94% of its services for pregnant women are abortions, outnumbering other options 16 to 1.[3]

(Read more)
US Bishops Respond to Planned Parenthood Videos

"Politico reported that a public relations group apparently hired by Planned Parenthood to help deal with the fallout from the videos sent out a memo to media on Monday requesting that the videos not be covered." (More)

Last edited:
Upvote 0