Not open for further replies.

rural_preacher

Oct 4, 2004
✟1,555.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe God's plan is absolutely comprehensive. No one is outside of His sovereign reign whether they know it or not...whether they admit it or not...whether they submit to it or not.

Proverbs 16:4, The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.
God sets up and uses the government for His purpose...even evil governments. Romans 13 tells us to be submissive and obedient to the gov't. This was said during the time of the pagan Roman gov't.

In the OT, God used wicked, pagan nations to bring judgment on Israel by invading them and taking them captive. Those pagan people did not know they were being used by God, they thought they were acting on their own desires and impulses.

I believe that is just as true today. All of us, believers and unbelievers, go about living our lives according to our own decisions and desires, but God is in control of the Plan and Purpose. He will accomplish His sovereign will through it all whether we bow down or not.

Proverbs 16:1,2, The preparations of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the LORD. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the spirits.
Proverbs 16:33, The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision is from the LORD.
Also, read Psalm 139. This is an excellent Psalm regarding the absolute Sovereignty of our Great and Wonderful God!

I am not saying that God causes all, I am saying He uses all in the accomplishment of His plan. God is not the author of evil; therefore, we cannot assign causation to Him in regard to sin. But He allows such and uses it to work all things together according to His Plan.

This is true in a very specific way for believers as seen in Romans 8:28...

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
For His children all things work together for good (not all things are good, but all things work together for good). That's not true for the unbeliever...all things will work together, but not for their good (Prov. 16:4). But all things will always work together for His glory in the end.

--

Reactions: Tenorvoice
Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Great question! God can use even a donkey as a witness.
Zec 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Mt 21:2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.
Mt 21:3
And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them.

Any man is clear to me. God will make the lost give up the donkey, just as He will make the saved.

Reactions: CFoster
Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Everywhere throughout the Bible we see example after example of the Lord using non believing nations, governments and people to His purpose. So, yes I believe He does use even the lost and ungodly for His purpose.

IE: Isreal's slavery in Egypt, banishement in Babylon, the ammonites etc.

Hope this answers...

Upvote 0

C.I. Scofield

Nov 13, 2004
Lincoln Park, Michigan
✟290.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
daveleau said:
To what extent do you believe that God works through non-believers to fulfill His plan for the world?

God bless,
Dave

Sure he does! Everytime I do something that isn't "Christ-like" My Dad likes to remind me that I am a Christian. ^_^ :D :) :p

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
daveleau said:
To what extent do you believe that God works through non-believers to fulfill His plan for the world?

God bless,
Dave
Good Day, Daveleau

Yes, God uses all of his creation to bring his plan and purposes to pass.

Peace to u,

Bill

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.