Donald Trump Rainman! Promises to end drought in California!

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Cue the Trump apologists "he didn't actually say that ..." 3 - 2 -1 ...

It's almost as funny as Rick Perry and his "days of prayer" for rain proclamation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
He's going to build a big, beautifull well, and this well will have a big, beautifull bucket.

gwj6zxynmjkylo2sosuw.png

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never understood why they aren't building large desalination plants there. Countries all over the world use them, and successfully. Goodness knows with the population boom that happen during the history they would need more water anyway.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well now, we have in President Obama a man who is going around claiming that our country has achieved "full employment." I didn't notice the guffaws from the usual suspects over that whopper!

I'd say that solving California's water problem is lot more likely than putting a large chunk of the 94,000,000 Americans who are currently out of the workforce into jobs.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I never understood why they aren't building large desalination plants there. Countries all over the world use them, and successfully. Goodness knows with the population boom that happen during the history they would need more water anyway.
They actually opened the largest desalination plant in the western hemisphere at the turn of the year.

http://www.seeker.com/uss-largest-water-desalination-plant-opens-1770617698.html#news.discovery.com

But building and running those things takes a lot of time, know-how and money.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

They do, it's just that the number of people and the amount of agriculture trying to be supported would have required a massive building project to already have been completed.

The drought isn't what is unprecedented in the region the amount of water they have been getting regularly in the last century was. The problem is that nobody was taking it seriously when some people were saying that a decade ago.

Much of the American south west is dependent on, not entirely reliable, and sometimes nonrenewable water resources such as aquifers.

gwdepletion-map-2008.png

Last edited:
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They do, it's just that the number of people and the amount of agriculture trying to be supported would have required a massive building project to already have been completed.

The drought isn't unprecedented in the region the amount of water they have been getting regularly in the last century was, the problem is that nobody was taking it seriously when some people were saying that a decade ago.

Much of the American south west is dependent on, not entirely reliable, and sometimes nonrenewable water resources such as aquifers.

I knew they had one such plant that I read about, but in an area as large as that? You would think you would need more than one. Most of my life they had droughts on and off there constantly. Yes, I agree they were not taking it seriously enough.

I know at one time they were concerned about the marine life with such a plant, but with the over 120 countries around the world doing this already? It doesn't seem to be an issue there, and so I wonder why they are afraid of it here.

You have many farms in that area as well, and they need that resource - along with the population.

I remember going to the Tetons over 25+ years ago, and they were having a drought them too. The potatoe farmers were fighting for the water in Utah, and CA was trying to stop them because they needed it.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The wacko environmentalists in the '70s forced the CA legislature to stop building reservoirs and aqueducts. So as the population grew, water reclamation did not. 70% of California's rain washes straight into the ocean because of this lunacy.
So if Trump is elected and can reverse 40 years of stupidity, then yes, he can turn the water back on.
And desalination.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's going to build a well. A really, really big well. It'll be great. The biggest deepest well in the entire history of digging wells. It will be halfway to China..... it will be so deep we can have all the hot and cold running water California will ever need. That crazy liberal Governor will call Trump begging to get on board! And you know what is the best part? Mexico will pay for it, too!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The wacko environmentalists in the '70s forced the CA legislature to stop building reservoirs and aqueducts. So as the population grew, water reclamation did not. 70% of California's rain washes straight into the ocean because of this lunacy.
So if Trump is elected and can reverse 40 years of stupidity, then yes, he can turn the water back on.
And desalination.

Hooray expanded executive power!

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So he simply declared there is no drought in California? People believe him?
I saw today on the news he also declared ISIS has control of all Libya's oil (turns out to be false as well), and used that as a reason to bomb Libya
How can anyone see Trump as good for our future?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I'd say that solving California's water problem is lot more likely than putting a large chunk of the 94,000,000 Americans who are currently out of the workforce into jobs.

A rather large chunk of that number includes people like retirees, teenagers, and stay-at-home mom's.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does the constitution not matter if you like those who are ignoring its limits?
Seriously? These days people who talk about the Constitution are ridiculed anyway. Pffffttt

Upvote 0