Don't know if this is the right place, but would like input

Apr 23, 2016
West Virginia
✟7,645.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I felt led to come back to his father's property (I'm originally from Ohio but we live in a very rural part of West Virginia) and start a farm with the intent of other believers moving here too if society went totally south.

We knew it wouldn't be easy, but we have prayed and fasted and thought this was the right thing. We still had debts so we've worked to try to pay them off so we could actually put in the things needed to be self-sufficient. We've had many setbacks, such as jobs that didn't pan out or emergencies that came up. Recently though, we had a situation that has really tested us, to the point that I have to wonder if our prayers are bouncing off heaven or something.

We would've had all our debts paid off this July. We were so excited! After all the trials we've been through, we would finally get to do what we felt we have been called to do...then the one working car we have totally broke down. The head may be cracked and it will cost probably $3,000 or more to get it fixed. We don't have a choice since we don't have a way to get another vehicle anyway but my husband wants to fix it also because its a Subaru Outback, which is a good thing to have on these bad West Virginia roads. I also need eye surgery, which may cost $8,400 and insurance will not cover it.

So...essentially, we are back at square one as far as paying off debts. I feel so defeated, because we have been praying over our debts and our cars since before we even moved here and I really believed we'd be able to fulfill our calling. We don't have a Charismatic church where we are, btw. Everyone around here is Baptist or Church of Christ and we just don't believe that way. We watch our old pastor on live stream to get our Charismatic fix.

If there are any prophets here, I wonder if you have a word for us? Sad to say but I'm having a hard time even hearing God right now and I'm wondering if this was all a mistake.

Heather

Apr 23, 2016
West Virginia
✟7,645.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Heather,
You may not want to talk to me, because I was
first raised in a Methodist church, then as an
early teen we switched to a Baptist church. I was
saved at fifteen, but knew about Jesus Christ ever since I was very little. The Methodist church did not
make a big point of needing to repent to become
a Christian. What kind of eye surgery do you need?
I can pray for you. There is a prayer section too, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks, I don't mind answering questions. In any case, I need Refractive surgery. It's similar to cataract surgery, but instead of replacing a cloudy lens you're replacing a bad lens with a good one. Lets just say that my eyes continue to get progressively worse every year. I appreciate the prayer section (and I will probably visit there soon), but it really helps to have input from your own background too. KWIM? You are very kind and please do pray. I can use all the help I can get.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I felt led to come back to his father's property (I'm originally from Ohio but we live in a very rural part of West Virginia) and start a farm with the intent of other believers moving here too if society went totally south.

We knew it wouldn't be easy, but we have prayed and fasted and thought this was the right thing. We still had debts so we've worked to try to pay them off so we could actually put in the things needed to be self-sufficient. We've had many setbacks, such as jobs that didn't pan out or emergencies that came up. Recently though, we had a situation that has really tested us, to the point that I have to wonder if our prayers are bouncing off heaven or something.

We would've had all our debts paid off this July. We were so excited! After all the trials we've been through, we would finally get to do what we felt we have been called to do...then the one working car we have totally broke down. The head may be cracked and it will cost probably $3,000 or more to get it fixed. We don't have a choice since we don't have a way to get another vehicle anyway but my husband wants to fix it also because its a Subaru Outback, which is a good thing to have on these bad West Virginia roads. I also need eye surgery, which may cost $8,400 and insurance will not cover it.

So...essentially, we are back at square one as far as paying off debts. I feel so defeated, because we have been praying over our debts and our cars since before we even moved here and I really believed we'd be able to fulfill our calling. We don't have a Charismatic church where we are, btw. Everyone around here is Baptist or Church of Christ and we just don't believe that way. We watch our old pastor on live stream to get our Charismatic fix.

If there are any prophets here, I wonder if you have a word for us? Sad to say but I'm having a hard time even hearing God right now and I'm wondering if this was all a mistake.

Heather

Do you need some kind of word to trust the Lord in what you are doing? I have to be honest, this isn't a lot of money you are talking about.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,713.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't have a prophetic word for you on this, just some direct experience, and even if I did it's a policy violation on these forums. I love how you are following God's calling, and have no doubt that it His call. I don't know anyone who has followed such a call and not had to then just stand on the the assurance that God is faithful. Welcome to boot camp. I'm not minimizing the size of this mountain when I tell you that this just the introduction to the walk of faith you are starting on.

You described the storm you are walking out of the boat into, and your own logical steps to be able walk on the sea. Get your eyes off if the storm and the waves, and realize that God can get you where He called you to be, and less you "help" Him the better. You do what He is telling you and let Him worry about making it work. You won't be able to comprehend the wonders He will do once You do that.

You will face obstacles that are too big for you and that is God's way in these things and He will do more than you can imagine, but you have let Him do it His way not yours.

The Father knows your needs, and already has them covered, probably nothing like how you are expecting. Have you considered that maybe He wants you believe Him to heal your eyes?

If I where in your place I wouldjust keep moving ahead with what you believe He said and Him make the way.

I have more to say but I don't have the time to do it justice right now. I hope that you find encouragement in what I have posted.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't have a prophetic word for you on this, just some direct experience, and even if I did it's a policy violation on these forums. I love how you are following God's calling, and have no doubt that it His call. I don't know anyone who has followed such a call and not had to then just stand on the the assurance that God is faithful. Welcome to boot camp. I'm not minimizing the size of this mountain when I tell you that this just the introduction to the walk of faith you are starting on.

You described the storm you are walking out of the boat into, and your own logical steps to be able walk on the sea. Get your eyes off if the storm and the waves, and realize that God can get you where He called you to be, and less you "help" Him the better. You do what He is telling you and let Him worry about making it work. You won't be able to comprehend the wonders He will do once You do that.

You will face obstacles that are too big for you and that is God's way in these things and He will do more than you can imagine, but you have let Him do it His way not yours.

The Father knows your needs, and already has them covered, probably nothing like how you are expecting. Have you considered that maybe He wants you believe Him to heal your eyes?

If I where in your place I wouldjust keep moving ahead with what you believe He said and Him make the way.

I have more to say but I don't have the time to do it justice right now. I hope that you find encouragement in what I have posted.
Jim, I have always liked you and what you have to offer in your words. What you shared is spot on. If there is no resistance in our walks with God, then unless we have fully entered the rest that remains for the children of God, chances are, something is amiss. Satan attacking is one of the best signs we are where we are supposed to be. We all love those times in our lives when we have a break from the battle, but God has allowed the resistance Satan offers us in order to strengthen us, to give us opportunity to exercise our faith. We grow by swimming upstream, not sunbathing as the current takes us downstream.

Your words were true ministry and encouragement. God bless you.

Gids

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,713.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jim, I have always liked you and what you have to offer in your words. What you shared is spot on. If there is no resistance in our walks with God, then unless we have fully entered the rest that remains for the children of God, chances are, something is amiss. Satan attacking is one of the best signs we are where we are supposed to be. We all love those times in our lives when we have a break from the battle, but God has allowed the resistance Satan offers us in order to strengthen us, to give us opportunity to exercise our faith. We grow by swimming upstream, not sunbathing as the current takes us downstream.

Gids
Thanks Gids. I think you covered the rest of what I wanted to say.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Heather
Actually we r not called to pray for freedom from debts but to inherit the freedom which Jesus earned for us by his death-2cor8:9 & gave it free.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Gids
How can satan attack whose head has been crushed by Jesus by his death-heb2:14,gen3:15? Just luk to Jesus rather than talk about satan's potentialities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums