Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
✟5,083.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The site states that it is not about sexuality. It is about a relationship arrangement of male headship and female submission, with the woman being physically chastised at the will of the husband. Here is an excerpt from the website link on a couple of issues pertaining to the chastisement:

Quote:

"The woman who really understands what Loving Domestic Discipline is all about will realize that, during punishment time, she should not speak unless spoken to. Her HOH does not need to know that the spanking is hurting her. He already knows that because that is how the spanking is supposed to work. He does not need to know that she does not agree with her punishment. The decision to discipline her is his decision, not hers. He has decided to teach her a lesson for her own good. Whether she agrees or disagrees with him is immaterial at this point. She should be concentrating on showing sufficient submission and obedience to accept her punishment without questioning it or her HOH. After all, he is doing it for her own good.

This principle should be used in combination with a good dose of common sense. If the woman is in some kind of serious physical difficulty - e.g. she is having trouble breathing or she feels sick - then of course she should quickly communicate this to her HOH. Submission does not preclude a common sense approach to the disciplinary process. But she should ensure that her problem is real and not just a spurious excuse to pause or terminate her justly administered spanking. "
End of quote.

The Husband or HOH is enjoined to administer the pain to produce genuine, sufficient tears, in order to guarantee results. It appears that he is given a lot of leeway in pain administration.

Again, from the same website, quote on the problem of the wife YELLING, as it relates to the children or neighbors:

"YELLING

A punishment spanking is painful. No one would question that statement, because it is true. If a punishment spanking were not painful, it would not have the desired effect. But some women use the pain of their spanking to justify yelling and screaming at the top of their voices. They have learned not to question their HOH's sanity in disciplining them. They have learned not to swear at him when he is punishing his woman. But they have not learned that yelling and screaming excessively is also a strong form of disrespect.

No one would suggest that a woman should remain totally silent while she is receiving a spanking that is designed to teach her a lesson and bring her to tears. Even if she were totally silent, she will eventually end up crying and sobbing, which is very hard to do in silence. It is not that her HOH wants her to remain completely silent. It is that he does not want her to scream at the top of her lungs. She should not use her voice as an instrument of feminine rebellion and disrespect during her punishment spanking. Just because she is not abusing her HOH or swearing at him does not allow her to yell and scream as if she were going to die. She is not going to die from a spanking. She is just going to experience a lot of pain directed at a part of her body that can safely withstand a very firm spanking indeed. She is just going to feel substantially humbled by her experience. All of this will serve to teach her a useful lesson and to bring her much closer to her HOH. It is no cause for screaming hysterically. It would be appropriate for an HOH to give his woman a Disobedience Discipline if he felt that her hysterical screaming during her punishment spanking was both excessive and disobedient.

In addition to being a form of disobedience, screaming hysterically during a spanking also has other problems. Firstly, it increases the likelihood that the couple's children, if they have any, will hear their mother receiving her punishment spanking. This should not happen. The woman should be punished without her children hearing any aspect of her punishment. It is not appropriate for them to experience any part of their mother's punishment, because it is she who deserves to be punished, not the children.

It is always good for the HOH to inform his woman who is screaming loudly during her discipline that she is behaving not only disobediently towards her HOH, but also behaving irresponsibly towards her children. Her punishment is her own problem, not theirs. She should not involve her own children in her punishment by yelling so loudly that they hear. They did not misbehave - she did. She is the one who deserves to be punished, not them. Therefore she should restrain herself sufficiently so that her cries do not alert and alarm her children.

Another reason for the woman to moderate her screaming is that she increases the risk that the neighbors will hear her. While most neighbors will not intrude, it only takes one who suspects spousal abuse to make a report to the police or other authorities. If the police investigate further and are not understanding about the couple's Loving Domestic Discipline lifestyle, the woman risks losing her husband and perhaps even her children, in a worst case scenario. So it is vitally important that she learns to moderate her cries while she is being punished for misbehavior."

It is the wife's fault if she yells during the abuse? I am surprised the author did not advise to gag her.

I don't even think that practitioners of B&D are this hardcore. This is a manual on physical abuse.

The author of this brutal screed should received some discipline himself, hopefully from a jail cell with others who believe in his same dog-eat-dog philosophy.

Reactions: Latreia
Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mirelys said:
JimfromOhio:
While I (mostly) agree with you concerning BDSM, remember that the OP concerns Domestic Discipline. If you are unfamiliar with it, the OP links to a lot of articles.

Yep.. I am aware of the topic.. while I disagree with majority of the concept of the subject but at the same time, I also believe this is between husband and wife ONLY regardless what we think or feel about it.

Upvote 0

marciebaby

Feb 14, 2005
St Louis, MO
✟16,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and this:
My HOH uses a strap on my butt before and after corner time.
I will get this for not showing respect, being sassy, over spending, not cleaning the house right, late dinner or sleeping too late and having a late breakfast,
or just as to "put me in my place".
I get strapped several times a week, so I am always bruised.
He always whips me in the nude but he takes my clothes off, I don't.
As he is removing my clothing and I am already crying, he talks to me about why I am getting strapped.
I always plead and beg forgiveness to no avail. He then places me over a chair and whips me. I cry through the whole thing......it is very painful.

Upvote 0

marciebaby

Feb 14, 2005
St Louis, MO
✟16,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about this:

I was recently given a hard spanking for having a sassy attitude and mouthing off to my husband. After spanking me to tears, he put me in the corner with my panties pulled down (I had a t-shirt on). He told me that I had to stand there for 30 minutes and think about my bad behavior.

Well, about 20 minutes into my corner time, one of his good friend's happened to stop by. When I heard the knock on the door, I immediately started pulling up my panties. My husband then said, "Did I tell you to pull those panties up? You still have 10 minutes left."

When his friend walked in, I was so embarrassed for him to see me standing there in the corner with my red bottom. His friend just kind of chuckled and said, "So this is how you keep her in line!" My husband said, "Yes, when she acts like a child, she gets treated like one." They both sat down on the couch and proceeded to kick back and drink a couple of beers, while I was standing there feeling so humiliated!

When my husband said that I could pull up my panties and go fix them something to eat, I pulled them up so fast and just raced into the kitchen and immediately put my pants back on.

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JimfromOhio said:
Legalism?

No I mean it doesnt matter if its a sin.... thats besides the point to me. The point is that I think people who are into such things need counseling because they are unbalanced. So... not legalism... because its not about Christianity at all... I hope that makes sense. Its sort of like if I see someone with body dismorphic disorder. No, its not a sin. But are they emotionally well? No. If I see someone with anorexia. Is it a sin? No, it is not a sin. But are they well? No. For this issue.... same thing.

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JimfromOhio said:
All I am saying, its the privacy of a husband and wife that whatever decisions they both enjoy and agree on should be between them and God. Within marriage; one man with one woman. (Mt 19:4-5, 1 Ti 3:2 & 12); We are to lovingly meet the legitimate sexual needs and wants of our spouse. (1 Co 7:3-5); Love for our spouse, and respect for the bodies and minds God created, requires us to avoid anything which can cause serious problems: (Eph 5:29 & 33, 1 Co 6:19): physically, medically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually & relationally. In my belief, anything that does not violate these principles should be okay within the marriage bed. It's important that our sexual activities benefit a couple's sense of intimacy and oneness as a couple. We should never push our spouse to compromise their beliefs. (Ro 14:1 & 14 & 23); We are not to be controlled by anything. (1 Co 6:12 & 10:23). While the Bible may not speak of certain issues, sexual relationship between a married couple has effects on bodies, minds, and emotions (and spirits) that no other sex act can match.

Sexuality is God-given and it is to be enjoyed and used fully as part of a loving relationship - an expression of the love, care and oneness of the couple. Couples must communicate and talk about their innermost fears (and likes & dislikes). Each partner can expect regular sexual activity, as a God-given right. Sexual activity must be mutually agreed upon beforehand with a good heart. A good marital relationship is based upon pleasing each other, being sexuality sensitive and tuned-in to each other’s emotional – as well as – sexual needs.

The bottom line, if one spouse don't like it, then don't do it. Its personal rather than legalism.

If a couple want to practice oral, anal, etc. etc. then I have no problem, but in this particular case I believe it is breeching into the emotionally unwell and so it is not the same as a free sex life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mirelys

Feb 6, 2005
Wyoming
Visit site
✟7,393.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Libertarian
marciebaby, thanks for posting those. I don't think most people read that far.

I'm going to have to stop reading this thread. I literally have no words for how upsetting this subject is, and the idea that there are some in the church who believe it is okay....

I'm going to be sick.

Upvote 0

Upriser

Nov 29, 2005
✟7,649.00
Faith
Christian
only women replied ? (better watch my answer - LOL).
Yep I believe the problem in relationships / marriages today is that women have become too independent and not trusting a man enough to submit to him (as far as I have seen in relationships today : it is usually the man who gives in to please or calm the woman, but eventually he can take no more or she finds him a wimp and they split up).
Also have you noticed that women are attracted to men who are arrogant and treat them badly and force them into submission. I always wondered why women make such bad choices in men and complain afterwards that he treated them badly.... It seems women are often mistaken in identifying this kind of behaviour as the characteristics of a strong male.
In my own marriage I noticed that my wife often resists to submit and like to give me orders (giving friction) but when I take decisions and force her to accept them, she is thankfull for it afterwards.
In short, though women today act and speak as if the can do it on their own, it is often a cry to find the right man to whom they will submit.
I might be a bit out of the ballgame but also sexually I believe a woman like a man to lead her....
Not that I would ever dream of beating my wife into submission... That is a totally different matter.
So should we not teach our daughters the tools to find the right person and to avoid the pitfalls of being attracted to the wrong person + our sons to be stronger without being arrogant and domineering instead of becoming shy men or mammy's boys, as otherwise they will grow up having a lot of problems leading or being submissive to their partner with painfull breakups, divorce or lonelyness.

PS I don't think of myself as a chauvinist but don't like being submissive to a woman and hey, I married a women who is quite a feminist.

Upvote 0

MoodyBlue

Veteran
Jun 14, 2004
Virginia
✟17,934.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upriser said:
only women replied ? (better watch my answer - LOL).
Yep I believe the problem in relationships / marriages today is that women have become too independent and not trusting a man enough to submit to him (as far as I have seen in relationships today : it is usually the man who gives in to please or calm the woman, but eventually he can take no more or she finds him a wimp and they split up).
Also have you noticed that women are attracted to men who are arrogant and treat them badly and force them into submission. I always wondered why women make such bad choices in men and complain afterwards that he treated them badly.... It seems women are often mistaken in identifying this kind of behaviour as the characteristics of a strong male.
In my own marriage I noticed that my wife often resists to submit and like to give me orders (giving friction) but when I take decisions and force her to accept them, she is thankfull for it afterwards.
In short, though women today act and speak as if the can do it on their own, it is often a cry to find the right man to whom they will submit.
I might be a bit out of the ballgame but also sexually I believe a woman like a man to lead her....
Not that I would ever dream of beating my wife into submission... That is a totally different matter.
So should we not teach our daughters the tools to find the right person and to avoid the pitfalls of being attracted to the wrong person + our sons to be stronger without being arrogant and domineering instead of becoming shy men or mammy's boys, as otherwise they will grow up having a lot of problems leading or being submissive to their partner with painfull breakups, divorce or lonelyness.

PS I don't think of myself as a chauvinist but don't like being submissive to a woman and hey, I married a women who is quite a feminist.

I am curious as to whether your feminist wife would agree with your post, especially your remarks concerning women becoming too independent.

Upvote 0

lin1235

Jana's mommy!
Mar 29, 2005
Cape Town, South Africa
✟4,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upriser said:

First of all, the Bible never says men are to force women to accept their decisions. The husband is instructed to LOVE his wife as Christ loved the church - and I have never seen Jesus forcing me to accept anything from Him; He offers in love and if I do not accept, nothing is forced on me. Women are to submit - but this is an instruction given to WOMEN. You cannot force a woman to submit to you, just like a woman cannot force her husband to love her. That will not be true submission or true love.

Also, this instruction relates to marriage, not to life. Wives must submit to their husbands, not to every man they meet. I do not believe an unmarried woman is instructed to submit to anyone except Christ - and so an unmarried woman who is living her own life is not crying out for a man to submit to!

Regarding women preferring men to take the lead sexually, there may be some truth in that, but it doesn't mean women should be forced to accept their husbands' decisions when it comes to sex (which is what you appear to mean when you talk about "leading").

Christ ordered the structure of a husband leading the family and a wife submitting to him because this is the proper way for a marriage - not because women are intrinsically weaker and need men to keep them in line or to make their decisions for them. I thank God for a husband who knows how to lead me in love without forcing me to do anything against my will. If God gave me free will, why should my husband feel he has the power to take it away?

Reactions: Mirelys
Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
ProfessorMom said:
What do you mean?
heh heh Well, I'm usually not this blunt about anything, but I just completely disagree with the entire concept of this thing. Seems way too easy to abuse for one thing. Just a terrible idea in my opinion. We need to move *away* from physical punishment (which leads to abuse all to often) not towards it. I am all for the occasional spanking (not beating!) of a child if the situation calls for it. But for an adult? No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
marciebaby said:
How about this:

I was recently given a hard spanking for having a sassy attitude and mouthing off to my husband. After spanking me to tears, he put me in the corner with my panties pulled down (I had a t-shirt on). He told me that I had to stand there for 30 minutes and think about my bad behavior.

Well, about 20 minutes into my corner time, one of his good friend's happened to stop by. When I heard the knock on the door, I immediately started pulling up my panties. My husband then said, "Did I tell you to pull those panties up? You still have 10 minutes left."

When his friend walked in, I was so embarrassed for him to see me standing there in the corner with my red bottom. His friend just kind of chuckled and said, "So this is how you keep her in line!" My husband said, "Yes, when she acts like a child, she gets treated like one." They both sat down on the couch and proceeded to kick back and drink a couple of beers, while I was standing there feeling so humiliated!

When my husband said that I could pull up my panties and go fix them something to eat, I pulled them up so fast and just raced into the kitchen and immediately put my pants back on.

Not meant to offend, but when I read that-I got a mental picture of a trailer park, and the husband wearing a wife beater holding a heineken:sick:

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
lin1235 said:
First of all, the Bible never says men are to force women to accept their decisions. The husband is instructed to LOVE his wife as Christ loved the church - and I have never seen Jesus forcing me to accept anything from Him; He offers in love and if I do not accept, nothing is forced on me. Women are to submit - but this is an instruction given to WOMEN. You cannot force a woman to submit to you, just like a woman cannot force her husband to love her. That will not be true submission or true love.

Also, this instruction relates to marriage, not to life. Wives must submit to their husbands, not to every man they meet. I do not believe an unmarried woman is instructed to submit to anyone except Christ - and so an unmarried woman who is living her own life is not crying out for a man to submit to!

Regarding women preferring men to take the lead sexually, there may be some truth in that, but it doesn't mean women should be forced to accept their husbands' decisions when it comes to sex (which is what you appear to mean when you talk about "leading").

Christ ordered the structure of a husband leading the family and a wife submitting to him because this is the proper way for a marriage - not because women are intrinsically weaker and need men to keep them in line or to make their decisions for them. I thank God for a husband who knows how to lead me in love without forcing me to do anything against my will. If God gave me free will, why should my husband feel he has the power to take it away?

That is the same concept I have. They key is to submit to each other with love and care without without forcing one to do anything against his/her will. As I said earlier, regardless how personal opinion of one person have regarding the topic or similar topic, this is between husband and wife and God. Most of the posts I am seeing are those who expressed their personal opinion of the issue. We all have to be careful how we think of others because that is God's job. Not ours.

Upvote 0

Mirelys

Feb 6, 2005
Wyoming
Visit site
✟7,393.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Libertarian
JimfromOhio said:
That is the same concept I have. They key is to submit to each other with love and care without without forcing one to do anything against his/her will. As I said earlier, regardless how personal opinion of one person have regarding the topic or similar topic, this is between husband and wife and God. Most of the posts I am seeing are those who expressed their personal opinion of the issue. We all have to be careful how we think of others because that is God's job. Not ours.

Unless it's a crime, then it's our business. Most of the articles on that site advocate techniques that they say are consensual, but upon closer reading are clearly not. In fact there's an awful lot about how to hide bruises, muffle screaming, etc. so that the police aren't called.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not understand how anyone could justify the excerpts that Marciebaby posted. Those things are straight up physical, emotional, and psychological abuse...not to mention sexual abuse/RAPE.

Not many things make my blood boil like this thread has. :mad: And the fact that they talk about a woman not screaming so no one will know?!?!?! Sickening. I don't care how you slice it, there's nothing loving and nothing Godly about this type of 'submissive" relationship.

It's a crime...at best it's called assault and at worst, rape. :mad:

Upvote 0

searle29678

Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend
Dec 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟3,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you have to force someone to do what you want them to do, why are you married to them in the first place? Part of the reason my husband married me is because I made an effort to learn how and when he wanted things done and it made me happy to please him in all ways possible. From knowing that he likes mayo on both sides of the bread on his sandwiches to what he likes in bed. My personal opinion is that a woman who enters into a marriage knowing her husband takes part in this form of 'discipline' or stays in the home with someone like this and doesn't seek help from God and a counselor for both of them must be mentally unstable in some way. I'm not saying retarded or anything but maybe suffering from low self esteem or depression or maybe a misguided view of a Godly marriage.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.