Don't be a hypercritical hypocritical critic of hypocrites.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus calls the hypocrite just what he is because Jesus us exactly who he claims to be- the Son of God and the Son of Man- in whom there is no shred of hypocrisy.

If you call another person a hypocrite you're being a hypercritical hypocritical critic of hypocrites. Still with me? It's a contridiction. It's like being proud of being humble.

Continued below.
http://m.ncregister.com/blog/longen...ypocritical-critic-of-hypocrites#.WAepSkb3bCQ

Last edited:

ChristianFromKazakhstan

Oct 9, 2016
ALMATY
✟29,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus calls the hypocrite just what he is because Jesus us exactly who he claims to be- the Son of God and the Son of Man- in whom there is no shred of hypocrisy.

If you call another person a hypocrite you're being a hypercritical hypocritical critic of hypocrites. Still with me? It's a contridiction. It's like being proud of being humble.

Continued below.
http://m.ncregister.com/blog/longen...ypocritical-critic-of-hypocrites#.WAepSkb3bCQ

Ha ha ha!!! I love it! I love it!

So true.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
In Praise of Hypocrisy

Hypocrisie est un hommage que la vice rend à la vertu.”

La Rochefoucauld was right. Hypocrisy is the tribute vice pays to virtue. More to the point, virtue deserves tribute. I tire of nincompoops raising a quivering finger at folks whose morality may not be 100% consistent. I grow weary of those who think the mere observation of hypocrisy means something. I yawn and roll my eyes at the killjoys who seem to think that the mere existence of hypocrisy somehow discredits the idea that one should at least attempt to act ethically....

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Still? Never was. What utter nonsense.
Whatever Bill. You think just about everything posted is nonsense. I liked what was written myself. Why is it nonsense? This was written by a priest from a faithbased pov. You are still my favorite curmudgeon though! ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Whatever Bill. You think just about everything posted is nonsense.
:rolleyes: Yeah right. Not sure why your claws are out; my opinion wasn't aimed at you. Excuse me for disagreeing.

Why is it nonsense?
How is it NOT nonsense? Calling someone a hypocrite automatically means the person pointing is out is a hypocrite? Clearly the author has no idea what the word means.

This was written by a priest from a faithbased pov.
And neither changes its inaccuracy in the slightest.

You are still my favorite curmudgeon though! ;)
Thx...and you're my favorite OBOB "spammer" ;) (which I mean in a very good way...as I've said before it's no small part of keeping it going)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:rolleyes: Yeah right. Not sure why your claws are out; my opinion wasn't aimed at you. Excuse me for disagreeing.

How is it NOT nonsense? Calling someone a hypocrite automatically means the person pointing is out is a hypocrite? Clearly the author has no idea what the word means.

And neither changes its inaccuracy in the slightest.

Thx...and you're my favorite OBOB "spammer" ;) (which I mean in a very good way...as I've said before it's no small part of keeping it going)
Love to you Bill. But I asked a valid question and got no answer. You disagree a lot with no explanation. So I asked. If you took it as being hostile, it was not intended. I would just like to know why it is nonsense from a Catholic pov. It is tiring to post this things for discussion with just objection in little in the reasons why it is just nonsense. I do not think it is too much to ask.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Continued below.
What is the person that's critical of the hypercritical hypocritical critics of hypocrites?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the person that's critical of the hypercritical hypocritical critics of hypocrites?
Blind? :sorry: A high opinion of themselves? Think they are immune to others faults in themselves? I'd say they are critical hypocrites that our oblivious to their own faults. Not self aware in a realistic sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Love to you Bill. But I asked a valid question and got no answer.
Yes you did. No idea what you don't understand about it. But wouldn't it make more sense to say "why do you disagree" or "here's what I don't understand about your explanation" vs engaging in thinly veiled personal attacks like "oh you always do this" which, even if it was valid, is not only irrelevant, but rather rude (intended or not)? cmon, that's not you at all.....

You disagree a lot with no explanation.
See what I mean? How would you like it if I went "oh you always attack someone when they disagree".....kinda rude isn't it, regardless of its validity or lack of it.

why it is nonsense from a Catholic pov.
It has nothing to do with a Catholic POV. It's nonsense from any POV. It's simply a question of understanding and using the word in a valid way. He didn't. For the second and final time: calling someone a hypocrite doesn't make the "caller" a hypocrite.

Would posting the definition help? (The priest should look it up also)

hypocrite
noun hyp·o·crite \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\

a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.

ie if I said stealing is wrong or condemned someone for stealing......then went about stealing....I would be a hypocrite. But if someone observed or pointed out my hypocrisy, that doesn't make them a hypocrite.

If you still don't understand, oh well. I can't make it any plainer.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes you did. No idea what you don't understand about it. But wouldn't it make more sense to say "why do you disagree" or "here's what I don't understand about your explanation" vs engaging in thinly veiled personal attacks like "oh you always do this" which, even if it was valid, is not only irrelevant, but rather rude (intended or not)? cmon, that's not you at all.....

See what I mean? How would you like it if I went "oh you always attack someone when they disagree".....kinda rude isn't it, regardless of its validity or lack of it.

It has nothing to do with a Catholic POV. It's nonsense from any POV. It's simply a question of understanding and using the word in a valid way. He didn't. For the second and final time: calling someone a hypocrite doesn't make the "caller" a hypocrite.

Would posting the definition help? (The priest should look it up also)

ie if I said stealing is wrong or condemned someone for stealing......then went about stealing....I would be a hypocrite. But if someone observed or pointed out my hypocrisy, that doesn't make them a hypocrite.

If you still don't understand, oh well. I can't make it any plainer.
I think he was discussing it more on a spiritual level grouchy. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums