Does God want myself and atheists to believe he exists?

Does God want myself and atheists to believe he exists?

• No

• Yes

• He doesn't care

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If God does exist, why would he set in motion precisely everything necessary for myself and the atheists of this world to believe he doesn't exist?

Choice.

If There was undeniable proof for everyone that God, Heaven and everything else was as the bible described. What "choice" would you have?

If there is no choice then what is the point of this life?

We have been given this life in order to choose where we wish to spend eternity. This is not an intellectual decision. It is a matter of the Heart.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suggest you to read Romans chapters 10 and 11. Please invest some effort to read the whole passage and understand the proper context of salvation through Christ.

God's wisdom is magnificent. Faith given to those who choose to trust. It's so perfect. Happy New Year Cieza :wave:

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Choice.

If There was undeniable proof for everyone that God, Heaven and everything else was as the bible described. What "choice" would you have?

If there is no choice then what is the point of this life?

We have been given this life in order to choose where we wish to spend eternity. This is not an intellectual decision. It is a matter of the Heart.
Where we spend eternity and whether or not a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exist seem to be two totally unrelated things.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,959.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If God does exist, why would he set in motion precisely everything necessary for myself and the atheists of this world to believe he doesn't exist?

I guess it's all in how you look at it. When I see creation, and when I know all He (God) has done in my life to help me through the good and the bad, I know He exists.

Upvote 0

Zbigge1031

Nov 21, 2011
Texas
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Because of sin, it was inevitable that someone would choose not to believe. As others on this site have been telling you, free will is meaningless if God does everything to make you believe. Even He can't force you into freely choosing Him. You place too much emphasis on the existence of God and not enough on what actually matters, which is following Him. In the same way, if someone acknowledges the existence of God, but they don't follow Him, then knowing about Him is truely pointless. Satan knew that God existed, and has even been in His presence, yet he still rebelled.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Because of sin, it was inevitable that someone would choose not to believe. As others on this site have been telling you, free will is meaningless if God does everything to make you believe. Even He can't force you into freely choosing Him. You place too much emphasis on the existence of God and not enough on what actually matters, which is following Him. In the same way, if someone acknowledges the existence of God, but they don't follow Him, then knowing about Him is truely pointless. Satan knew that God existed, and has even been in His presence, yet he still rebelled.
I thought God could do anything, which would mean he can force a human to freely choose to believe God exists.

In what way is believing whether or not God exists different from "following God"?

How did Satan know with 100% certainty that God existed?
Was Satan human?
When was Satan born and when did he die?

Upvote 0

DCJazz

Doctor Coffee
Dec 15, 2010
Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I put other because a simple 'yes' doesn't quite cover it.

Yes, he wants you to believe he exists, but that's not far enough. He wants you to place your faith and trust in Jesus Christ, the savior. The one who died for your sins on the cross.

However, he wants you to choose to do this. He won't force you to be with Him for all eternity if you don't want to be.

By the way, if the answers to some of these posts are any indication, then I'm afraid you've hardened your heart a great deal. I pray some day you'll be more receptive to Christ, but in the meantime I seem to be wasting my time, as this will only lead to a bout of circular logic and reasoning on your part.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

Upvote 0

Zbigge1031

Nov 21, 2011
Texas
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought God could do anything, which would mean he can force a human to freely choose to believe God exists.

God can do anything logically possible. He cannot create a logical contradiction, such as a married bachelor. He cannot force a person to freely choose anything, as then it would no longer be freely choosing it.

In what way is believing whether or not God exists different from "following God"?

As I've established in other threads of yours, a person can believe God exists and still not follow Him. Following God means loving and obeying Him, not just acknowledging that He's there.

How did Satan know with 100% certainty that God existed?
Was Satan human?
When was Satan born and when did he die?

Satan was not a human. He was an angel, who had been in the very presence of God numerous times. Even now, He does not deny that God exists. He merely convinces others to. He was never "born", but rather came into existence fully formed. He has not yet died, and if there is a hell, then he never shall. He shall be tortured for eternity.

Upvote 0

leftrightleftrightleft

Jul 14, 2009
Canada
✟22,986.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

That's a logical contradiction.

There have been a few philosophers through the ages (Rousseau jumps to mind) that saw the value in following God as if he exists despite having doubts about whether his existence is a reality.

In my opinion this is kind of what faith is anyway. Faith is trusting to follow God even without the hard evidence or proof of his objective existence. There is value in doing this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I cannot say what God's intention is of those who are still living. For those who died without ever knowing God, God did not choose to save them. But for those who are still alive, no one knows the mind of God. You may still be saved yet, but if it happens, it will be because God wanted it to happen.

As for the "why," my answer is the same. No one knows the mind of God.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I cannot say what God's intention is of those who are still living. For those who died without ever knowing God, God did not choose to save them. But for those who are still alive, no one knows the mind of God. You may still be saved yet, but if it happens, it will be because God wanted it to happen.

As for the "why," my answer is the same. No one knows the mind of God.
It doesn't follow that a loving God would not "save" those with good morals & values who don't believe an omniscient & omnipotent being exists while "saving" those with good morals & values who do believe an omniscient & omnipotent being exists.

Why should whether or not we're saved be based on what we believe about the supernatural world and/or or what we believe about what lies in the non-observable world?

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,959.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It doesn't follow that a loving God would not "save" those with good morals & values who don't believe an omniscient & omnipotent being exists while "saving" those with good morals & values who do believe an omniscient & omnipotent being exists.

Why should whether or not we're saved be based on what we believe about the supernatural world and/or or what we believe about what lies in the non-observable world?

Not all Christians believe the same. I believe that we all have a choice to accept the gift of salvation. I think everyone deep down in their heart believes there is a God. (no offence intended to you). It is not God's fault if a person is not saved, He wants all to be saved. The most important is that the Lord wants us to be saved from our sins, no matter how little or big they appear to be. He wants us to have fellowship with Him here on earth. The Lord will not force us, we are not puppets.

I could post verses from the Bible but will not unless asked.

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God does not love everyone. That's one of the cute assumptions in modern Christianity. God loves His children. God's children are the ones He has chosen.

No one is good. Or do you hold that head-in-the-clouds concept that we deserve God? None of us deserve to be saved, it is an act of mercy that God chooses any of us.

And it's not simple belief that saves us. Many people believe that God exists, but they will go to Hell all the same. Our faith is not just knowledge, it is the fuel for discipleship. Jesus died and rose again so that those who live in faith by His example can rise in the end, just as He did. Those of us who do know God, and God knows us. The ones God does not know will not be invited in.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
It is not God's fault if a person is not saved, He wants all to be saved. The most important is that the Lord wants us to be saved from our sins, no matter how little or big they appear to be.
If God wants us to all be saved, then why doesn't he save us all?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He saves everyone who turns to Him for forgivness and reconciliation, through the salvation Jesus provided on our behalf.

The problem isn't on His end. He's done all He needs to do to save us, but what you're asking is why doesn't He force us out of our sin we love so much and drag us kicking and screaming into His presence forever.

If people won't go to Him willingly after all He's done for them, how much less would they anjoy being forced onto Him.

A more proper question would be, "If God wants us all saved, and did all the work to reconcile man to Him, then offers salvation freely to all who desire it, then why don't all men go turn to Him and be saved?"

If a man went to a bakery and told the owner, "If you really wanted everyone in the city to buy and eat your pastries, then why don't you deliver them to everyone each day and force them into their mouths, and command them to swallow, then take a buck out of their pocket?"

And the baker responds, "I spend many years training to bake my pastries as I do. I bought the building, the equipment, and the ingredients. I hired many people to work long hours preparing the pastries for the people and selling them. Then I spent a great deal of money on marketing and advertising to let people know I'm here and what I provide. All they need to do is come, walk in the door, ask, eat, and enjoy. That's it! I've done all I need to do, and whosoever will, comes and eats of my pastries."

Who is the unreasonable one, the man or the baker?

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where we spend eternity and whether or not a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exist seem to be two totally unrelated things.

Not if you can summon the faith the size of a mustard seed.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,523.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We all have “faith” in the form of “trust” for someone or something. We actually put a lot of “trust” in self and are disappointed.

The reason mature adults need to have “faith” in a Benevolent Creator over a disappointing “faith” in self, is because trusting in a benevolent Creator is a humbling act. Even the lowliest mature adult on earth can trust in a Benevolent Creator and that person might be even more likely than a rich educated self reliant person. That little humility is enough needed to humbly accept help (pure charity) from the Creator.

Upvote 0

Bear.Fr00t

Fruit Inspector
May 5, 2010
✟16,022.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

If you use God's measuring stick then you quickly find there is noone that has "good morals"

No one is entitled to be saved. Everyone is deserving of justice. But because of God's mercy he will forgive (i.e. save) those who seek Him, trust in His finished work, and repent of their evil works. Those who are stiff necked and prideful and see no need of salvation, will not be saved.

Your questions are better answered by the Bible. Are you reading the Bible? Reading the Bible will open your mind more than asking questions on these forums :)

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
He saves everyone who turns to Him for forgivness and reconciliation, through the salvation Jesus provided on our behalf.
Does "turns to Him for forgiveness" equate to believing that a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exists? If not, then what exactly does it mean?

The problem isn't on His end. He's done all He needs to do to save us, but what you're asking is why doesn't He force us out of our sin we love so much and drag us kicking and screaming into His presence forever.
That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking for God (if he exists) to show me that he exists. If he knows everything, then he knows precisely what I need to observe.

If people won't go to Him willingly after all He's done for them, how much less would they anjoy being forced onto Him.
Sounds like you're talking about people who are forced to follow the Christian church, such as small children who get indoctrinated with beliefs by their parents.

A more proper question would be, "If God wants us all saved, and did all the work to reconcile man to Him, then offers salvation freely to all who desire it, then why don't all men go turn to Him and be saved?"
I think there is confusion in the secular world as to what "being saved" and "God" actually mean. If atheists and other non-believers had a better sense of what all the Christian lingo really means, I'd bet anything they would be more receptive.

If a man went to a bakery and told the owner, "If you really wanted everyone in the city to buy and eat your pastries, then why don't you deliver them to everyone each day and force them into their mouths, and command them to swallow, then take a buck out of their pocket?"

And the baker responds, "I spend many years training to bake my pastries as I do. I bought the building, the equipment, and the ingredients. I hired many people to work long hours preparing the pastries for the people and selling them. Then I spent a great deal of money on marketing and advertising to let people know I'm here and what I provide. All they need to do is come, walk in the door, ask, eat, and enjoy. That's it! I've done all I need to do, and whosoever will, comes and eats of my pastries."

Who is the unreasonable one, the man or the baker?
Poor analogy, as Christians claim God can do anything, but you have stated the baker is a human, which suggests he cannot do anything. Big difference.

Upvote 0