✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to judge anyone.

Is it ok with God if I choose not to judge?
It depends on what you mean by "judge".
First off, i think we should judge people's fruits and ideas, not the person itself.
But in that case judgement means assessment, not a verdict.
The verdict is God's job.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It depends on what you mean by "judge".
First off, i think we should judge people's fruits and ideas, not the person itself.
But in that case judgement means assessment, not a verdict.
The verdict is God's job.

Assessment for what? What if I don't want to assess someone?

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to judge anyone.

Is it ok with God if I choose not to judge?

I think these are good scriptures about judging:

"Thus has Yahweh of Hosts spoken, saying, 'Execute true judgment, and show kindness and compassion every man to his brother.
Zechariah 7:9
I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brothers, and judge righteously between a man and his brother, and the foreigner who is living with him. You shall not show partiality in judgment; you shall hear the small and the great alike; you shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, you shall bring to me, and I will hear it.
Deuteronomy 1:16-17
"You shall not spread a false report. Don't join your hand with the wicked to be a malicious witness. You shall not follow a crowd to do evil; neither shall you testify in court to side with a multitude to pervert justice; neither shall you favor a poor man in his cause.
Exodus 23:1-3
At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he who is to die be put to death; at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
Deuteronomy 17:6

Especially good is to notice, God charged some people to be judges. Not all are charged to judges. And during the time Jesus was on earth, Bible indicates that even the high priests didn’t have right to judge anyone to death.

Pilate therefore said to them, "Take him yourselves, and judge him according to your law." Therefore the Jews said to him, "It is not lawful for us to put anyone to death,"
John 18:31

But if one thinks he has right to judge, I think it is good to notice this:

…For with whatever judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you."

Mat. 7:1-2

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Part of being human is evaluating things and trying to understand them and formulate a response if that applies. In the following verse, the phrase "judgements about all things" refers to evaluating/understanding spiritual matters.

The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment: (bold mine, 1 Corinthians 2:15, 1984 NIV)

The kind of judging that is a sin comes from a person who is being judgmental. It is when a person sees himself or his opinion as superior to others' (usually done with an overly critical attitude). It is a form of idolatry—the person is thinking/acting like he is God.

Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. (Romans 14:4, 1984 NIV)

Only God knows enough to judge someone properly. Paul basically says he doesn't even judge himself because of that (1 Corinthians 4:3-4).

Upvote 0