Don't eat the seed

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Thought for the day: “There is nothing but God’s grace. We walk upon it; we breathe it; we live and die by it; it makes the nails and axels of the universe.”

ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed; as it is written, ‘He scattered abroad, He gave to the poor, His righteousness endures forever.’

Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.”

2 CORINTHIANS 9:8-10 NASB

You can’t eat your seed. If you do you will not have a harvest. I speak from experience on this, God has many times in my life blessed me by some means, and I have used it only for myself and ended up with nothing left but a memory. Several weeks ago I planted green beans in my garden. At the time when I bought the seed beans I could have taken them soaked them in water for a little while and cooked them with a few slices of bacon and ham in the pot. I then could have taken some fresh cornbread and put it down in a bowl, dipped the beans and ham on top, put a few diced onions on top of that and enjoyed my meal of beans. I did not do that and I am so grateful, because today as I look at my garden I see two rows of healthy beans growing that will give an increase of way over a hundred fold. I could have enjoyed a wonderful meal of beans once, or I can enjoy beans from June to next May. It’s hard to look ahead sometimes to the increase of our giving, but I have never seen the spiritual principle of giving fail. When God blesses us we cannot afford to eat our seed. We have all been blessed by God in some gift, some material blessing, or even just the gift of being a friend. Don’t sit down and feast on what you have by yourself, share it with another and you will find that God will do for your what you could not do for yourself………………………JRE

“The New Testament does not teach us simply to give away possessions for the sake of giving them away or appearing virtuous. Nor does it encourage us to adopt a ‘simple lifestyle’ because simplicity has merit in itself. Rather, all of these commands are put in the context of glorifying God and furthering the work of His kingdom, and of laying up treasures in heaven and increasing our heavenly reward.”

WAYNE GRUDEN

“To keep what you have, you must give it away.” AA Slogan

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
“And God is able to make all grace abound to you so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed; as it is written, ‘He scattered abroad, He gave to the poor, His righteousness endures forever.’

Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.”

2 CORINTHIANS 9:8-10 NASB

This is speaking to me today...just what I needed to hear at this moment. :angel:

Upvote 0