Does the EOC view the RCC's eucharist as valid?

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟61,094.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
As I am not in the Roman Catholic communion, I would never partake of the Eucharist.

When in the presence of the Catholic Blessed Sacrament, I will genuflect. This is also to demonstrate love with our Catholic siblings in Christ.

This is my personal position.
I would be surprised if the Orthodox church has not pronounced any statements on this.
I fear allegations of "ecumenist" will be headed my way.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
As I am not in the Roman Catholic communion, I would never partake of the Eucharist.

When in the presence of the Catholic Blessed Sacrament, I will genuflect. This is also to demonstrate love with our Catholic siblings in Christ.

This is my personal position.
I would be surprised if the Orthodox church has not pronounced any statements on this.
I fear allegations of "ecumenist" will be headed my way.

Ecumenist! Get the glue and feathers!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wish neither church "recognized" the other's as valid. I wish they were one and the same.

well, we really don't use the term valid as far as Rome is concerned. we really don't know. it's God's business what He does with those outside the Church

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jckstraw72

Doin' that whole Orthodox thing
Dec 9, 2005
South Canaan, PA
Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
there are various views from various different Orthodox people. You will find plenty of Orthodox people who will say there are no true Sacraments outside the Church, and they aren't necessarily just reactionary zealots.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
there are various views from various different Orthodox people. You will find plenty of Orthodox people who will say there are no true Sacraments outside the Church, and they aren't necessarily just reactionary zealots.

It does seem like an overzealous idea, since the Church was receiving Arians, Macedonians, Apollinarians, and assorted other heretics into the Church by Chrismation, rather than by Baptism, even at the time of the 2nd Ecumenical Council.

Upvote 0

jckstraw72

Doin' that whole Orthodox thing
Dec 9, 2005
South Canaan, PA
Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
It does seem like an overzealous idea, since the Church was receiving Arians, Macedonians, Apollinarians, and assorted other heretics into the Church by Chrismation, rather than by Baptism, even at the time of the 2nd Ecumenical Council.

well, i meant this view does not come solely from foaming-at-the-mouth Fundies, but is also found amongst highly educated people and also holy people within the Church, who know about such history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums