Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Some of Jack Chick tracts are good, but some are questionable. For tracts I would rather use ones from www.livingwaters.com

But I must say points to Jack Chick for standing against the Roman Catholic Church

Reactions: the truth
Upvote 0

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
*MOD HAT ON*

This is a forum for witnessing, not debating. Also, please remember:
Rule No. 1 - No "Flaming"
1.1 You may discuss another individual's beliefs or religious organization but you will not harass, insult, belittle, threaten, defame or flame the individual (member or non-member) as this is considered personal (ad hominem) attacks in posts, PMs and any other communication within the site. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Directly calling another member “cultist”, “heretic” or “bigot” as these are personal attacks and are not conducive to civil discussion.
b. Calling famous individuals derogatory names (unless it is a well-known nickname) as this may be considered defamation.
1.2 You will not directly call another member or his or her religious organization a “cult”, “heretic”, “demonic” or “satanic” but you may discuss doctrines, teachings, practices or writings of other religious organizations as long as evidence (including Scripture) is provided.
1.3 You will only post negative statements about another individual’s belief or religious organization (including non-Christian religions) with objective evidence provided. Members are allowed to say “The doctrines X church is false because of Y scriptures and Z other relevant evidence”.
1.4 You will not misquote another member regardless of context. You will not quote another member in your profile including your signature without permission - such quotes will be removed.
1.5You will not directly state or otherwise imply that another member is not a Christian if he or she falls under Rule 6.5 and 6.6 and he or she does not have a hidden faith icon without providing substantiation from scripture or doctrine or historic church writtings.
*MOD HAT OFF*

Upvote 0

the truth

The Bible Sender 1Cor 15:34
Apr 1, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟17,895.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
PaladinDoodler said:
Wow. I start a thread about Chick Tracts and everyone starts hounding me for being Catholic. :doh: Oh and its not "Romanism". Its called Catholicism.

But that is not true you didn't just start a thread abuot Chick you also stated theat he was a fundamental Baptist and false. SO I being a Baptist should have every right to state what I believe. God bless. :)

Upvote 0

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I, personally, do not like Chick Tracts, nor does my husband...I know of many churches that refuse to use them.

I have no idea if he is a fundamental Baptist, or anything else, but I do know ONE fundamental Baptist that definetely does not agree with them! He is very knowledgeable, and has been a preacher all his life! (well, except when he was a child ;) )

Upvote 0

BarryK

Feb 16, 2006
pocono mountains, Pennsyltucky
✟7,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PaladinDoodler said:
Chick Tracts are Gospel tracts that are produced by the Fundamentalist Baptist, Jack Chick. They are false and very often anti-Catholic. Chick tracts are so false that many Fundamentalists even reject them! Read more here:

http://www.catholic.com/library/sr_chick_tracts_p1.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_Tracts#Criticisms_of_Chick_Publications
I have a love/hate relationship with Jack Chick. I collect Chick Tracts the way I used to collect Spider Man Comic Books. There are many "chick appologists" who claim that Jack loves Cathloics ( I am not a Cathloic) and that the methods he uses are the only "effctive " methods to reach them. I dont buy that. If you use the anti -cathloic chicktracts, are you not pushing people away rather than pulling them in? There are a few decent chick tracts that can be used for general witnessing ("This was your life " is the most well known one) but you need to be careful about which ones you select. Remember that the main purpose of a tract is to make an initial connection before you start witnessing, and as you speak, the Holy Spirit wil guide you.

Upvote 0

Kusanagi

Cyborg Surface Marshal
Jul 4, 2005
The Northeast Corridor
✟8,723.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
PaladinDoodler said:
Chick Tracts are Gospel tracts that are produced by the Fundamentalist Baptist, Jack Chick. They are false and very often anti-Catholic. Chick tracts are so false that many Fundamentalists even reject them! Read more here:

http://www.catholic.com/library/sr_chick_tracts_p1.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_Tracts#Criticisms_of_Chick_Publications
I have been looking for Witnessing guides that are eather Catholic friendly or Neutral (IE, does not conflict with any Christian Denominations)

Reactions: Valentine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BarryK

Feb 16, 2006
pocono mountains, Pennsyltucky
✟7,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kusanagi said:
I have been looking for Witnessing guides that are eather Catholic friendly or Neutral (IE, does not conflict with any Christian Denominations)
you might want to check out living waters
www.livingwaters.com

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the truth said:
But that is not true you didn't just start a thread abuot Chick you also stated theat he was a fundamental Baptist and false. SO I being a Baptist should have every right to state what I believe. God bless. :)

What I said is true. I started a thread about Jack Chick and said he was a Fundamentalist Baptist and proceeded to post links that refute him and his tracks. Jack Chick most certainly is a Fundamentalist Baptist. Even Wikipedia agrees.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Chick

And yes, I was being hounded for being Catholic. I came in and at least one person called Catholicism "Romanism" which is a highly insulting term. That post has since been edited.

Upvote 0

StarSapphire

Joyfully we adore Him!
Nov 28, 2004
Northern California
✟11,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The first Chick tract I read I thought it was a joke, or a parody. Since then I've learned it is "serious" to that organization, anyway. They would make good comic book writers, and I say that talent is going to waste over there. Think of all the great comic books we're missing!! they are in the wrong business.... :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valentine

Legend
Feb 22, 2005
Virginia
✟39,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON
l521os-300.jpg

CF Rule 2 Prohibits Flaming:

"
2.1 Flaming Prohibited. Members shall not flame other members.

2.2 Flaming Defined. "Flaming" is one or more deliberately insulting or belittling posts directed at another member or identifiable group of members.
A post contains a flame if:
(a) It was made deliberately by a member;
(b) It insults or belittles;
(c) It is directed at another member or identifiable group of members.

2.3 Prima Facie Insulting or Belittling Terms and Phrases. The following has been judged by Staff as being insulting or belittling:
(a) Calling another member or identifiable group of members a "heretic";
(b) Calling another member or identifiable group of members a "cultist" or "cult member";
(c) Calling another member or identifiable group of members "satanic" or "demon-possessed";
(d) Calling a member or identifiable group of members who have identified themselves as Christian "non-Christian";
(e) Threatening violence against any other member or identifiable group of members;
(f) Calling another member a "troll"
The foregoing list is non-exclusive.'

Please refrain from further inflammatory remarks about various Christian Religious beliefs in this thread. Otherwise, all posts that violate the rules from here on out will be referred to Sr. Moderating Staff for warning.

I have deleted posts that violate the foregoing rule.

MOD HAT OFF.

Upvote 0

OttawaUk

Veteran
Mar 13, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
✟9,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Livingwaters.com has excellent tracts, what makes them even better is that fact that they're not promoting any particular denomination.

The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ and what He did for us. With that being said, all tracts should direct people to the Law to show how we're guilty, in need of a Saviour, then to the Cross to show God's amazing Grace.

I don't get involved in these debates, because its all about Jesus Christ, not what name is on our Church door.

OU

Reactions: Valentine
Upvote 0

hiumble1

Jan 18, 2005
NC
Visit site
✟16,102.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OttawaUk said:
Livingwaters.com has excellent tracts, what makes them even better is that fact that they're not promoting any particular denomination.

The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ and what He did for us. With that being said, all tracts should direct people to the Law to show how we're guilty, in need of a Saviour, then to the Cross to show God's amazing Grace.

I don't get involved in these debates, because its all about Jesus Christ, not what name is on our Church door.

OU

amen

Upvote 0

peacechild

Freethinker/Skeptic/Humanist/Atheist
Apr 24, 2005
✟15,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I really HATE chick tracts. They are so shallow and obviously narrow-minded, plus they posses no tact whatsoever. If I wasn't a Christian and someone handed me one, I would definatly NOT be impressed or any more likely to become a Christian.
My parents' church loves the tracts. They seem to order them by the truck load.
One year when I was like four years old, my parents made me pass them out instead of candy for halloween. Explains why the entire neighborhood avoids us...

Upvote 0