✟2,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sarah_B said:
my church has drums and when they play some songs without them they sound weird since you get used to the drum beat

:amen:

Some of our songs are "rock" songs with guitar solos. Now try playing ROCK without drums. It really is disappointing when the drummer is a no show.

On a brighter note, my daughter is taking up the drums. So far she is a quick learner. Maybe she can be our backup drummer.

Upvote 0

keyz

Mar 7, 2004
✟1,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Drums are great. Unfortunately, our band can only use electric drums because our sanctuary is not big enough for an acoustic set. We had an acoustic set and I was sitting back with the sound person and we were reading 98 sound level with the drums alone. It was crazy, but good! We did get some nice subs so that has really gave the electric drums some thump.

I wanna learn drums so bad. Right now I just play bongos. Anyone can play those though. :)

Upvote 0

Laserman

Feb 15, 2004
Florida
✟342.00
Faith
Christian
Hi,

My church has acoustic drums. They are also behind plexi glass and the drummer wears a headphone set up for monitors. We have a big sanctuary and we rock rather loud. I play lead guitar using an ADA rack system with a tube power amp and a 4-12 cab and I'm blistering loud. They keep telling me to turn it up. We are loud. It's a great playing situation for a guitarist.

Barry :liturgy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, we have drums...an electric kit (I need more drums in my monitor!) and a percussionist playing congas and other assorted hand drums.

Since everyone seems to listing their entire line up: 2-3 guitarists, bass, drums, and hand drums. However this is subject to change without notice...we are the ever changing band!

Upvote 0

gusto5

a.g.e.n.t.:.g.u.s.t.o.5
Sep 27, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
✟8,176.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yamaha Stage Custom Advante, 2 Yamaha Electrics, a Yamaha Grand, Squire @ Fender Bass, Yamaha KeyBoard.

Some other stuff that the churh doesnt have but we use for worship (owned by members)
a whole bunch of accoustics
another bass
another keyboard
banjoo
2 other drumsets (lol...we've never had 2 or more going, but we could!!!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anders

Sep 25, 2004
✟118.00
Faith
Lutheran
I have never heard of any church in the Church of Sweden owning other instruments than the church organ and pianos. The use of anything other than the organ during a normal service would be most odd. There are sometimes musical services, but then there are few prayers and no regular sermons. I wouldn't like the standard Sunday service to be turned into a show.

Upvote 0

NacDan

Theology never comforted anyone in pain.
Oct 1, 2004
Port Neches, Texas
Visit site
✟11,391.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are sometimes musical services, but then there are few prayers and no regular sermons. I wouldn't like the standard Sunday service to be turned into a show.
THAT is the biggest issue that many of us in contemporary Praise & Worship teams face. How to lead people in worship without the service turning into a "show". First and foremost, it is the responsibilty of all members of the worship team to 'model worship'. We are to lead people in worshipping and not to let the congregation simply watch us perform. Our total focus is on raising the congregation's conscience on and towards God.

Upvote 0