Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's not much time for that! Concern yourself with the ending!

"Noah", the new movie is coming out on March 28. Go see it. Maybe Hollywood can change your mind. Nah ... probably not.

But let me give you something to test. I won't take millions of years, just a few. Let's say God really exists and He gave us signs that His plan for this world is about to reach it's climax, meaning the end times were going to come soon. One of those signs were that the Jews would be gathered from throughout the world after being scattered in 70 A.D. and brought back to their home, Israel. Oh, you have to look it up. (see Jer.16:15; Ezek. 37:21) That prophecy was fulfilled in 1948, when Israel became a nation and then they recaptured Jerusalem in 1967 to seal the deal.
And then he said their would be wars, rumors of wars, famines, earthquakes, pestilence but these would be the beginning of birth pangs. The gospel would be preached to the whole world and THEN the end would come. We are right at that time in history.
Let me give you another sign. "The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord." Act 2:20 (see also Rev. 6:12) Let me help with the interpretation of that. It is a solar eclipse followed by a lunar (blood moon) eclipse.

Soon to appear are Four Blood Moon eclipses accompanied by a Solar Eclipse -- all falling on Jewish Holy Days. This is not a coincidence, it happened in 1948 and 1967 as well. They are a sign of war and judgment.
On April 15, 2014 the 1st Blood Moon will appear during the Passover week. The Feast of Unleavened Bread falls on that day.
On Oct. 08, 2014 the 2nd Blood Moon appears on the Feast of Tabernacles.
On March 20, 2015 a Solar Eclipse will appear on Nisan 1, the Religious New Year.
On April 3, 2015 the 3rd Blood Moon (also a super moon) will fall again on the Passover week/ Feast of Unleavened Bread.
On Sept. 28, 2015 the 4th Blood Moon appears on the Feast of Tabernacles.

When is the 6 months deal with Iran over? April 2014.
When did Kerry say his goal was for a Palestinian Peace agreement? By the end of April 2014 "...When the say peace and safety, sudden destruction comes upon them .."1 Thes. 5:3 .
When did Weidemer, (the economist who predicted the recent recession), say in his book AFTERSHOCK, that the US dollar would crash? By 2015.
What is one generation? 70 years. 70+1948=2018
The Great Tribulation is 3 1/2 years long. Since the UN recognized Israel as a state in Nov.1947, yet it became official in May 1948, then that date would be more accurate when you subtract 3 1/2 years --you come to April 2014.

If you find yourself in the midst of this end time period, would you abandon your belief in evolution for the belief in God? Wouldn't the prophecies be proof to you? And finally, If you see Jesus descend from heaven (and "every eye will see Him"), then what? Well, it might be too late if you already took the mark of the Beast, which means you chose wrong and it will be over for you!

So folks, looks like the climax of history is on the horizon. Your arguments of creation and evolution will shortly be null and void. These are tangible signs. Maybe you haven't noticed the unraveling in the Middle East: Tunisia, Yemen, Egypt, Libya, Syria, or Iran producing nukes. Btw, that's also another prophecy: "three horns are plucked and one little horn emerges.."Dan. 7:8 This means three key leaders removed from office. Mubarak, Kaddafi and they're working on Assad. Or maybe Osama was a horn? Nevertheless, the stage is being set.
God did not intend us to live in a sinful world for eons without end. He has a finite plan, and you will now see the climax of that plan, His wrath. Get ready.

If a nuclear war occurs with Israel, would you begin to consider taking God's word seriously? If not, what would it take? If the world experienced a Great Tribulation period spoken of in Daniel 12; Ezek 37, 38; Joel 2; Revelation 6-19, where more than half of people on earth die, would that get your attention? Or maybe you'd think that this was the supreme punctuated equilibrium taking place before us? "We will now evolve to an advanced form ..." No, this will be punctuated fire. In this lake of punctuated fire, there will be no beneficial mutations surviving these events!

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do hope you stick around for the next 18 months.....it will be fun to watch as you justify your failed predictions.....

+1

I keep trying to find people who said that Obama was the anti-Christ (I am sure I read some say that in this very forum), but can't find their posts, so I will follow this one!

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,743.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
+1

I keep trying to find people who said that Obama was the anti-Christ (I am sure I read some say that in this very forum), but can't find their posts, so I will follow this one!
Found one public poll, and of the 4 that said Yes he is, none of the accounts have posted this year.

http://www.christianforums.com/poll24056/

hiscosmicgoldfish : Last Activity: 11th July 2013 03:58 PM
mog144 : Last Activity: 26th June 2013 05:52 PM
SeraphimsCherub : Last Activity: 14th December 2013 10:00 AM
Bethwhite : Last Activity: 22nd March 2013 06:29 AM

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,294.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Found one public poll, and of the 4 that said Yes he is, none of the accounts have posted this year.

http://www.christianforums.com/poll24056/

hiscosmicgoldfish : Last Activity: 11th July 2013 03:58 PM
mog144 : Last Activity: 26th June 2013 05:52 PM
SeraphimsCherub : Last Activity: 14th December 2013 10:00 AM
Bethwhite : Last Activity: 22nd March 2013 06:29 AM

Clearly they were right and they have been taken up in the rapture. ;)

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

"Noah", the new movie is coming out on March 28. Go see it. Maybe Hollywood can change your mind. Nah ... probably not.

But let me give you something to test. I won't take millions of years, just a few. Let's say God really exists and He gave us signs that His plan for this world is about to reach it's climax, meaning the end times were going to come soon. One of those signs were that the Jews would be gathered from throughout the world after being scattered in 70 A.D. and brought back to their home, Israel. Oh, you have to look it up. (see Jer.16:15; Ezek. 37:21) That prophecy was fulfilled in 1948, when Israel became a nation and then they recaptured Jerusalem in 1967 to seal the deal.
And then he said their would be wars, rumors of wars, famines, earthquakes, pestilence but these would be the beginning of birth pangs. The gospel would be preached to the whole world and THEN the end would come. We are right at that time in history.
Let me give you another sign. "The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord." Act 2:20 (see also Rev. 6:12) Let me help with the interpretation of that. It is a solar eclipse followed by a lunar (blood moon) eclipse.

Soon to appear are Four Blood Moon eclipses accompanied by a Solar Eclipse -- all falling on Jewish Holy Days. This is not a coincidence, it happened in 1948 and 1967 as well. They are a sign of war and judgment.
On April 15, 2014 the 1st Blood Moon will appear during the Passover week. The Feast of Unleavened Bread falls on that day.
On March 20, 2015 a Solar Eclipse will appear on Nisan 1, the Religious New Year.
On April 3, 2015 the 3rd Blood Moon (also a super moon) will fall again on the Passover week/ Feast of Unleavened Bread.

When did Kerry say his goal was for a Palestinian Peace agreement? By the end of April 2014 "...When the say peace and safety, sudden destruction comes upon them .."1 Thes. 5:3 .
When did Weidemer, (the economist who predicted the recent recession), say in his book AFTERSHOCK, that the US dollar would crash? By 2015.
The Great Tribulation is 3 1/2 years long. Since the UN recognized Israel as a state in Nov.1947, yet it became official in May 1948, then that date would be more accurate when you subtract 3 1/2 years --you come to April 2014.

If you find yourself in the midst of this end time period, would you abandon your belief in evolution for the belief in God? Wouldn't the prophecies be proof to you? And finally, If you see Jesus descend from heaven (and "every eye will see Him"), then what? Well, it might be too late if you already took the mark of the Beast, which means you chose wrong and it will be over for you!

So folks, looks like the climax of history is on the horizon. Your arguments of creation and evolution will shortly be null and void. These are tangible signs. Maybe you haven't noticed the unraveling in the Middle East: Tunisia, Yemen, Egypt, Libya, Syria, or Iran producing nukes. Btw, that's also another prophecy: "three horns are plucked and one little horn emerges.."Dan. 7:8 This means three key leaders removed from office. Mubarak, Kaddafi and they're working on Assad. Or maybe Osama was a horn? Nevertheless, the stage is being set.
God did not intend us to live in a sinful world for eons without end. He has a finite plan, and you will now see the climax of that plan, His wrath. Get ready.

If a nuclear war occurs with Israel, would you begin to consider taking God's word seriously? If not, what would it take? If the world experienced a Great Tribulation period spoken of in Daniel 12; Ezek 37, 38; Joel 2; Revelation 6-19, where more than half of people on earth die, would that get your attention? Or maybe you'd think that this was the supreme punctuated equilibrium taking place before us? "We will now evolve to an advanced form ..." No, this will be punctuated fire. In this lake of punctuated fire, there will be no beneficial mutations surviving these events!

Postdiction pattern seeking confirmation bias. Nothing to see hear. Move along.

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do hope you stick around for the next 18 months.....it will be fun to watch as you justify your failed predictions.....
Sure, if we have electricity. I'll stand corrected, I'll be the fool. I am putting my neck out, not for just people I don't know on the net but my family and friends as well. I feel that if what I am saying is true, it would be wrong not to warn people. My daughter in law responded, "So what, everyone dies!" Obviously, she takes it lightly. When it hits and she's all panicked maybe I'll return that response to her. "Relax, so what, everyone dies, here have drink." My brother humors me. I'll mention a tsunami from a massive quake or asteroid since he lives on the shore and he'll say, "I'll be out there in my chair watching that big wave come in and he laughs." He loves me, he lets me believe what I want without disagreement. Of course if it does happen, with his temper, ooowee ... he won't be laughing, he might just shout out profanities and shake his fist at God. No one will be laughing.
Yeah, I'll stick around.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys, I'm disappointed that we've been moved. My primary purpose was to speak to the atheists. I wouldn't think they'd visit this area of the forum. Oh, if there are still some out there, tell your buddy's that they'll be experiencing God's wrath soon ... you wanted evidence. If it doesn't happen, I'll be the big joke. But of course, if I'm wrong, it l doesn't mean the Bible is, it just means I'll be retiring any future sermons and I did promise my family that I would shut up if nothing happens. Someone said I would move the dates to yet another future time. I never had a date or dates, never felt that sure before.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys, I'm disappointed that we've been moved. My primary purpose was to speak to the atheists.

Your message is lost to atheists. They have rejected God and turn to SCIENCE for a god. In science they search for a beginning and also an end. It is ironic that they have the same desire to learn of our beginning and end that the Bible speaks to. That is part of our nature. God created us in his image, part of that is to seek him out and see him in the world all around us.

Now the atheists/scientists also look for many ways for the world to end. They currently use the farce of man-made global warming to be the source of all kinds of extreme weather disasters. This is just another way for them to deny God being in control of the weather where he uses natural disasters as a call to the world to repent and turn to him.

In 2 Peter 3 I see fulfilled end time prophecy where people deny God created the world. It has only been in recent times that there is a massive push in the secular world to deny God/promote atheism. Most civilizations in history have at least acknowledged the existence of some god.

Also in Peter's letter is a warning to all that deny the coming of Jesus. It ends with a call to LOOK FORWARD to the coming DAY OF THE LORD and SPEED ITS COMING. I fear many of the posters here do not honor this scripture.

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

If you mean the Parosia and final judgment I'd agree, life is short.

That's just great, a movie based on the book, then they will probably come out with a book for the movie.

I think I will look it up:

But, The LORD lives, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands where he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers. (Jer.16:15)

21 then say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land. (Ezek. 37:21)​

You are mistaken, these prophecies were literally fulfilled when Israel returned from the Babylonian captivity:

• 538 BCE Decree of Cyrus allows Jews to return to Jerusalem
  • 520–515 BCE Return by many Jews to Yehud under Zerubbabel and Joshua the High Priest. Foundations of Second Temple laid.

These prophecies were fulfilled almost five hundred years before Christ's Triumphant Entry into Jerusalem starting Passion Week.

Let's see, it was fulfilled in 1948 and in 1967 the 'deal was sealed' and now we are at the time immediately proceeding the Parosia?

lunar-eclipse-luc-viatour-small.jpg

From the Earth Sky article 'What is the Blood Moon? article:

Dates of Biblical prophecy Blood Moons in 2014 and 2015. These are the dates for the upcoming tetrad – four successive total lunar eclipses – in these years.

2014:
Total lunar eclipse: April 15
Total lunar eclipse: October 8

2015:
Total lunar eclipse: April 4
Total lunar eclipse: September 28​

From NASA:

2014 Apr 15: Total Lunar Eclipse
2014 Apr 29: Annular Solar Eclipse
2014 Oct 08: Total Lunar Eclipse
2014 Oct 23: Partial Solar Eclipse​

Eclipses During 2014

I don't think I have heard anything about peace and safety but the Iran deal:

Iran and six of the world's powers – the United States, France, Britain, Germany, China and Russia – agreed on a "first step deal” that is meant to limit advancements in Iran's nuclear program in exchange for easing some of the economic sanctions that have deeply hurt Iran's economy.​

Western powers reach deal with Iran over its nuclear program

In a recent interview for his newest book Aftershock, Wiedemer says, “The data is clear, 50% unemployment, a 90% stock market drop, and 100% annual inflation . . . starting in 2012.”

Billionaire Tells Americans to Prepare For 'Financial Ruin'

Yes, we know now what it looks like when the Wall Street debt bubble bursts, still waiting for what it will look like when it happens to the Federal Government. He predicted 100% inflation from 2013 to 2014 but I'm not seeing it. We are also supposed to be more dependent on foreign oil but we are having an oil bonanza because of rising prices their drilling more here.

Don't get me wrong, the debt bubble is a disaster waiting to happen. Right now, no one really how that looks until it actually happens.

I'm unclear how you made the leap from May 1948 to April 2014.

You can't take the mark of the beast by accident and the rise of the Antichrist will not happen between the lines of headline news.

We have been on the verge of the 7 year Tribulation since Jesus was raised from the dead. We have been living in the 'end times' for 2,000 years.

Indeed, Amen!

Well yea, nuclear war with Israel would be positively Apocalyptic, the retaliation would be immediate and devastating. The US only had nukes because the nuclear scientists in Germany were mostly Jewish. They fled Nazi Germany and ended up developing nuclear weapons in New Mexico, a guy named Einstein had told Truman about the potential for such a weapon.

Anyway, an interesting yarn but highly speculative.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
If I concern myself with the end, won't I have problems with living my life?

I agree, probably not. A dramatization of a 'well' known story won't change much for me.

I have to say that I'm not impressed by prophecy unless it's very specific, explicit and I've verified that it's been done beforehand myself.

Ok.

If something as extraordinary as that, sure. But how do I know if I've taken the mark of the beast? And what do I get from taking it?

Awesome. Though I've got to say that the quote you provided could be fulfilled by a lot of things. Which is disappointing.

I honestly don't think a nuclear war is enough, that could be triggered by human interaction alone and therefore is no indicator of god.

What does evolution have to do with the end times btw? You lost me completely at the last section, it seems to have almost nothing to do with the earlier parts (as you seem to speak of more supernatural events before).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Your message is lost to atheists.
No. It's not. We do, however, not put as much stock in the quotations from the bible.

They have rejected God and turn to SCIENCE for a god.
Then we wouldn't be atheist, would we?

In science they search for a beginning and also an end. It is ironic that they have the same desire to learn of our beginning and end that the Bible speaks to. That is part of our nature. God created us in his image, part of that is to seek him out and see him in the world all around us.
Why would it be ironic if it's in our nature? There's no need to assume the source of that nature.

Now the atheists/scientists also look for many ways for the world to end. They currently use the farce of man-made global warming to be the source of all kinds of extreme weather disasters. This is just another way for them to deny God being in control of the weather where he uses natural disasters as a call to the world to repent and turn to him.
Weather wouldn't end the world. Also, the statement you made about god there is leaving much to ask for.
We would like you to demonstrate that there exists a god and we would like you to demonstrate that god controls the weather (yes, the second does not follow from the first).
I, specifically, would like you to demonstrate that god is using the natural disasters to try to convey a message, I'd personally claim that if that's the case, he's using a crappy method.

In 2 Peter 3 I see fulfilled end time prophecy where people deny God created the world. It has only been in recent times that there is a massive push in the secular world to deny God/promote atheism. Most civilizations in history have at least acknowledged the existence of some god.
I'd say that there's a difference in denying and not accepting. I, for one, would change my mind if I were convinced if there is a god. In a heartbeat. So would most people I know.

Also in Peter's letter is a warning to all that deny the coming of Jesus. It ends with a call to LOOK FORWARD to the coming DAY OF THE LORD and SPEED ITS COMING. I fear many of the posters here do not honor this scripture.

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.
And here I repeat:
We do not put much stock in the quotations from the bible.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
One of those signs were that the Jews would be gathered from throughout the world after being scattered in 70 A.D. and brought back to their home, Israel. Oh, you have to look it up. (see Jer.16:15; Ezek. 37:21) That prophecy was fulfilled in 1948, when Israel became a nation and then they recaptured Jerusalem in 1967 to seal the deal.
There are more Jews in America than in Israel. Nevermind the diaspora acorss the rest of the world.

Prophecy not fulfilled!

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The end of the world can come tomorrow. The end of YOUR world can come tomorrow. It doesn't matter then about the rest of the world. You can say that the end of the world is a long way off, but that doesn't matter to you if you drop dead. Atheists like to jeer at others who have predicted the end of the world. They fall into two categories; those who are now dead and those who will be dead. The Lord is patient and will come in His own time, but not even the angels know when that time is.

As for the atheists, we pray for them because when their end comes they are damned for their rejection of Christ. There will be no time to change their minds. When they finally get the "proof of God" they claim to want, it will come to wait.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
As for the atheists, we pray for them because when their end comes they are damned for their rejection of Christ. There will be no time to change their minds. When they finally get the "proof of God" they claim to want, it will come to wait.
Many versions of Christianity say that we'll get a chance to repent. Which undermines Pascal's wager somewhat. Not that it needed much undermining...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.