“In case I don't see ya…”
Feb 8, 2004
✟24,497.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Autumnleaf said:
Wives are to submit to their husbands and their husbands are to submit to God per the Bible. God wants submission and he has enslaved his people, had them almost annihilated at times, and allowed them to starve to gain that submission. He even drown the world to get submissive people back in the majority. God has no qualms about using force to make us submit to his authority. Should your husband do likewise or should he let you walk all over him?

With more wives filing for divorce than husbands and the divorce rate at 50% I don't care to elaborate further on how disrespected men are in the US. The freedom America grants its citizens does not always translate into a Godly society or even a happy one.

Overseas we fight for democracy in Iraq while we trade with people who enslave people who want democracy in China. Shop at Wal-Mart to continue the support of this practice. Don't look to foreign policy for morality unless you don't mind grave disappointment.

The rising level of divorce boils down to women? Wow… let us count the ways we can blame Eve for our sin…

Christians have the highest rate of divorce. Atheists and agnostic the lowest. Which one of those two groups pounds the issue of “wives submit!” in a unilateral way? Check out the correlations.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
mbams said:
The rising level of divorce boils down to women? Wow… let us count the ways we can blame Eve for our sin…

Christians have the highest rate of divorce. Atheists and agnostic the lowest. Which one of those two groups pounds the issue of “wives submit!” in a unilateral way? Check out the correlations.

From here it sounds like one group demands wives should not submit.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Autumnleaf said:

You'd probably find that amongst atheist/agnostic couples the issues of submission never come up, and that said couples operate on an egalitarian model which is beneficial for long term cohabitation.

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Autumnleaf said:
Wives are to submit to their husbands and their husbands are to submit to God per the Bible. God wants submission and he has enslaved his people, had them almost annihilated at times, and allowed them to starve to gain that submission. He even drown the world to get submissive people back in the majority. God has no qualms about using force to make us submit to his authority.

The are absolutes of opinion. Are you referring to the Jewish tribes and slaves in the Old Testament here, and their constant problems with making covenants with God and breaking them? They are referred to as "God's Chosen" people. The flood and Noah's ark are all in the Old Testament.
You are relating more to the Old Testament than to the New Testament or to Christianity today. I cannot imagine a saved Christian complaining "God has no qualms about using force to make us submit to his authority." Very strange language, very strange outlook on our Lord God.

Should your husband do likewise or should he let you walk all over him?

With more wives filing for divorce than husbands and the divorce rate at 50% I don't care to elaborate further on how disrespected men are in the US. The freedom America grants its citizens does not always translate into a Godly society or even a happy one.

Again, I am getting these little red flashing lights at the sound of these ideas. This extreme emphasis on "how disrespected men are in the US." American men have never struck me as feeling down trodden and "disrespected" by women. This is arrogant rhetoric of male domination found in other countries, cultures and religions in the extremes many times over.

American men and women are both more accustomed to freedom and equality in the United States, more so than in some other countries. The American men I have known would either take offense at such views or simply find them hilariously grim and pretentious.

And the shots at American freedoms not being for a Godly society or a happy one. That is an accusing finger pointing from afar, methinks.

Overseas we fight for democracy in Iraq while we trade with people who enslave people who want democracy in China. Shop at Wal-Mart to continue the support of this practice. Don't look to foreign policy for morality unless you don't mind grave disappointment.

This, He, we, them, ours, us, and thar business is beginning to strike me as really funny.

^_^

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Athene said:
You'd probably find that amongst atheist/agnostic couples the issues of submission never come up, and that said couples operate on an egalitarian model which is beneficial for long term cohabitation.

Or we might find people who don't rely on a God they view as Santa Claus who will fix all their problems.

Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The more I read this the more I see it as men making abuse okay by calling it by a differant name as a way of having total control. If a man has to hit or in other ways put fear into his wife, to get control, he isn't getting respect. That's all IMO, I don't have scientific data to back it up but I do know any real man would never hit his wife.

Reactions: heartnsoul
Upvote 0

Cordy

“In case I don't see ya…”
Feb 8, 2004
✟24,497.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Autumnleaf said:

:scratch: Wow, that is a very far cry what I said. I was referring to unilateral submission. I have made it clear throughout my posting history that I think wives should submit. I think it is not, however, the one way street that it has been abused to be. I believe submission is mutual in marriage between husbands and wives.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok - if you'd like to continue to debate this issue, please move the discussion to the debate forums.

2.2 You will not debate in forums that are not part of the “Discussion and Debate”, “Congregation” or “Theology” categories. Debate is defined as to engage in argument by discussing opposing points.

This thread has been permanently closed by Administrator (see below), due to numerous rule violations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
ADMINISTRATOR HAT ON
Several members posting in this thread needs to calm down and reflect on your behavior.
Members are reminded they need to observe and abide by the rules of Christian Forums. Members are not allowed to flame/insult/belittle others for their beliefs. Also making post that are hateful or talking about harm to others (spouses) is not a good thing.
.: Forum Rule 1 :.
Rule No. 1 - No "Flaming"
1.1 You may discuss another individual's beliefs or religious organization but you will not harass, insult, belittle, threaten, defame or flame the individual (member or non-member) as this is considered personal (ad hominem) attacks in posts, PMs and any other communication within the site.

.: Forum Rule 4 :.
Rule No. 4 - No "Offensive" or "Illegal" Posts, PMs, Links, or Images
4.1 You will not post, attach, use or send any posts, PMs, links, images or files:
a. that are obscene, vulgar, or sexually explicit (including any descriptions of sexual organs or activities in any detail). This is a PG-rated website.
b. that are hateful, racist, or sexist (discussions regarding certain biblical interpretations on the roles of men and women will not be considered "sexist" under this rule).
f. depicts self-harm, suicide, cruelty to animals or harm towards others.
http://www.christianforums.com/rules

ADMINISTRATOR HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.