ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
baberean2,

1. Yes Christ will come back and save all Israel from their ungodliness when he forgives sins and that is why every jew in the nation will be saved at that time.

2. Zechariah also, say 2/3 will be cut off of the rebels which goes with all the other old testament scriptures of getting rid of the unbelieving jews in that day.

3. So in both accounts shows that all the jews of the nation of Israel will be saved.

4. So you are agreeing and don't even know it. At the same time you can't find a scripture that says any jew of the nation of Israel in that day in the millennial kingdom will not be saved. So please be quiet on this issue and believe the truth that the scripture says and I have just told you.

5. You are taking Romans 11:27 out of context. The new covenant was made at calvary and that is true. But the new covenant was not made with the nation of Israel in the early church because they were in the church age and not the kingdom age. Israel has to be purified to inherit the covenants of Abraham and David, not the church from the church age and they have to be purified according to the new covenant in the tribulation to be eligible into the KOH and the KOH reign.

6. The new covenant started the church age. When the church age ends and the tribulation begins for Israel's purification Daniel 9:24-27 the new covenant will still be in effect and the church age saints will not have to be there as witnesses. Now I know you can understand this even though you don't want to believe it.
If you don't believe this then you might as well make the age of the Mosaic law the same as the church age etc. Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Took away the sins of all races? Took away sins of all races and not the races.
The gospel was propagated by gentiles before the jews but God satisfied the penalty for sin because those races sinned.

8. According to your theory about races nothing has changed because the races of jews and gentiles together are used to propagate the gospel. So the races are still as involved just as much as when there were just gentiles and the time when there were jews.
Your belief is a walking contradiction that is crippled by the truth. Give it up and quit believing a lie of bad, wrong and illogical reasoning.

9. Hebrews 8:12 is in context with verses 7-11 for they have not been fulfilled and Israel is still in sin as a nation.

10. Verse 13 the decaying and vanishing away was in the hearts of the jews because the nation as a whole still had a veil over their face and still wanted the old covenant and did not want to see it pass away and it did fade away in 70 A.D.

1. Even Paul rejected the nation of jews that would not believe.

12. The big argument and confusion of the jewish leaders especially, with the apostles was about the Mosaic law still being in effect versus the new covenant. The leaders will be judged for misleading the nation of Israel on this issue.

13. You are trying to make verse 13 wrongly because you don't understand context.
If you just took it literal that the new covenant was made with Israel at Calvary then there would be no decaying or vanishing away gradually. So you have the wrong context.

14. The nation of Israel will be trampled underfoot by the gentiles till their time comes in.
There will be signs in heaven and people will faint with fear and then they will see the Lord coming in the clouds.

15. Luke 21:24 is the last 3.5 years of the tribulation so you could say that right before Christ comes back when they are no longer trampling the jews and they surround Israel as the exact time for the time of the gentiles be fulfilled and that is fine.

16. At the same time the gentile rule on earth is still in tact when they surround Jerusalem and when Christ destroys them they are no longer trampling, surrounding or in charge because they are destroyed.

17. So once again you make no sense and wrongly divide the word and use wrong hermeneutics and wrong reasoning.
I have rebutted your misunderstandings etc. and you may disagree but you can't rebut it successfully. Jerry kelso
The problem with all of this from all 3 of you is that none of it has applied since Israel became not my people in Acts 28:28, when salvation was taken from Israel and given to the Gentiles exclusively. Jews today are the same as Gentiles, in God's eyes. No one today is grafted into Israel. The rapture was for those saved during Acts. Dispensationally, nothing in Acts or in Paul's 1st 7 books or in any of the books written by the 12 or James apply to anyone living today. Dispensationally, the only books that apply to anyone today are Paul's last 7 books. These books are 100% for us Gentiles. The hope of the calling is totally different in these books (far above all heavens, in the uncreated heavens) than in Acts (the earth or the New Jerusalem, which is in the created heavens). The kingdom was in view during all of Acts, even for the saved Gentiles and Israel will again be in God's favor when Revelation starts. Today, the kingdom calling doesn't exist and God is filling His abode with saints who can see, by faith, the truths only found in Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2 Tim, Titus, and Philemon. You all are stuck in Acts and are therefore blinded to the truths found only in Paul's last 7 books. You all have incomplete Bibles. You all look at these latter books with Acts spectacles, cherry-pick verses, and include them in the Acts doctrine. If you would just leave your Acts baggage behind and read Eph 1-3 carefully, slowly, and prayerfully about 10 times, you might see it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes Christ will come back and save all Israel from their ungodliness when he forgives sins and that is why every jew in the nation will be saved at that time.

Jerry,

What you have written above is in direct conflict with everything in the New Testament.

An entire nation of people is not going to be saved, because of their bloodline.
God is not a respecter of persons.
Romans chapter 11 plainly says that a remnant will be saved, through faith in Christ.
You are ignoring Romans 9:6-8 and Romans 9:24-27as well as everything in Romans 11.

Christ is not going to forgive sin in the future.
He finished that work at Calvary and then sat down at the right hand of the Father in heaven.

Based on the parable of the virgins in Matthew chapter 25 He is not going to save anyone who is not ready before He returns.

What you are saying is "Replacement Theology".
You are saying that the modern State of Israel is going to replace the Church of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 12:11 proves there are those saved by the Grace of the Lamb's Blood in the Book of Revelation.
That would make them members of the New Covenant Church.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Jerry,

What you have written above is in direct conflict with everything in the New Testament.

An entire nation of people is not going to be saved, because of their bloodline.
Romans chapter 11 plainly says that a remnant will be saved, through faith in Christ.
You are ignoring Romans 9:6-8 and Romans 9:24-27as well as everything in Romans 11.

He finished that work at Calvary and then sat down at the right hand of the Father in heaven.

Based on the parable of the virgins in Matthew chapter 25 He is not going to save anyone who is not ready before He returns.

You are saying that the modern State of Israel is going to replace the Church of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 12:11 proves there are those saved by the Grace of the Lamb's Blood in the Book of Revelation.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Actually, they will be saved, the whole nation, as a remnant.

Here's your remnant...
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. Zechariah 13:8

And here's the salvation of that remnant who will also be the entire remains of the nation of Israel. They aren't saved because they are Jews. That's an invalid argument. They are saved because they will all call on His name...
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.” Zechariah 13:9

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, they will be saved, the whole nation, as a remnant.

Here's your remnant...
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. Zechariah 13:8

And here's the salvation of that remnant who will also be the entire remains of the nation of Israel. They aren't saved because they are Jews. That's an invalid argument. They are saved because they will all call on His name...
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.” Zechariah 13:9

If this is not double-talk, what is?

First you say the whole nation will be saved and in the same breath you say a remnant of one third will be saved.

A remnant is not the whole. That is why it is called a remnant.

A piece of a shirt is not a shirt.

Thousands of Jews are now coming to faith in Christ through the Gospel and are being grafted back into the Olive Tree, which is a symbol of the New Covenant Church.

If you really love the Jewish people, support an organization which is now sharing the Gospel with them, instead of waiting on a "Secret Rapture" which is not in the Bible.
Millions of Jews have been lost, because the modern evangelical Church pretends they are still under the Old Covenant.

The idea that modern Jews will come to faith in Christ outside of the New Covenant Church cannot be found in the verses above from Zechariah.
It is just another part of John Darby's story proven wrong by Revelation 12:11.

One cannot be under the Blood of the Lamb and not be under the Grace of the New Covenant Church.

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If this is not double-talk, what is?

First you say the whole nation will be saved and in the same breath you say a remnant of one third will be saved.

A remnant is not the whole. That is why it is called a remnant.

A piece of a shirt is not a shirt.

Thousands of Jews are now coming to faith in Christ through the Gospel and are being grafted back into the Olive Tree, which is a symbol of the New Covenant Church.

If you really love the Jewish people, support an organization which is now sharing the Gospel with them, instead of waiting on a "Secret Rapture" which is not in the Bible.
Millions of Jews have been lost, because the modern evangelical Church pretends they are still under the Old Covenant.

The idea that modern Jews will come to faith in Christ outside of the New Covenant Church cannot be found in the verses above from Zechariah.
It is just another part of John Darby's story proven wrong by Revelation 12:11.

One cannot be under the Blood of the Lamb and not be under the Grace of the New Covenant Church.

I was attempting to break it down in a way you could understand. I see that I failed.

The remnant becomes the whole in this case. Let me go a bit more elementary for you. If I buy 10 apples, and have them in a bag, then those 10 apples constitute the entire contents of that bag. Now suppose my wife and kids come along and take 8 apples out of the bag. I now have a remnant of the apples remaining, and oddly enough, these remaining two apples are now also the entire contents of the whole bag.

You get it yet? The remnant is also now the whole content of the bag.

If you have a nation of 3 people, those 3 people are the whole of the nation. If 2 of those people die, then a remnant of 1 person remains, but that one person is also now the whole of the nation. A remnant and a whole.

This is not an either/or concept. Both exist at the same time.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was attempting to break it down in a way you could understand. I see that I failed.

The remnant becomes the whole in this case. Let me go a bit more elementary for you. If I buy 10 apples, and have them in a bag, then those 10 apples constitute the entire contents of that bag. Now suppose my wife and kids come along and take 8 apples out of the bag. I now have a remnant of the apples remaining, and oddly enough, these remaining two apples are now also the entire contents of the whole bag.

You get it yet? The remnant is also now the whole content of the bag.

If you have a nation of 3 people, those 3 people are the whole of the nation. If 2 of those people die, then a remnant of 1 person remains, but that one person is also now the whole of the nation. A remnant and a whole.

This is not an either/or concept. Both exist at the same time.

I appreciate the math lesson.

I have not taken calculus since college.

However, Dispensational Mathematics requires one who believes the teachings of John Nelson Darby.

I am likely to fail that class...

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate the math lesson.

I have not taken calculus since college.

However, Dispensational Mathematics requires one who believes the teachings of John Nelson Darby.

I am likely to fail that class...

It wasn't a math lesson, it was an explanation of a normal everyday concept. I have no idea what calculus or Darby has to do with any of it.

It's very simple. If there is a nation called 'Acme', and 2/3 of the population dies, what is the name of nation? Still the same.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It wasn't a math lesson, it was an explanation of a normal everyday concept. I have no idea what calculus or Darby has to do with any of it.

It's very simple. If there is a nation called 'Acme', and 2/3 of the population dies, what is the name of nation? Still the same.

I am sure the proponents of John Nelson Darby's doctrine can find 'Acme' somewhere in the Old Testament and apply it to a prophecy to be fulfilled in the future, just like a future 70th week of Daniel.

From the 1599 Geneva Bible, which is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America

Daniel 9:27

And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.
(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.
(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
James Lloyd
http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I am sure the proponents of John Nelson Darby's doctrine can find 'Acme' somewhere in the Old Testament and apply it to a prophecy to be fulfilled in the future, just like a future 70th week of Daniel.

Ok, you obviously gave up trying. I'm beginning to see why you're such a theological train wreck in this subject area.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, you obviously gave up trying. I'm beginning to see why you're such a theological train wreck in this subject area.
I guess the pilgrims, and the authors of the bibles they read, then were also "theological train wrecks", according to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I guess the pilgrims, and the authors of the bibles they read, then were also "theological train wrecks", according to you.

Do you even have any clue what I was talking to him about? His Geneva quote was an attempt to skew the subject. Pay attention!!

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have been called much, much, worse by Dispensationalists on this forum.
You will have to dig a little deeper.

You need to talk to Pastor John Otis about Dispensational Theology.
His train-wreck may be worse than mine on this topic...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The problem with all of this from all 3 of you is that none of it has applied since Israel became not my people in Acts 28:28, when salvation was taken from Israel and given to the Gentiles exclusively. Jews today are the same as Gentiles, in God's eyes. No one today is grafted into Israel. The rapture was for those saved during Acts. Dispensationally, nothing in Acts or in Paul's 1st 7 books or in any of the books written by the 12 or James apply to anyone living today. Dispensationally, the only books that apply to anyone today are Paul's last 7 books. These books are 100% for us Gentiles. The hope of the calling is totally different in these books (far above all heavens, in the uncreated heavens) than in Acts (the earth or the New Jerusalem, which is in the created heavens). The kingdom was in view during all of Acts, even for the saved Gentiles and Israel will again be in God's favor when Revelation starts. Today, the kingdom calling doesn't exist and God is filling His abode with saints who can see, by faith, the truths only found in Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2 Tim, Titus, and Philemon. You all are stuck in Acts and are therefore blinded to the truths found only in Paul's last 7 books. You all have incomplete Bibles. You all look at these latter books with Acts spectacles, cherry-pick verses, and include them in the Acts doctrine. If you would just leave your Acts baggage behind and read Eph 1-3 carefully, slowly, and prayerfully about 10 times, you might see it.

ac28,

No one has said anyone has been grafted into Israel today or ever will be in the millennial kingdom.
The mystery of the jews and gentiles are the same because this is the mystery of the church.
The rapture was not saved for those in Acts and you have no scripture to prove that. They didn't have the total picture of time that the church age would last.
If it was just for the people in the book of Acts it would have left John the Beloved and all those christians out. So you are wrong scripturally and logically.
Dispensationally we are still in the church age and the epistles are for jews and gentiles in the body of Christ. This is separate from the earthly calling of the jewish nation.
You don't have a clue what the KOH and the KOG was about and I am not stuck in the book of Acts.
The KOH calling for Israel is not in place today and that will happen in the time of the tribulation.
You don't understand proper contexts and you are confused.
The hope of the calling is the the blessed hope and the rapture and it didn't happen in the book of Acts and it is not about the New Heaven and the New Earth.
While the epistles are taught to the gentiles there were jews in Paul's congregation and they were for both who are saved in the church age for they are both in the body of Christ. So you are totally confused and need to learn proper context.
I am out of time but I'll be back another time. Read your bible and study a little more with the proper hermeneutics. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jerry,

baberean 2,

I don't have time to get to you but I will be back.
Suffice to say you are still miscontruing what I have said.
Replacement Theology is you because you want the church to fulfill the callings of Israel.
I have never said the modern state of Israel replaces the church of Jesus Christ. They each have specific callings. Israel's earthly calling is to be at the head of the nations. The church age saints and old testament and tribulation saints earthly calling is to be kings, priests and rulers in the kingdom. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean 2,

I don't have time to get to you but I will be back.
Suffice to say you are still miscontruing what I have said.
Replacement Theology is you because you want the church to fulfill the callings of Israel.
I have never said the modern state of Israel replaces the church of Jesus Christ. They each have specific callings. Israel's earthly calling is to be at the head of the nations. The church age saints and old testament and tribulation saints earthly calling is to be kings, priests and rulers in the kingdom. Jerry kelso

Replacement Theology:

The term “Replacement Theology” has come into common use by modern theologians. We will attempt to examine the claims of two different forms of Replacement Theology based solely on what is written in the text of scripture without adding to, taking out, changing, or ignoring anything in the text.

Any conflict produced in the text reveals the problems in any system of interpretation.

The most common use of the term “Replacement Theology” usually makes a claim similar to the following…

“The Gentile Church has replaced Israel in God’s Plan.”

Does this claim match up to scripture? First of all, is the Church as a whole a Gentile Church? On the Day of Pentecost Peter addressed the crowd as “men of Judea”, then as “men of Israel” and in Acts 2:36 he says, “let all the house of Israel know…”. On that day 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant of Christ promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and found fulfilled at Hebrews 8:6-13. We know that during the first few years of the Church it was made up mainly of Israelites. Paul makes it clear in Romans 11:11 that he is an Israelite of the tribe of Benjamin. Even today, the Church continues to be made up of those from both Israelite and Gentile bloodlines. Therefore, this claim falls apart at its beginning, since the Church today is not a Gentile Church.

Roman chapter 11 was written by the Apostle Paul to make it clear that God has not rejected the Israelite people. In Romans 11 we find Gentile branches grafted in among the branches of Israelites who accepted Christ. In this chapter Paul uses the Olive Tree as a symbol of the New Covenant Church of Christ. Those Israelites who rejected Christ were the branches broken off. However, they can be grafted back into the Olive Tree through faith in Christ. This is the Gk. “houto” manner of their salvation found in verse 26. In Romans 11:27 we find a reference to the New Covenant fulfilled at Calvary when Christ paid the sin debt of all races of people. In Hebrews 13:20 we find it is an “everlasting” covenant.

Therefore, this most common example of Replacement Theology does not match up to scripture and must be rejected.

Is there a second form of Replacement Theology which usually makes a claim similar to the following?

“The Church is a parenthesis in God’s plan and the Church Age will end 7 years before the Second Coming of Christ at the Pretrib Rapture of the Church. Then God will go back to dealing with the modern nation of Israel under the Old Covenant system during a future 70th week of Daniel. During this time 144,000 Jewish evangelists will be sent out to the whole world.”

Will the modern nation of Israel will replace the Church in God’s plan of salvation for a period of 7 years? Will modern Jews be saved through the Old Covenant system during this time?

This system of Bible interpretation was brought to America by John Nelson Darby, about the time of the Civil War. A few decades later it was incorporated into the notes of the Scofield Reference Bible and has since spread through much of the American evangelical Church. Many popular evangelical pastors on Television and in the pulpit now promote this system. Why do those promoting this newer system often fail to reveal the source of this fairly recent doctrine? Millions of those sitting in the pews of the modern evangelical Church have no idea that John Darby brought this system of interpretation to our nation less than 200 years ago.

Do the claims of John Darby’s system match the text of scripture?

In order to make this system work a number of claims must be made in order to make the system produce the final result.

Claim: “The Church made up of Jewish and Gentile believers was a “mystery” not revealed in the Old Testament.”

It may have been a mystery to most of those in the Old Testament. However, the Apostle Paul reveals it was not a mystery to Hosea.
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

We also have the New Covenant promised at Jeremiah 31:31-34 and found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13. The Book of Hebrews is mainly about the relationship between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant and the struggle of those who wanted to go back to the Old Covenant. Are there some today who are still trying to go back to the Old Covenant?

The ESV version reveals the following references to the New Covenant in the New Testament.

Luk_22:20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

1Co_11:25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."

2Co_3:6 who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

Heb_8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Heb_12:24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

Was the New Covenant Church revealed in the Old Testament?

Claim: The “Church” is not found after chapter four in the Book of Revelation.

Technically this is a true statement, but is misleading in another respect. The Capital “C” Church, as we use the term today, is not found at all in the Book of Revelation, just as it is not found in several other New Testament books. Individual church bodies in ancient Asia Minor are given in the book.

However, we do find in Revelation 12:11 those under the Blood of the Lamb.

Can a person be under the Blood of the Lamb and not be under the Grace of the New Covenant?

The Greek word “hagios” is translated to “saint” throughout the New Testament. It is mainly used to refer to Christians. Some who say these saints in the Book of Revelation are “tribulation saints” are producing a term not found in the text.

Can the word “saint” refer to Christians in the Book of Revelation?

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Here we find the wife of the Lamb being described as “saints”.

Are members of the “Church” found after chapter four in the Book of Revelation?

Claim: The Church is a parenthesis in God’s plan because most of the nation of Israel rejected their Messiah. Therefore, God had to change His plan.

1Pe 1:20
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Based on the suffering servant in Isaiah chapter 53, was it God’s plan before the foundation of the world to save us through the blood sacrifice of His Son?

Did Christ know he would be rejected and crucified by His own people before it happened?

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Was it already God’s plan as revealed in Genesis 3:15 that He would offer His Son?

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Do we find any indication that God changed His plan because most of the Israelites rejected their Messiah or was it God’s plan from the beginning?

Claim: God will go back to dealing with the nation of Israel after the fullness of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

In Romans 11:25 we have a reference to the fullness of the Gentiles.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Did Christ tell us when this time will be fulfilled?

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Almost all Bible scholars agree that the first part of Luke 21:24 is a reference to the city of Jerusalem being destroyed by the Romans during 70 AD. At the end of the verse we find a period of time that is to occur after the events of 70 AD. Notice what we find in the verses that follow the times of the Gentiles being fulfilled in verse 24.

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

In Luke 21:25-28 we find the Second Coming of Christ.

If we use the words of Christ above to interpret Romans 11:25, do we find a time period of 7 years when God will deal with the modern nation of Israel outside of the New Covenant Church?

Claim: During the tribulation period 144,000 Jews will evangelize the world.

What do we know about the 144,000 found in the book of Revelation.

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

We have 144,000 sealed, with 12,000 from each of 12 tribes.

They are seen in heaven.

Later we see they are virgins not defiled with women.

Is there a description of them being evangelists?

If we try to make them real men from the modern nation of Israel, we run into problems immediately. If you go to the modern State of Israel and ask the Jews living there which tribe of Israel they come from you will find out that most have no idea. Why not? During the diaspora the tribal identities were lost. Also, there was a great deal of intermarriage between those of the various tribes. Therefore, modern Jews do not come from one tribe like the Apostle Paul.

Why are there exactly 12,000 from each tribe? The Book of Revelation is filled with symbols. Are these 12,000 a symbol? If not, why is there exactly 12,000 from each tribe?

Does claiming that these are 144,000 who will evangelize the whole world during the tribulation period go beyond what we find in the text?

They are sealed, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

If they are also firstfruits of the Lamb, are they not Christians?

Claim: “God is going to deal with Israel under the Old Covenant system of law keeping during a future 70th week of Daniel.”

We find the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and we find Christ revealing that He will be the one to fulfill this New Covenant in Matthew 26:28 during the Last Supper. In between these two references to the New Covenant of the Messiah we have Daniel chapter 9. Daniel was reading from the Book of Jeremiah when the angel Gabriel appeared to reveal the 70 weeks prophecy.

We find a summary of Daniel chapter 9 in verse 24.
Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

We find a covenant with the many in the last verse of the chapter.

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

We also have a covenant with the many in Matthew 26:28.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood, which ratifies the New Covenant, my blood shed on behalf of many, so that they may have their sins forgiven. (CJB)

The 1599 Geneva Bible is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America. The following is found at Daniel 9:27.

……………………………….
And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

……………………………………..

Many modern evangelicals have a completely different interpretation of Daniel 9:27 which is used to produce a future 70th week of Daniel after the end of the Church Age. This interpretation produces a future 7 year period where the antichrist will make and then break a treaty with the modern nation of Israel.

What must be done to the text to make this interpretation work?

An antichrist not mentioned in the chapter must be added to the text.

The text says that Christ would be “cut off” after the 69th week, which would be during the 70th week using normal logic. If I offer to paint your house “after” 69 days, it will not be painted until the 70th day or later. However, the modern interpretation ends the 69th week when Christ is “cut off” and ignores any time after the resurrection before He ascended to heaven. It also normally ignores the fact that Christ’s ministry began when He was anointed by His Father from heaven, when His cousin John put Him in the waters of the Jordan River. This would be a logical point to end the 69th week and begin the 70th week of time when the Gospel was taken to the Jews, before it was taken to the Genitles.

The angel Gabriel did not mention a “gap” of time that is almost 2,000 years long at this point in time.

No time is given for the Gospel to be taken to Daniel’s people during the first century during the ministry of Christ or by His Apostles before it was taken to the Gentiles. We know that the Gospel was taken first to the Jews.

Does the modern interpretation used by many replace the New Covenant of Christ in Daniel 9:27 with a treaty broken by the antichrist?

There is no clear text anywhere in the Bible which gives a 7 year period of tribulation. It is most often produced by using the “antichrist interpretation” of Daniel 9:27 and or by adding together two of the references to a 3 ½ year tribulation period found in the Book of Revelation.

The 7th trumpet is the last trumpet found in the Bible.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Here we find that the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and Christ “forever” at the 7th trumpet.

In Revelation 11:18 we find the wrath of God and the time of the judgement of the dead.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

If the judgment of the dead occurs at the time of the last trump it reveals the end of the tribulation period, if we simply accept what is written in the text.

Revelation chapter 12 starts with a history of the Church with the birth and death of the man child, who is Christ. If we take the text at face value without forcing it to fit a manmade system of interpretation, we see that the Book of Revelation is made up of a series of overlapping visions often repeated in the text.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

In the text above we find a history lesson with the fall of Satan and a third of the angels who followed him. Satan attempted to use Herod to destroy the baby Messiah by killing the male babies. We find the “man child” who is to rule with a rod of iron. We find in Psalm 2 that this man-child is God’s Son and that the potter destroys the flawed pots with the rod of iron. At the end of verse 5 we have the man-child in heaven at the throne of God.

There are allusions to the Second Coming at several places in the Book of Revelation.

We have those hiding from the wrath of the Lamb at the end of chapter 6. We have the last trumpet at the end of chapter 11. We have the harvest in chapter 14. We have Christ returning as a thief at Armageddon in Revelation 16:15-16. We also have in Revelation 19:19 a reference to the same event.

It is interesting that some of the same characters found in chapter 6 are found later at the battle of Armageddon.

Rev_6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

Rev_19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Will God end the time of the New Covenant and go back to the Old covenant?

At the moment that Christ died at Calvary the veil in the temple was ripped in half showing that the Old Covenant system was fulfilled by Christ.

If God ripped the temple veil in half, who is going to repair it?

We find in Hebrews 8:13 that the New Covenant has made the Old Covenant “obsolete”. Is God going back to an obsolete system with Moses or Aaron as the mediator instead of Christ?

In Hebrews 13:20 we find that the New Covenant is “everlasting”.
Will it come to an end 7 years before the Second Coming?

If people during the tribulation are under the Sinai covenant, how will they be saved since no person but Christ ever kept the Old covenant?

Does God desire a return to animal sacrifices after the ultimate sacrifice of His Son?

The New Covenant Church is found in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Hosea 2:23 in the Old Testament. It is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13 and many other passages.

Is the New Covenant Church of Christ the ultimate fulfillment of Genesis 3:15 and Genesis 12:3, or will God have to go back to the Old Covenant system?

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Where in the New Testament do we find a clear text stating that the modern nation of Israel will replace the Church in God’s plan of salvation for a period of 7 years? Do we find it in the words of Christ written in red?

Where in the New Testament do we find a clear text stating that God will go back to the Old Covenant system said to be “obsolete” in Hebrews 8:13?

Is God now a respecter of persons? Does he save people based on their bloodline?

If we want modern Jews to be saved, should we do everything is our power to share the Gospel with them, now?

Based on the text of Romans chapter 11 they may be grafted back into the Olive Tree, through faith in Christ.

Does Paul indicate a return to the Old Covenant system in any of his writings?

What is the ultimate fulfillment of God’s plan of salvation found throughout the Bible?

Is it the New Covenant Church of Christ or is it the modern State of Israel created by the United Nations in 1948 ?

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Replacement Theology:

The term “Replacement Theology” has come into common use by modern theologians. We will attempt to examine the claims of two different forms of Replacement Theology based solely on what is written in the text of scripture without adding to, taking out, changing, or ignoring anything in the text.

Any conflict produced in the text reveals the problems in any system of interpretation.

The most common use of the term “Replacement Theology” usually makes a claim similar to the following…

“The Gentile Church has replaced Israel in God’s Plan.”

Does this claim match up to scripture? First of all, is the Church as a whole a Gentile Church? On the Day of Pentecost Peter addressed the crowd as “men of Judea”, then as “men of Israel” and in Acts 2:36 he says, “let all the house of Israel know…”. On that day 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant of Christ promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and found fulfilled at Hebrews 8:6-13. We know that during the first few years of the Church it was made up mainly of Israelites. Paul makes it clear in Romans 11:11 that he is an Israelite of the tribe of Benjamin. Even today, the Church continues to be made up of those from both Israelite and Gentile bloodlines. Therefore, this claim falls apart at its beginning, since the Church today is not a Gentile Church.

Roman chapter 11 was written by the Apostle Paul to make it clear that God has not rejected the Israelite people. In Romans 11 we find Gentile branches grafted in among the branches of Israelites who accepted Christ. In this chapter Paul uses the Olive Tree as a symbol of the New Covenant Church of Christ. Those Israelites who rejected Christ were the branches broken off. However, they can be grafted back into the Olive Tree through faith in Christ. This is the Gk. “houto” manner of their salvation found in verse 26. In Romans 11:27 we find a reference to the New Covenant fulfilled at Calvary when Christ paid the sin debt of all races of people. In Hebrews 13:20 we find it is an “everlasting” covenant.

Therefore, this most common example of Replacement Theology does not match up to scripture and must be rejected.

Is there a second form of Replacement Theology which usually makes a claim similar to the following?

“The Church is a parenthesis in God’s plan and the Church Age will end 7 years before the Second Coming of Christ at the Pretrib Rapture of the Church. Then God will go back to dealing with the modern nation of Israel under the Old Covenant system during a future 70th week of Daniel. During this time 144,000 Jewish evangelists will be sent out to the whole world.”

Will the modern nation of Israel will replace the Church in God’s plan of salvation for a period of 7 years? Will modern Jews be saved through the Old Covenant system during this time?

This system of Bible interpretation was brought to America by John Nelson Darby, about the time of the Civil War. A few decades later it was incorporated into the notes of the Scofield Reference Bible and has since spread through much of the American evangelical Church. Many popular evangelical pastors on Television and in the pulpit now promote this system. Why do those promoting this newer system often fail to reveal the source of this fairly recent doctrine? Millions of those sitting in the pews of the modern evangelical Church have no idea that John Darby brought this system of interpretation to our nation less than 200 years ago.

Do the claims of John Darby’s system match the text of scripture?

In order to make this system work a number of claims must be made in order to make the system produce the final result.

Claim: “The Church made up of Jewish and Gentile believers was a “mystery” not revealed in the Old Testament.”

It may have been a mystery to most of those in the Old Testament. However, the Apostle Paul reveals it was not a mystery to Hosea.
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

We also have the New Covenant promised at Jeremiah 31:31-34 and found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13. The Book of Hebrews is mainly about the relationship between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant and the struggle of those who wanted to go back to the Old Covenant. Are there some today who are still trying to go back to the Old Covenant?

The ESV version reveals the following references to the New Covenant in the New Testament.

Luk_22:20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

1Co_11:25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me."

2Co_3:6 who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 For he finds fault with them when he says: "Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

Heb_8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Heb_12:24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

Was the New Covenant Church revealed in the Old Testament?

Claim: The “Church” is not found after chapter four in the Book of Revelation.

Technically this is a true statement, but is misleading in another respect. The Capital “C” Church, as we use the term today, is not found at all in the Book of Revelation, just as it is not found in several other New Testament books. Individual church bodies in ancient Asia Minor are given in the book.

However, we do find in Revelation 12:11 those under the Blood of the Lamb.

Can a person be under the Blood of the Lamb and not be under the Grace of the New Covenant?

The Greek word “hagios” is translated to “saint” throughout the New Testament. It is mainly used to refer to Christians. Some who say these saints in the Book of Revelation are “tribulation saints” are producing a term not found in the text.

Can the word “saint” refer to Christians in the Book of Revelation?

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Here we find the wife of the Lamb being described as “saints”.

Are members of the “Church” found after chapter four in the Book of Revelation?

Claim: The Church is a parenthesis in God’s plan because most of the nation of Israel rejected their Messiah. Therefore, God had to change His plan.

1Pe 1:20
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Based on the suffering servant in Isaiah chapter 53, was it God’s plan before the foundation of the world to save us through the blood sacrifice of His Son?

Did Christ know he would be rejected and crucified by His own people before it happened?

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Was it already God’s plan as revealed in Genesis 3:15 that He would offer His Son?

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Do we find any indication that God changed His plan because most of the Israelites rejected their Messiah or was it God’s plan from the beginning?

Claim: God will go back to dealing with the nation of Israel after the fullness of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

In Romans 11:25 we have a reference to the fullness of the Gentiles.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Did Christ tell us when this time will be fulfilled?

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Almost all Bible scholars agree that the first part of Luke 21:24 is a reference to the city of Jerusalem being destroyed by the Romans during 70 AD. At the end of the verse we find a period of time that is to occur after the events of 70 AD. Notice what we find in the verses that follow the times of the Gentiles being fulfilled in verse 24.

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

In Luke 21:25-28 we find the Second Coming of Christ.

If we use the words of Christ above to interpret Romans 11:25, do we find a time period of 7 years when God will deal with the modern nation of Israel outside of the New Covenant Church?

Claim: During the tribulation period 144,000 Jews will evangelize the world.

What do we know about the 144,000 found in the book of Revelation.

Rev 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Rev 7:5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

We have 144,000 sealed, with 12,000 from each of 12 tribes.

They are seen in heaven.

Later we see they are virgins not defiled with women.

Is there a description of them being evangelists?

If we try to make them real men from the modern nation of Israel, we run into problems immediately. If you go to the modern State of Israel and ask the Jews living there which tribe of Israel they come from you will find out that most have no idea. Why not? During the diaspora the tribal identities were lost. Also, there was a great deal of intermarriage between those of the various tribes. Therefore, modern Jews do not come from one tribe like the Apostle Paul.

Why are there exactly 12,000 from each tribe? The Book of Revelation is filled with symbols. Are these 12,000 a symbol? If not, why is there exactly 12,000 from each tribe?

Does claiming that these are 144,000 who will evangelize the whole world during the tribulation period go beyond what we find in the text?

They are sealed, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

If they are also firstfruits of the Lamb, are they not Christians?

Claim: “God is going to deal with Israel under the Old Covenant system of law keeping during a future 70th week of Daniel.”

We find the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and we find Christ revealing that He will be the one to fulfill this New Covenant in Matthew 26:28 during the Last Supper. In between these two references to the New Covenant of the Messiah we have Daniel chapter 9. Daniel was reading from the Book of Jeremiah when the angel Gabriel appeared to reveal the 70 weeks prophecy.

We find a summary of Daniel chapter 9 in verse 24.
Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

We find a covenant with the many in the last verse of the chapter.

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

We also have a covenant with the many in Matthew 26:28.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood, which ratifies the New Covenant, my blood shed on behalf of many, so that they may have their sins forgiven. (CJB)

The 1599 Geneva Bible is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America. The following is found at Daniel 9:27.

……………………………….

……………………………………..

Many modern evangelicals have a completely different interpretation of Daniel 9:27 which is used to produce a future 70th week of Daniel after the end of the Church Age. This interpretation produces a future 7 year period where the antichrist will make and then break a treaty with the modern nation of Israel.

What must be done to the text to make this interpretation work?

An antichrist not mentioned in the chapter must be added to the text.

The text says that Christ would be “cut off” after the 69th week, which would be during the 70th week using normal logic. If I offer to paint your house “after” 69 days, it will not be painted until the 70th day or later. However, the modern interpretation ends the 69th week when Christ is “cut off” and ignores any time after the resurrection before He ascended to heaven. It also normally ignores the fact that Christ’s ministry began when He was anointed by His Father from heaven, when His cousin John put Him in the waters of the Jordan River. This would be a logical point to end the 69th week and begin the 70th week of time when the Gospel was taken to the Jews, before it was taken to the Genitles.

The angel Gabriel did not mention a “gap” of time that is almost 2,000 years long at this point in time.

No time is given for the Gospel to be taken to Daniel’s people during the first century during the ministry of Christ or by His Apostles before it was taken to the Gentiles. We know that the Gospel was taken first to the Jews.

Does the modern interpretation used by many replace the New Covenant of Christ in Daniel 9:27 with a treaty broken by the antichrist?

There is no clear text anywhere in the Bible which gives a 7 year period of tribulation. It is most often produced by using the “antichrist interpretation” of Daniel 9:27 and or by adding together two of the references to a 3 ½ year tribulation period found in the Book of Revelation.

The 7th trumpet is the last trumpet found in the Bible.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Here we find that the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and Christ “forever” at the 7th trumpet.

In Revelation 11:18 we find the wrath of God and the time of the judgement of the dead.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

If the judgment of the dead occurs at the time of the last trump it reveals the end of the tribulation period, if we simply accept what is written in the text.

Revelation chapter 12 starts with a history of the Church with the birth and death of the man child, who is Christ. If we take the text at face value without forcing it to fit a manmade system of interpretation, we see that the Book of Revelation is made up of a series of overlapping visions often repeated in the text.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

In the text above we find a history lesson with the fall of Satan and a third of the angels who followed him. Satan attempted to use Herod to destroy the baby Messiah by killing the male babies. We find the “man child” who is to rule with a rod of iron. We find in Psalm 2 that this man-child is God’s Son and that the potter destroys the flawed pots with the rod of iron. At the end of verse 5 we have the man-child in heaven at the throne of God.

There are allusions to the Second Coming at several places in the Book of Revelation.

We have those hiding from the wrath of the Lamb at the end of chapter 6. We have the last trumpet at the end of chapter 11. We have the harvest in chapter 14. We have Christ returning as a thief at Armageddon in Revelation 16:15-16. We also have in Revelation 19:19 a reference to the same event.

It is interesting that some of the same characters found in chapter 6 are found later at the battle of Armageddon.

Rev_6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

Rev_19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Will God end the time of the New Covenant and go back to the Old covenant?

At the moment that Christ died at Calvary the veil in the temple was ripped in half showing that the Old Covenant system was fulfilled by Christ.

If God ripped the temple veil in half, who is going to repair it?

We find in Hebrews 8:13 that the New Covenant has made the Old Covenant “obsolete”. Is God going back to an obsolete system with Moses or Aaron as the mediator instead of Christ?

In Hebrews 13:20 we find that the New Covenant is “everlasting”.
Will it come to an end 7 years before the Second Coming?

If people during the tribulation are under the Sinai covenant, how will they be saved since no person but Christ ever kept the Old covenant?

Does God desire a return to animal sacrifices after the ultimate sacrifice of His Son?

The New Covenant Church is found in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Hosea 2:23 in the Old Testament. It is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13 and many other passages.

Is the New Covenant Church of Christ the ultimate fulfillment of Genesis 3:15 and Genesis 12:3, or will God have to go back to the Old Covenant system?

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Where in the New Testament do we find a clear text stating that the modern nation of Israel will replace the Church in God’s plan of salvation for a period of 7 years? Do we find it in the words of Christ written in red?

Where in the New Testament do we find a clear text stating that God will go back to the Old Covenant system said to be “obsolete” in Hebrews 8:13?

Is God now a respecter of persons? Does he save people based on their bloodline?

If we want modern Jews to be saved, should we do everything is our power to share the Gospel with them, now?

Based on the text of Romans chapter 11 they may be grafted back into the Olive Tree, through faith in Christ.

Does Paul indicate a return to the Old Covenant system in any of his writings?

What is the ultimate fulfillment of God’s plan of salvation found throughout the Bible?

Is it the New Covenant Church of Christ or is it the modern State of Israel created by the United Nations in 1948 ?

baberean2,

1. You love to tell half truths and not the whole truth and you love to falsify.
The fact is you are not being honest to the word of God.

2. Genesis 12-15 state the promises only to Israel concerning the specific land region which is in connection with being at the head of the nations Isaiah 2:2-4 in the KOH which is promised only to the nation of Israel 2 Samuel 7 talks about the Davidic Kingdom that would be in his name and would be established with his lineage and would be a covenant forever and how that God would chasten for sin but would not take away his mercy or his kingdom like he did from Saul. In case you haven't noticed the KOH reign is still not here so anyone who believes that the physical Davidic kingdom is here don't understand the covenants. And anyone who believes it is just spiritual because they are chastened for sin and have to come back into covenant to inherit the kingdom.

3. The church age today is still jew and gentile like the mystery of the church when Calvary happened but was not manifested for the jews and gentiles to understand till 8-10 years later after the Day of Pentecost and through Paul and his teaching of the mystery of the church of jew and gentile in one body and of which all the apostles had it revealed to them through the Spirit.

4. Israel in the old testament were the nation with the covenants and this was true and they proselyted gentiles into Judaism but this doesn't mean there were no gentiles saved without going through a jew. The gentiles were still under the law of conscience and God will judge them through that system and they could be saved otherwise how could gentiles have been saved without all the knowledge of the Savior. There are people today that have never heard a preacher but the Spirit can convey to them their need for a Savior.

5. Therefore, the doctrine you teach that the church age saints have to be in the tribulation for people to be saved under the new covenant of which you parallel the same with Israel's program of proselyting is not biblical.
Some people will know about God in the tribulation because they had prior knowledge of salvation and were not saved by the time of the rapture.

6. Replacement Theology is when one take the church age saints and puts them into the physical nation of Israel in the Kingdom Age as head of the nations. This is not biblical and no scripture for it.

7. Replacement Theology is also about those who use terms like spiritual jews to represent the physical nation of Israel in the Kingdom Age at the head of the nations.

8. The olive tree and wild olive tree is about being blessed from the witness of the saved. Gentiles had no covenants in the old testament and were blessed to come to know the Lord through Israel. The unbelieving jews are blessed by the church age saints whether jew or gentiles because of hearing the gospel from the church age saints.

9. None of these things discards the position of authority for the physical nation of Israel or the church age saints of their physical positions in the kingdom.

10. For those who believe that the Lord will be the only ruler at the head of the nations from Jerusalem are ignorant of the scriptures and what the Davidic Kingdom is all about. Christ will be the head ruler over all the earth and at the head of the nations but this doesn't discard the jews position at the head of the nations.

11. Your whole argument is about the jew and gentile in one body so there is no need to have the jewish nation as the head of the nations for this would elevate them above the church.

12. The truth is that those saints in the nation of Israel are saved the same way the church age saints are and that is through the new covenant and therefore they are one in the body of Christ spiritually. This is no way shape or form elevates one over the other and it cannot disannul the truth of the covenants of who was promised what.

13. Israel was promised to be head of the nations through the Davidic Covenant because they were the one who brought the Messiah to fruition in their line and they were the people with a physical government that God gave to rule over the people.

14. The church age saints are also, Kings, Priests and Rulers in the kingdom to come.
You want to give the perception of thought that that wouldn't be fair and more fair to you would be the church at the head of the nations. The only reason you cop out and say Jesus is the only one at the head of the nations is because you know there is no scripture that says the church will be at the head of the nations and if you make the church be physical Israel you would be guilty of replacement theology.
Both Israel and the church age and tribulation saints shall judge and rule over the nations but in different capacities.

15. As far as 1948 there are scriptures that are used to show that it is scriptural. Ezekiel 37, I believe is one to show regathering of Israel for Ezekiel prophesied and those dry bones came alive and stood upon their feet but it is not until the Spirit of God breathes life in them that they will follow the Lord.

16. Either way in the tribulation the temple will be built and there will be a false gathering looking for the Messiah in the middle of the tribulation. Israel is chased into the wilderness and preserved for 3.5 years and the remnant is scattered. Jerusalem will be on the brink of disaster and restored at the end of the tribulation. If 1948 would not have happened then Israel may have never come back at all. Either way they have to be a nation sometime in order to flee into the wilderness and the remnant be spared and become a nation born in one day at the second coming.

17. So you are once being unfair in exegesis in the form of your questions all to save your false doctrine. If that is what you want to believe go ahead but that doesn't dismiss the fact that you are posting dishonestly in most every category. And just because you may say a few things that are true you continue to leave the full context out and that is just downright disgraceful in common sense logic. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jerry, the formation of the nation of Israel in 1948 happened on the basis of lies, deceit and blackmail. Those same lies continue to support that nation to this day. And you think the almighty was involved in that? Is that how the Lord is glorified?

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0