Does God want atheists and other non-believers to believe he exists?

• Always - 100% of the time or 100% of the non-believers

• Never - 0% of the time or 0% of the non-believers

• Mostly not - about 25% of the time or 25% of the non-believers

• Half the time - about 50% of the time or 50% of the non-believers

• Most of the time he does - about 75% of the time or 75% of the non-believers

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deaver

A follower of Christ
May 25, 2011
Colorado, USA
Visit site
✟15,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've heard different opinions about this from different Christians. So I thought I'd start a poll.

In answer to your OP, the following from The Pensees, should be sufficient. “It is, then, true that everything teaches man his condition, but he must understand this well. For it is not true that all reveals God, and it is not true that all conceals God. But it is at the same time true that He hides Himself from those who tempt Him, and that He reveals Himself to those who seek Him, because men are both unworthy and capable of God; unworthy by their corruption, capable by their original nature.”

In my words, God exists, individuals must choose to believe that or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OP - I answered your questions in my previous posts in your Ask God a question thread, which are here and here. Apparently, you chose not to respond to either one of those posts. I hope you will respond to this one, and to the other two I linked here. I look forward to your response.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
In answer to your OP, the following from The Pensees, should be sufficient. “It is, then, true that everything teaches man his condition, but he must understand this well. For it is not true that all reveals God, and it is not true that all conceals God. But it is at the same time true that He hides Himself from those who tempt Him, and that He reveals Himself to those who seek Him, because men are both unworthy and capable of God; unworthy by their corruption, capable by their original nature.”

In my words, God exists, individuals must choose to believe that or not.
I have a difficult time extracting a "yes", "no" or a "sometimes" from your response. So tell me with a "Yes" a "No" or a "sometimes" if God want atheists and other non-believers to believe he exists.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
OP - I answered your questions in my previous posts in your Ask God a question thread, which are here and here. Apparently, you chose not to respond to either one of those posts. I hope you will respond to this one, and to the other two I linked here. I look forward to your response.
I will take a closer look and respond at length to each of those posts when I have more time. But at quick glance, I have a difficult time extracting a "yes", "no" or a "sometimes" from your response. So tell me with a "Yes" a "No" or a "sometimes" if God want atheists and other non-believers to believe he exists. All it takes is to type one word.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, God wants you to believe in Him.

2Pe 3:9 NASB The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

But as you well know from your previous thread, He is not willing to be your own personal genie, jumping through hoops for your pleasure like some lapdog.

He is God, and He has done everything necessary for you to believe.

Upvote 0

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will take a closer look and respond at length to each of those posts when I have more time. But at quick glance, I have a difficult time extracting a "yes", "no" or a "sometimes" from your response. So tell me with a "Yes" a "No" or a "sometimes" if God want atheists and other non-believers to believe he exists. All it takes is to type one word.

Yes, He wants you to believe in Him. As I said in my posts I linked, He has given suffice evidence for His existence through creation, through His Word, and through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, God wants you to believe in Him.

2Pe 3:9 NASB The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

But as you well know from your previous thread, He is not willing to be your own personal genie, jumping through hoops for your pleasure like some lapdog.

He is God, and He has done everything necessary for you to believe.
So you're saying God wants me to believe he exists, but he's not willing to do what it would take. Why would he not be willing to do what it would take for me to believe he exists?

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, He wants you to believe in Him. As I said in my posts I linked, He has given suffice evidence for His existence through creation, through His Word, and through His Son, Jesus Christ.
If God wants me to believe he exists, then why isn't he willing to tell me what number from 1 to 1 million I'm thinking of? Especially when revealing that he knows the number is all it would take to get me to believe he exists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If God wants me to believe he exists, then why isn't he willing to tell me what number from 1 to 1 million I'm thinking of? Especially when revealing that he knows the number is all it would take to get me to believe he exists.

And why should He do that? God only gives grace to the humble and He resists the proud (James 4:6). Proverbs 3:34 "He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and oppressed." You cannot insist or demand of God to 'prove' Himself to you. Psalms 10:4 "In his pride the wicked man does not seek Him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God." Proverbs 16:18-19 "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Better to be lowly in spirit along with the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud." God simply will not answer such a proud, arrogant, and self-righteous demand. Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him" (emphasis added). You do not have faith in God nor do you believe that He exists. If you are not earnestly seeking Him, He will not answer you. If you are not humble in heart before Him, He will not answer you. If you insist and demand Him to 'prove' Himself to you, He will not answer you.

There is absolutely no humility in demanding God to answer your questions so you will have a reason to believe in Him. He has already given us sufficient evidence for His existence. Romans 1:18-20 "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse"(emphasis added). Those who choose not to believe in Him are still without excuse when they stand before Him in judgment (Hebrews 9:27). You are without excuse for not believing in God when you stand before Him in judgment. In fact, you have been told all of this (and more), time and time again, in this thread and in your other threads. Therefore, you know the truth now. However, it seems to me that you are choosing to suppress the truth that has already been revealed to you. Again, Romans 1:18-20 "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse"(emphasis added). You are without excuse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0