Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You forgot to mention it is a sin as well. We are to take our knowledge from the Bible not the stars.

In Rev I believe God says can your astrology save you now. Now that I say it realize He was speaking of all this nonsense to stop asteroids from hitting the earth, as if there is really anything we can do about that, so never mind.

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Don't forget that the Bible also says the sun will be darkened and moon turn red. That often happens when smoke is in the air also, which I think is a better description of what is happening at that time. I mean right now the sun is red where I live because smoke from a fire nearby.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
12 When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood,
13 and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.
14 The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
15 Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains,
16 calling to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb,
17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"
Revelation 6:12-17

Has any of this happened? Or is it common practice to get newspapers out and find things that we say fit this prophecy?

It seems that preaching the gospel isn't enough anymore. Some feel we must make up things to scare people.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
12 When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood,
13 and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.
14 The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
15 Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains,
16 calling to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb,
17 for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"
Revelation 6:12-17

Has any of this happened? Or is it common practice to get newspapers out and find things that we say fit this prophecy?

It seems that preaching the gospel isn't enough anymore. Some feel we must make up things to scare people.

The answer is clear No none of this has happen, and before it happens we must see other signs such as Solomon temple rebuilt.

The passages you quoted speak of Asteroids hitting the earth. The stars a believe are Angels falling to earth as the Stars were explained to be Angels earlier or later not sure which. Mountains falling to earth I believe are the asteroids. I think we could see the sun burn out or a massive solar flare It says Jesus return will be like the sun rising in the east. It would make sense if the world was in darkness that everyone sees Jesus because His Light is the only Light the earth has.

kicking around Bible ideas ca be fun, but if you start saying well the stars say this, or the blood moon this will happen this is pagan worship. It is no different then they did in Babylon all those years ago.

Upvote 0

JuJube

Dec 27, 2006
Corpus Christi Texas
✟16,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The answer is clear No none of this has happen, and before it happens we must see other signs such as Solomon temple rebuilt.

The passages you quoted speak of Asteroids hitting the earth. The stars a believe are Angels falling to earth as the Stars were explained to be Angels earlier or later not sure which. Mountains falling to earth I believe are the asteroids. I think we could see the sun burn out or a massive solar flare It says Jesus return will be like the sun rising in the east. It would make sense if the world was in darkness that everyone sees Jesus because His Light is the only Light the earth has.

kicking around Bible ideas ca be fun, but if you start saying well the stars say this, or the blood moon this will happen this is pagan worship. It is no different then they did in Babylon all those years ago.

May be sooner than we think:

Temple Institute: Working to Rebuild the Temple - Jewish World - News - Arutz Sheva

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pilgrim42

Oct 2, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
✟8,036.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I think there is a difference. Many of Israel's neighbors were sun worshipers, but Israel didn't follow them. Israel looked to the moon as their calendar. They determined the time of their feasts by the moon. It is always wrong to worship celestial objects, but it wouldn't be wrong to observe them for the purpose of honoring God. God gave the Blood Moons for a purpose. It wasn't for worship. It was for warnings. Each time there has been a Blood Moon something has happened in the life of Israel. No one should predict what is going to happen. We don't know. We have to wait and see what God does. If God does nothing, then it is probably for a higher purpose. But, God is a God of order. He often does things in patterns. The Blood Moons and the Smeitta (sp) are patterns. These two are going to connect this coming September for the first time in recorded history. I'm not predicting anything, but it will be a time of reflection and prayer as I wait to see what God may do.

Ken :bow:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I think there is a difference. Many of Israel's neighbors were sun worshipers, but Israel didn't follow them. Israel looked to the moon as their calendar. They determined the time of their feasts by the moon. It is always wrong to worship celestial objects, but it wouldn't be wrong to observe them for the purpose of honoring God. God gave the Blood Moons for a purpose. It wasn't for worship. It was for warnings. Each time there has been a Blood Moon something has happened in the life of Israel. No one should predict what is going to happen. We don't know. We have to wait and see what God does. If God does nothing, then it is probably for a higher purpose. But, God is a God of order. He often does things in patterns. The Blood Moons and the Smeitta (sp) are patterns. These two are going to connect this coming September for the first time in recorded history. I'm not predicting anything, but it will be a time of reflection and prayer as I wait to see what God may do.

Please back up this claim that each time there's been a blood moon, something has happened in the life of Israel.

Upvote 0

pilgrim42

Oct 2, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
✟8,036.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please back up this claim that each time there's been a blood moon, something has happened in the life of Israel.

I will only go back 500 years.

In 1492 their was a blood moon and the Jews were dispersed from Spain. Of course, Columbus founded America, which eventually opened up new doors for the Jews,

In 1949 there was another blood moon. It came right after the second birth of Israel.

In the next blood moon, 1967, there was the 1967 war in Israel, which was a great victory

None of the Blood Moons occured on a Jewish Holiday.

This current blood moon is a series of 4 blood moons. We had two last year and one so far this year. Nothing is going to happen apparenty until the 4th Blood Moon, which will occur about Sept 11, 2015. It will be within a few days of the Schmitta. The last blood moon will also occur on the Feast of Tabernacles.

Nothing is set in stone. We just have to wait and see.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I will only go back 500 years.

In 1492 their was a blood moon and the Jews were dispersed from Spain. Of course, Columbus founded America, which eventually opened up new doors for the Jews,

In 1949 there was another blood moon. It came right after the second birth of Israel.

In the next blood moon, 1967, there was the 1967 war in Israel, which was a great victory

None of the Blood Moons occured on a Jewish Holiday.

This current blood moon is a series of 4 blood moons. We had two last year and one so far this year. Nothing is going to happen apparenty until the 4th Blood Moon, which will occur about Sept 11, 2015. It will be within a few days of the Schmitta. The last blood moon will also occur on the Feast of Tabernacles.

Nothing is set in stone. We just have to wait and see.

So from 1492 to 1967 there were no blood moons?

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
So from 1492 to 1967 there were no blood moons?

at this point i'm not certain whether i will be allowed to post here or not, but i can answer your question above.

please let me know if i can post.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
at this point i'm not certain whether i will be allowed to post here or not, but i can answer your question above.

please let me know if i can post.:)
We're friends. You can post. :)

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you.:)

to summarize,between the years of 1493-2015 there have indeed been blood moons. When there are a series of 4 consecutive blood moons, that series is known as a Tetrad.

the series of blood moons in the first Tetrad are as follows:
1. Passover, April 2, 1493
2. Feast of Tabernacles, Sept 25, 1493
3. Passover, March 22, 1494
4. Feast of Tabernacles, Sept 15, 1494

(also noted was a total solar eclipse on Sept 24, 1493).

During the years leading up to 1493 the Jews living in Spain at the time were ordered to leave Castile and Aragon by edict of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. They were also stripped of their wealth, which was later given to Christopher Columbus to finance his exploration and discovery of America. America would later provide sanctuary for the Jewish people.

The second Tetrad:
1. Passover, April 13, 1949
2. Feast of Tabernacles, October 7, 1949
3. Passover, April 2, 1950
4. Feast of Tabernacles, Sept 26, 1950

(also noted was a total Solar eclipse on Sept 12, 1950.)

during this time the state of Israel was once again declared a nation and the first permanent Israeli government took office. The war of independence was fought from May 15, 1948--March 10, 1949.

The Third Tetrad:
1. Passover, April 24, 1967
2. Feast of Tabernacles, October 18, 1967
3. Passover April 13, 1968
4. Feast of Tabernacles, October 6, 1968

(also noted was a total solar eclipse on November 2, 1967)

On May 18 through June 4,1967 the Arab world declared war against Israel. This was the period of the Six day war, which israel won, and Jerusalem became the capital city once again.

The Fourth Tetrad:
1.Passover, April 15, 2014
2. Feast of Tabernacles, October 8, 2014
3. Passover April 4, 2015
4.(predicted) Feast of Tabernacles, September 28, 2015

(also noted a total Solar eclipse on March 20, 2015)

the one thing that sets the last Tetrad apart from the previous ones is that it occurs within the Shemittah year with the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah) which began at sunset, September 25, 2014, and is predicted to end on the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah) on September 13, 2015.

That additional occurrence of the Shemittah is one reason why folks are paying greater attention to what is happening this time around.

Reactions: JuJube
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.:)

to summarize,between the years of 1493-2015 there have indeed been blood moons. When there are a series of 4 consecutive blood moons, that series is known as a Tetrad.

the series of blood moons in the first Tetrad are as follows:
1. Passover, April 2, 1493
2. Feast of Tabernacles, Sept 25, 1493
3. Passover, March 22, 1494
4. Feast of Tabernacles, Sept 15, 1494

(also noted was a total solar eclipse on Sept 24, 1493).

During the years leading up to 1493 the Jews living in Spain at the time were ordered to leave Castile and Aragon by edict of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. They were also stripped of their wealth, which was later given to Christopher Columbus to finance his exploration and discovery of America. America would later provide sanctuary for the Jewish people.

The second Tetrad:
1. Passover, April 13, 1949
2. Feast of Tabernacles, October 7, 1949
3. Passover, April 2, 1950
4. Feast of Tabernacles, Sept 26, 1950

(also noted was a total Solar eclipse on Sept 12, 1950.)

during this time the state of Israel was once again declared a nation and the first permanent Israeli government took office. The war of independence was fought from May 15, 1948--March 10, 1949.

The Third Tetrad:
1. Passover, April 24, 1967
2. Feast of Tabernacles, October 18, 1967
3. Passover April 13, 1968
4. Feast of Tabernacles, October 6, 1968

(also noted was a total solar eclipse on November 2, 1967)

On May 18 through June 4,1967 the Arab world declared war against Israel. This was the period of the Six day war, which israel won, and Jerusalem became the capital city once again.

The Fourth Tetrad:
1.Passover, April 15, 2014
2. Feast of Tabernacles, October 8, 2014
3. Passover April 4, 2015
4.(predicted) Feast of Tabernacles, September 28, 2015

(also noted a total Solar eclipse on March 20, 2015)

the one thing that sets the last Tetrad apart from the previous ones is that it occurs within the Shemittah year with the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah) which began at sunset, September 25, 2014, and is predicted to end on the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah) on September 13, 2015.

That additional occurrence of the Shemittah is one reason why folks are paying greater attention to what is happening this time around.

What's the prophecy that is supposedly being fulfilled?

Upvote 0