Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What's the prophecy that is supposedly being fulfilled?

I am not a prophet; prophets are advisers to kings and rulers.
i am merely a "watcher on the wall".
My job in this case is not to foretell, but to report what i see so that others who are in a position to make decisions can do so.

One thing i have noticed is that with each blood moon cycle the reaction on God's part comes more quickly.
During the second Tetroid the war took 10 months.
During the third Tetroid the preparation for war took about 2 weeks, while the war itself took 6 days.

those are not predictions, they are facts.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am not a prophet; prophets are advisers to kings and rulers.
i am merely a "watcher on the wall".
My job in this case is not to foretell, but to report what i see so that others who are in a position to make decisions can do so.

One thing i have noticed is that with each blood moon cycle the reaction on God's part comes more quickly.
During the second Tetroid the war took 10 months.
During the third Tetroid the preparation for war took about 2 weeks, while the war itself took 6 days.

those are not predictions, they are facts.

I fail to see how that is different then pagan witch craft, medium and astrologist like those in the book of Daniel.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
there is a difference between astronomy and astrology.

astronomy is the scientific study of the stars, moons, suns, and planets and their daily movements.
And from that study we also get our maps, globes, telescopes, and our daily weather forecasts; like the local weather men and women on TV who tell you if it's going to rain today, or whether the moon will be shining tonight :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The practice of astrology and divination and witchcraft is assigning human characteristics to the planets and stars.
That is the practice that is condemned by God, and rightly so.

The effect of astrology and divination and witchcraft is to assign both human and divine attributes to that which was created by God alone, giving glory to the practitioner instead of to the Creator, to whom all glory forever belongs.

hope that clears up the differences for you.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

astronomy is the scientific study of the stars, moons, suns, and planets and their daily movements.
And from that study we also get our maps, globes, telescopes, and our daily weather forecasts; like the local weather men and women on TV who tell you if it's going to rain today, or whether the moon will be shining tonight :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The practice of astrology and divination and witchcraft is assigning human characteristics to the planets and stars.

The effect of astrology and divination and witchcraft is to assign both human and divine attributes to that which was created by God alone, giving glory to the practitioner instead of to the Creator, to whom all glory forever belongs.

To claim to use astronomy in the prediction of world events is astrology rather than astronomy. Astronomy observes natural occurrences and predict from those observations what may occur in nature. Astrologers observe astronomical occurrences and predict the historical future from them.

While your definitions are technically correct in some aspects they leave a lot out that defines the differences. To predict historical future events from astronomical observations is astrology not astronomy.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A "blood moon" is a natural, regular occurrence - it's normally just called a total lunar eclipse. The reddish appearance of the moon happens because the earth does not block out the entire spectrum of light during a total lunar eclipse.

NASA has prophesied when lunar eclipses will occur all the way through the year 3000:

NASA - Index to Five Millennium Catalog of Lunar Eclipses

Contra John Hagee, lunar eclipses are regular and predictable and if they signify anything, it's the regularity and predictability of nature.

What would be significant is if an eclipse didn't happen as predicted or we had an unexpected eclipse. But I guess the probability that anyone on earth would be alive at that point to witness such a terror is kinda low.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

It forbidden by God thank you for making my point. :)

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To claim to use astronomy in the prediction of world events is astrology rather than astronomy. Astronomy observes natural occurrences and predict from those observations what may occur in nature. Astrologers observe astronomical occurrences and predict the historical future from them.

While your definitions are technically correct in some aspects they leave a lot out that defines the differences. To predict historical future events from astronomical observations is astrology not astronomy.

ad she just admitted it was a sin.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This is an interesting definition as it's the first time I've ever seen astrology defined this way. Normally, astrology is understood to be the thinking that there is a relationship between astronomical phenomena and human affairs.

But the way you've defined it allows you to maintain that there is a relationship between astronomical events and human affairs while not explicitly practicing "astrology." This seems a little too convenient doesn't it? Going by the more typical definition, John Hagee and friends are engaging in some form of astrology, but given your a-typical definition they aren't engaging in astrology. Are you sure you're not defining terms in such a way to make things a little more convenient for your views?

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

i would like to address your last sentence (quoted above).

there are many ways that God uses to get man's attention, and just as many ways to deliver either his commendation or his condemnation.
of course we all would like God's commendation. that's a natural, human response and sometimes it does happen.

But what also happens is that God will send warning signs to men when He is displeased. He does so as a sign of His mercy that we may change our course of action, and thus avoid His displeasure.

secondly, i have already stated that i am not a prophet and in this thread i have also demonstrated that i will not be predicting future events.

In essence i am a reader and a reporter of events; not the author nor the predictor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
This is an interesting definition as it's the first time I've ever seen astrology defined this way. Normally, astrology is understood to be the thinking that there is a relationship between astronomical phenomena and human affairs.

But the way you've defined it allows you to maintain that there is a relationship between astronomical events and human affairs while not explicitly practicing "astrology." This seems a little too convenient doesn't it? Going by the more typical definition, John Hagee and friends are engaging in some form of astrology, but given your a-typical definition they aren't engaging in astrology. Are you sure you're not defining terms in such a way to make things a little more convenient for your views?

to address your concerns requires a bit of background information that is related, (but not necessarily on topic) so i humbly ask for your indulgence.

Recently I had the opportunity to learn how important the manner of delivering information is, and how that delivery can can either help or hinder any action on the part of the person being addressed.

To say it briefly, the information being delivered must first be accurate. It must also be timely and delivered to the correct person who can benefit from it.
But all of that is worthless unless the messenger first considers how to deliver the information in a way that it can be received and acted upon.

now back to your quoted post.
I was aware that in this forum there were members who were not kindly disposed towards the subject at hand, and also some that went in fear and trembling at the mention of the subject.

Had i come in here and used the standard dictionary definitions, their ears would have been shut to me, and the information lost to them; information that had the power to affect themselves and perhaps their friends and family members as well.
Had that happened they would have been the worse off than if i had never shown up here.

I sincerely hope that hasn't happened.
So my task was to convey the information to them in a manner that they could relate to, and use for their benefit; essentially to deliver what i have seen through a clean conduit, in tact , and in a form that they can use.

And that is what i have tried to do here, hopefully without scaring anyone

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was curious to know how frequent a total lunar eclipse was. Seems they are quite frequent. The idea of a tetrad is to have four successive total lunar eclipses, with no partial lunar eclipses in between, each of which is separated from the other by six lunar months (six full moons). I can't recall anything in holy scripture mentioning such rules about what a "blood moon" is. I do know that some preachers make a fuss about tetrads. John Hagee is one such. He wrote a book on the topic.

four-blood-moons-john-hagee.jpg

I think that christians ought to be careful of any system that claims to predict the future or explain the past based on tetrads.

It is worth noting that there will be a total of 8 tetrads in the 21st century (2001 to 2100). Here's a list of them, click to see..

There were 5 tetrads in the 20th century, 6 in the 16th century, 4 in the 15th century - click here to see for yourself.

The tetrad of 2003/4 fell on these dates May 16th, 2003 November 9th, 2003 May 4th , 2004 October 28th, 2004. I am not sure what special event involving Israel happened in that period.

These are the years in which a tetrad fell last century.
1. Tetrad: 1909 - 1910
2. Tetrad: 1927 - 1928
3. Tetrad: 1949 - 1950
4. Tetrad: 1967 - 1968
5. Tetrad: 1985 - 1986 (click this link to see for yourself)

Check those dates to see if any special bible prophetically predicted events fall on them.

God be with you all.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i would like to address your last sentence (quoted above).

there are many ways that God uses to get man's attention, and just as many ways to deliver either his commendation or his condemnation.
of course we all would like God's commendation. that's a natural, human response and sometimes it does happen.

But what also happens is that God will send warning signs to men when He is displeased. He does so as a sign of His mercy that we may change our course of action, and thus avoid His displeasure.

secondly, i have already stated that i am not a prophet and in this thread i have also demonstrated that i will not be predicting future events.

In essence i am a reader and a reporter of events; not the author nor the predictor.

God did give signs in the BIBLE, He is very clear we are not to take signs from the stars.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
God did give signs in the BIBLE, He is very clear we are not to take signs from the stars.

yes He did, and they were recorded there for our benefit that we might also believe.
But those exact same signs and wonders that we read about happened in real time for the people who experienced them in their time here on earth. :)

The signs were given to serve as witnesses to the power of God and His Son, Jesus Christ. And no one here is disputing that power.

as a further explanation the only Baptists that I know personally are the Free Will Pentecostal Baptists out of Dunn, NC who accept what is written in the book of Revelation, and who also believe that God still talks to believers today, and that miracles do still occur.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
yes He did, and they were recorded there for our benefit that we might also believe.
But those exact same signs and wonders that we read about happened in real time for the people who experienced them in their time here on earth. :)

The signs were given to serve as witnesses to the power of God and His Son, Jesus Christ. And no one here is disputing that power.

as a further explanation the only Baptists that I know personally are the Free Will Pentecostal Baptists out of Dunn, NC who accept what is written in the book of Revelation, and who also believe that God still talks to believers today, and that miracles do still occur.

No The person is just making stars their Idol. You do know Paul cursed anyone who would preach a different doctrine than he preached? I ask you with all Love please abandon this preaching be cause you are placing a curse on your self.

The fact is it is an Idol before God, the person who does this takes there wonders from the stars and not God. It is astrology and God in Revelation said, can your astrology save you now? God does not like it at all.

Now you might say God said the sun would become as black a cloth, and the moon as blood. Yes when I see the sun become black I will remember God's words and what He said if I am still even here. or are you suggesting we already went through the tribulation period and this is the moon becoming blood that God meant and next the sun is to be blacked out? I think if that is you view it is wrong on many accounts. 1st being you don't know God was speaking of a blood moon. He said the moon would become like blood, that could be from people dying, or solar flare of the sun or any number of things. See when you focus on only that the person does not know, and to try to gain knowledge by this events is astrology as others have pointed out.

When you take the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation and all the text about the final seven, you understand a bit and then God is your source not stars.

See the difference?

Praying for you
blu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
No The person is just making stars their Idol. You do know Paul cursed anyone who would preach a different doctrine than he preached? I ask you with all Love please abandon this preaching be cause you are placing a curse on your self.

The fact is it is an Idol before God, the person who does this takes there wonders from the stars and not God. It is astrology and God in Revelation said, can your astrology save you now? God does not like it at all.

Now you might say God said the sun would become as black a cloth, and the moon as blood. Yes when I see the sun become black I will remember God's words and what He said if I am still even here. or are you suggesting we already went through the tribulation period and this is the moon becoming blood that God meant and next the sun is to be blacked out? I think if that is you view it is wrong on many accounts. 1st being you don't know God was speaking of a blood moon. He said the moon would become like blood, that could be from people dying, or solar flare of the sun or any number of things. See when you focus on only that the person does not know, and to try to gain knowledge by this events is astrology as others have pointed out.

When you take the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation and all the text about the final seven, you understand a bit and then God is your source not stars.

See the difference?

Praying for you
blu

you may freely slander me and say all manner of evil against me in any way you choose to do so and i will not lift a finger to stop either you or any one else for that matter, because i am not important here.
Christ is, and I know Him.:bow:

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I thought I'd bump this because the idea of a tetrad of blood moons (total lunar eclipses) seems to be playing a role in the discussion and having the facts about tetrads over the last century and those predicted for this century is relevant. Please read the post, click the links, and check for yourself. The links are mainly from NASA. The list of tetrads for this century is from NASA and the list for last century is also from Nasa so I am confident that the information is from a credible source and is likely to be reliable.

I was curious to know how frequent a total lunar eclipse was. Seems they are quite frequent. The idea of a tetrad is to have four successive total lunar eclipses, with no partial lunar eclipses in between, each of which is separated from the other by six lunar months (six full moons). I can't recall anything in holy scripture mentioning such rules about what a "blood moon" is. I do know that some preachers make a fuss about tetrads. John Hagee is one such. He wrote a book on the topic.

four-blood-moons-john-hagee.jpg

I think that christians ought to be careful of any system that claims to predict the future or explain the past based on tetrads.

It is worth noting that there will be a total of 8 tetrads in the 21st century (2001 to 2100). Here's a list of them, click to see..

There were 5 tetrads in the 20th century, 6 in the 16th century, 4 in the 15th century - click here to see for yourself.

The tetrad of 2003/4 fell on these dates May 16th, 2003 November 9th, 2003 May 4th , 2004 October 28th, 2004. I am not sure what special event involving Israel happened in that period.

These are the years in which a tetrad fell last century.
1. Tetrad: 1909 - 1910
2. Tetrad: 1927 - 1928
3. Tetrad: 1949 - 1950
4. Tetrad: 1967 - 1968
5. Tetrad: 1985 - 1986 (click this link to see for yourself)

Check those dates to see if any special bible prophetically predicted events fall on them.

God be with you all.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
you may freely slander me and say all manner of evil against me in any way you choose to do so and i will not lift a finger to stop either you or any one else for that matter, because i am not important here.
Christ is, and I know Him.:bow:

I am sorry that some one speaking to you out of the Love of Christ is seen as slandering you.

Paul does in fact say the very words i wrote they are not my own. Jesus said man can not have two masters he will either love one and hate the other or obey one and not the other.

People make idols because they want to be in control because they are afraid, they think if they are God they never have to be afraid. It is hard to turn a person from an idol, only God can do this. I have had many idols in my life, and I do have idols in my life, so I know something about it. The Jews i study with said this, if an idol has your gaze but you pray from you heart out of all love then who has your heart? God has your heart, the idol is just in view. My idols i hate and love God, I obey God for I am slave of His, and I forsake idols every chance I get. So you see I bare witness to Jesus words they are true because I live them.

The Bible has everything in it we need to know, the rest is just distractions. Again i speak to you from Love.

You are not being persecuted by God's children.

Upvote 0