1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Does it say in the Bible that you won't be able to tell season from season?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by maximo1, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximo1

maximo1 New Member

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Does it say that you won't be able to tell season from season in the end times. It seems that this is accepted by most and talked about but I can't find it and neither can any of my friends. I know the Bible mentions earthquakes, floods, famines and other things of that nature. But, what about the commonly talked about/preached about statement that you won't be able to tell season from season.

The weather is pretty crazy right now so a lot of people are throwing this "verse" around. If it's in the bible, some body please give me the verse.

2. Dad Ernie

Dad Ernie New Member

Faith:
    Protestant
    Greetings Maximo1,

If not "winter" then what season:

Matthew 24:20-21 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

3. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    So I guess the answer to the OP's question is no?

4. Bachan

Bachan New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    specifically about end times - remember also "wars and rumors of wars" and "no man knows the hour". The 60s-70s w/ Vietnam was big on end times (from what I hear) as well as numerous other 'times' between Christ's assension and today.

5. maximo1

maximo1 New Member

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    For some reason, I really thought this was stated clearly in the Bible and apparently a lot of other people do as well. When I was asked this question, I automatically said yeah it's in there, probably in matthew 24 or Luke 21. He said, "nope, i've already looked." Well, I looked and it wasn't there either. Then I thought maybe it's in one of the minor prophets or Daniel.

Do any of you actually believe this is part of the end times: The temperature being random and it finally getting to the point that you can't tell season from season.

6. nephilimiyr

nephilimiyr I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Do I believe that? Yes. I believe we will see a nuclear war and it will result in a nuclear winter of some sort. The question is will that nuclear war (Gog/Magog) result in people not being able to discern the seasons? I would have to say yes.

7. maximo1

maximo1 New Member

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    That's very possible in this day and age. But, other than something caused by war, do you believe that stuff like it not getting very cold in the winter is apart of the end times. This might sound crazy to some of you. The reason I'm wondering is that I've read on different websites and saw videos about the end times and weather patterns come up a lot. By saying weather patterns, I'm not talking about flooding, earthquakes or any other natural disaster. I'm talking about temperature. But, scripture isn't quoted; it's simply stated.

8. Dark_Lite

Dark_Lite Chewbacha

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Oh noes!

The heat wave!

Don't listen to any moder day "prophecies" regarding the end times. You'll know when they're here.

9. mrcrow

mrcrow New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    everything in its due season..ie the time when things are right..ripe..
    the exact meaning of seasons is not just summer winter etc..imho
    but the weather patterns are changing from what we re USED to..
    in israel 2000 years ago there were forests where there is desert today
    take it spiritually...and get ready..fellowship more as the time approaches..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.