Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We are only sinful when we sin. Ergo a baby, who has never sinned, isn't full of sin. This is also why Jesus can say to suffer the children to come to Him, because to them belongs the Kingdom of Heaven. We are not born into sin, we are not conceived in sin (usually, David when he said this was also caught with Bathsheba=sin) So going back now to 101, the idea of being born into original sin is not found in Scripture, sin from Adam entered the world, not babies, and in this world, all will sin.

..yes when we sin we become personally guilty of that .but before we do .we have in us a sinful nature .. where did that nature come from ? (again no one is saying a baby is a sinner lol .let that go its not the topic ) the sinful nature is passed on by the blood for the blood is the life there of . life is passed to life and if the life is sinful then the sin is passed on with it .
why a virgin ? that is the question i asked the lord and he showed me that it was because the blood of the mother does not pass to the baby in the womb .. they can be fully differing blood types . if Mary was not a virgin it means she slept with a man ,which means he would be born with the sin of Adam in him and hence not pure .. but he was not .. the sin of Adam was not passed to that baby ..(" it is of the Holy Ghost ..'thats what the angel of the Lord told Mary .. of the holy Ghost .,., not of the flesh and that is WHY a virgin.
every one of us has the blood of our father passed on to us from Adam until today -thus every one of us is born tainted by sin having done nothing to earn that taint .
and it is also why the lord Jesus said .. " you must be born again" - but this time of the Spirit , not of the flesh .

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
no body is saying a baby is a sinner .. no one is saying it is sin to conceive a baby ..where on earth are you getting those conclusions from .you seem to be fully missing the point .
Sorry, I thought the topic was original sin. You do know what that is don't you?

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The concept of original sin was first alluded to in the 2nd century by Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyons in his controversy with certain dualistGnostics. Other church fathers such as Augustine also developed the doctrine,[2] seeing it as based on the New Testament teaching of Paul the Apostle (Romans 5:12–21 and1 Corinthians 15:22) and the Old Testament verse of Psalm 51:5.[4][5][6][7][8]Tertullian, Cyprian, Ambrose and Ambrosiaster considered that humanity shares in Adam's sin, transmitted by human generation. Augustine's formulation of original sin was popular among Protestant reformers, such as Martin Luther and John Calvin, who equated original sin with concupiscence, affirming that it persisted even after baptism and completely destroyed freedom.[2] The Jansenist movement, which Catholic Church then declared heretical, also maintained that original sin destroyed freedom of will.[9]

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The concept of original sin was first alluded to in the 2nd century by Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyons in his controversy with certain dualistGnostics. Other church fathers such as Augustine also developed the doctrine,[2] seeing it as based on the New Testament teaching of Paul the Apostle (Romans 5:12–21 and1 Corinthians 15:22) and the Old Testament verse of Psalm 51:5.[4][5][6][7][8]Tertullian, Cyprian, Ambrose and Ambrosiaster considered that humanity shares in Adam's sin, transmitted by human generation. Augustine's formulation of original sin was popular among Protestant reformers, such as Martin Luther and John Calvin, who equated original sin with concupiscence, affirming that it persisted even after baptism and completely destroyed freedom.[2] The Jansenist movement, which Catholic Church then declared heretical, also maintained that original sin destroyed freedom of will.[9]
aah well. i have no knowledge nor interest in hose historic folks.. all i know .is one day after watching an article on the telly where some rc priest spoke of the book of Genesis being an allegory and that he did not believe in the virgin birth ... it got me troubled .So i began to ask the lord what the virgin birth was all about and why was it so important to believe she was a virgin. And everything i have shared is what the Holy Spirit taught me of it as i prayed and read the Bible (No other source )i had not heard any such teachings on the topic .
its all about the blood .. for the blood is the life thereof . the term original sin ..is really just a distraction . its simply . Adam sinned and his seed was then tainted by sin .. and so has every seed since .it is why we have a gravitational type pull toward sinfulness .it is why we needed a savior .one whose blood was not tainted by Adams corrupted flesh seed .. one born of the Spirit and not of the flesh .

but hey im not here to impose it or argue it nor defend it .. i was just sharing what the lord showed me about it all from the scriptures .and -its all about the blood and it is why the blood of lambs bulls and goats was shed.. one life spilled out in atonement for another life . but in the imperfect bulls and goats it was only a temporal fix .in Jesus it was a permanent fix :).. even from the time of the fall ...Gods mercy was displayed his love showed forth ,.. they were naked and ashamed and he covered them he clothed them in animal skin.. those animals did not shed their skin.. their blood was spilled to to provide that covering from shame .. the first blood sacrifices we re done by God on thier behalf .. see the love? , such love is our God :)

(I have some questioned about the seed (egg)of the woman but the questions challenge the Nicene creed -although i never knew they did until recently .so im going to ask them in the unorthodox section )

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
How did sin end up in me? Well...I sinned. You are so correct, Christianity 101. A baby is a gift from God. Sin is transgression of the law. No baby is born having transgressed the law. When does he become a transgressor of the law? Well...and stay with me...when he transgresses the law. All do, but not all are born already guilty of it. Very basic Christianity.
but sin and death still reigned over those before the law. Paul covered the time from Adam to Moses/law.

5:14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
but sin and death still reigned over those before the law. Paul covered the time from Adam to Moses/law.

5:14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

True enough, but they weren't born into it, they didn't listen to God before the law. Their sin wasn't transgression of the law, but it was disobedience to God.

5:13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone's account where there is no law.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True enough, but they weren't born into it, they didn't listen to God before the law. Their sin wasn't transgression of the law, but it was disobedience to God.

5:13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone's account where there is no law.
not so ,sin is charged against all men for the creation declares God, and "thou are without excuse "

we are simply not born without sin. we are not born guilty of doing it .. but it is in us by the blood .and nothing we can do can ever make us righteous enough to attain eternal life .. sin and its sting death ,is in us .. it is why a man must be "born again" born of the Spirit into the life and Resurrection of Christ

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
not so ,sin is charged against all men for the creation declares God, and "thou are without excuse "

we are simply not born without sin. we are not born guilty of doing it .. but it is in us by the blood .and nothing we can do can ever make us righteous enough to attain eternal life .. sin and its sting death ,is in us .. it is why a man must be "born again" born of the Spirit into the life and Resurrection of Christ

But sin is not charged against anyone's account where there is no law.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

They were born into Adam's sin, that is what all die. You're right, they did not sin as Adam 5:14, nor was it the law 5:13, so why did all die? Whose sin did it? It was not the law, or their sin 5:14, yet It says death still reigned.

Because Paul was teaching federal headship. Since grace and life came by Jesus, not us, so the sin and death came by Adam, not us.

Rom 5:13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. 14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
But sin is not charged against anyone's account where there is no law.
True, but Adam did break a command.

And yes, no law, yet they all still died, so we can't blame the law, they did not sin as Adam, breaking a direct command, yet all died, and sadly even 2 year old babies die, because corruption entered the creation.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
True, but Adam did break a command.

And yes, no law, yet they all still died, so we can't blame the law, they did not sin as Adam, breaking a direct command, yet all died, and sadly even 2 year old babies die, because corruption entered the creation.

All die, but a 2 year old is promised that theirs is the kingdom of God. That to me is pretty important.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
All die, but a 2 year old is promised that theirs is the kingdom of God. That to me is pretty important.
welp, in the end, it was the sin of Adam, that death came to all, yes we sinned later as we got older, but since the one word is said alot on Rom 5, the one man, the one act, etc, is why we can't take the blame for the original sin, because we can't take the credit for the justification either. All and all, Rom 5 is a great grace chapter!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the absence of law does not equate to the absence of sin .. the law was presented to prove the sin ,it is why it brought condemnation. it proves us sinners .
but we did not need the written law in order to sin .man violated Gods perfect law by disobedience to what God "spoke" without the presence or knowledge of the written law .
that has not changed .

Upvote 0