Does God really expect Christians to live in loveless marriages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I appreciate your help but the other person has to 'want' the marriage to succeed. There has to be a tiny bit of 'want' in it. If the other person is 100% dead against the marriage going forward then there is not much hope.

As i said before, our marriage has been sliding downhill for 10 years!!

This could very well be Gods will. I dont know? I keep asking him!

All that you say is well said and full of knowledge etc but it takes 2 in a marriage to make things work. However hard one tries, be it with or without God, it still takes 2.

With God is the only way i know. I love God and have betrayed him massively as have i to my wife. This is my cross to bear. I have been very foolish. But, this was just the icing on the cake! Things aint been good for years.

I am not saying that i am giving in. It may come across like that but i am trying but nothing is working.
What I would like you to take from all I have said if I could leave you with only one thing, is this....In the power of God, it only takes one to begin the healing process. One to make the marriage Godly...remember I Corinthians 7:14? For the unbelieving husband is set apart for God by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is set apart for God by the husband. Otherwise your children would be corrupt, but now they are set apart for God.

You have the power to set your marriage apart for God to use, the question is, will you take that opportunity to do so?! None of us can predict the future, not even you when it comes to your marriage. You feel guilt, hopeless, etc., but God promises to you that if you are the man He has called you to be, your wife and your marriage, are set apart for His glory and there is no better way to bring glory to God through a marriage than to see the righteous fruit that it can and is suppose to produce.

May you find peace in the midst of your storms, joy in the midst of deep sorrow, and the Love of a God whose Love is eternally, freely given to all, no matter the level of death.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
10 years of trying. Nothing. Worse that i was unfaithful this year. That has put the final nail in the coffin. Any sensible person will see that my marriage is a farce and is over. All i can do is ask God for guidance.
I just want to encourage you that God is still on your side and on the side of your marriage succeeding. You aren't alone and God will be your comfort and will help you persist when it seems hopeless.

Remember, nothing is impossible with God. You will be in my prayers.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I asked my wife yesterday if we should go to mass today as it is the start of a new year and thus make it a fresh start for us in our marriage. No chance! Who said anything about a fresh start she said!

Today, i go to mass on my own. Come home and yet again on my own in the kitchen while she watches TV in a frosty environment!! 2016 is going to be rough i can tell!

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, some may know my history.

Basically, me and wife agree we fell out of love approx 10 years ago! Child came along 9 years ago.

Both agree only together because of child.

No love from wife. Tried but even she admits nothing there.

I then had an affair (3 months). I told wife because of extreme guilt.

Still nothing in marriage. No love. Remember people, this is how it was BEFORE affair! I love God dearly. Confessed many times. Really committed to family but wife still has no love!!!! At my wits end so:

Does God really expect Christians to live in loveless marriages?

Slightly different angle to offer.

Divorce is equivalent to throwing your children under the train and murdering them. You brought them into this world, you have an obligation to make it work. Forget anything else. You have a duty to those children. You have absolutely no right to destroy their lives and their futures. You have a duty to show your daughters what type of men to marry and your sons how to fight and survive the battles of life. It *sounds like* you're not doing either, based on the results (the fruits reveal the roots).

Another thing, divorce is extremely expensive and messy. It's far easier and far cheaper to fix the petty stupidities.

Forget the "she doesn't love me" stuff (boo hoo, muffin). You both have murdered the relationship. Be someone she CAN love. Be a good guest (you're a guest in her relationship). Dude, you're getting slaughtered in there. You're in foreign alien territory and getting ripped to shreds. Get a grip on yourself, find yourself some good men and be the type of man she would cheat on you with.

By the way.. You didn't tell her because of your guilt. You told her to offload your burden onto her shoulders and make her carry the weight. I don't want to spell out here what kind of man that makes you...but I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

Good luck with it. And remember...there's a reason you two married. There was a short list of the things you loved about each other. Unfortunately you ended up burying it in the drawer underneath the inappropriate content and started carrying around the long list in your purse, the number of ways the other of you sucks at life. Start with burning that list, all 160 pounds of it.

Cheers brother.

Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I asked my wife yesterday if we should go to mass today as it is the start of a new year and thus make it a fresh start for us in our marriage. No chance! Who said anything about a fresh start she said!

Today, i go to mass on my own. Come home and yet again on my own in the kitchen while she watches TV in a frosty environment!! 2016 is going to be rough i can tell!

Stop trying to control her. Get your gonads out of her purse, put them back where they belong and man up. That's what she's looking for...but don't do it for her. Do it for you.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Slightly different angle to offer.

Divorce is equivalent to throwing your children under the train and murdering them. You brought them into this world, you have an obligation to make it work. Forget anything else. You have a duty to those children. You have absolutely no right to destroy their lives and their futures. You have a duty to show your daughters what type of men to marry and your sons how to fight and survive the battles of life. It *sounds like* you're not doing either, based on the results (the fruits reveal the roots).

Another thing, divorce is extremely expensive and messy. It's far easier and far cheaper to fix the petty stupidities.

Forget the "she doesn't love me" stuff (boo hoo, muffin). You both have murdered the relationship. Be someone she CAN love. Be a good guest (you're a guest in her relationship). Dude, you're getting slaughtered in there. You're in foreign alien territory and getting ripped to shreds. Get a grip on yourself, find yourself some good men and be the type of man she would cheat on you with.

By the way.. You didn't tell her because of your guilt. You told her to offload your burden onto her shoulders and make her carry the weight. I don't want to spell out here what kind of man that makes you...but I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

Good luck with it. And remember...there's a reason you two married. There was a short list of the things you loved about each other. Unfortunately you ended up burying it in the drawer underneath the inappropriate content and started carrying around the long list in your purse, the number of ways the other of you sucks at life. Start with burning that list, all 160 pounds of it.

Cheers brother.

You sir are so wrong!

We are only together 'Because' of our child! So that destroys your first statement.

As for divorce well, neither of us wants that really. Its not something we would be looking forward too and money wise i dont care about money. That is the least of my worries!

Wrong again on your third statement as i told her precisely because of guilt and my betrayal! It would have been easy to say nothing and be a coward pal! I was not pressured in any way to tell her. Our marriage was at its depths for many years. We were not 'In Love'. I told her because of Guilt in my heart and i knew it was the right thing to do, whatever the outcome. I was prepared to join the gutter to live my life!

inappropriate content? What inappropriate content? Are you for real? Have you actually read any of my posts? Dont go stating things you have no evidence for! Seems to me like you are not a real Christian at all. You are so cruel and unthoughtful in your words etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Stop trying to control her. Get your gonads out of her purse, put them back where they belong and man up. That's what she's looking for...but don't do it for her. Do it for you.

It would be best if you dont post in this thread as you are so full of yourself and not in any way helpful or understanding. Criticism is good. Attacking another person like you are doing is just plain childish.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

May our Lord and King give you strength to endure, power to overcome and peace and joy in the midst of this storm.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You sir are so wrong!

We are only together 'Because' of our child! So that destroys your first statement.

As for divorce well, neither of us wants that really. Its not something we would be looking forward too and money wise i dont care about money. That is the least of my worries!

Wrong again on your third statement as i told her precisely because of guilt and my betrayal! It would have been easy to say nothing and be a coward pal! I was not pressured in any way to tell her. Our marriage was at its depths for many years. We were not 'In Love'. I told her because of Guilt in my heart and i knew it was the right thing to do, whatever the outcome. I was prepared to join the gutter to live my life!

inappropriate content? What inappropriate content? Are you for real? Have you actually read any of my posts? Dont go stating things you have no evidence for! Seems to me like you are not a real Christian at all. You are so cruel and unthoughtful in your words etc.

The way it triggered you tells me I'm anything but wrong. Your ego immediately got engaged. I think you wanted someone to "cuddle" you, rather than give you advice.

Men don't tell women they cheated unless they can't bear the burden alone. That was your cross to bear and your work to do, but you offloaded it onto her because you didn't have the gonads and the guts to carry it yourself. Now again you still feel lust for another woman. That should tell you everything you need to know.

I think you might want to do some work around what "love" is. It's not the flowers and butterflies. That's infatuation and it only typically lasts long enough to form the relationship and maybe a year or two after marriage. Marriage is hard work. It's obvious that's not being done.

I think you also might want to do some work around what women are looking for and how a man survives in a relationship. She invites you into that relationship as her guest. You know nothing about relationships. No man does. You can't fix it because you know nothing about them. That's her job and she's not doing it. She checked out. She may not know how to manage a relationship or she may not want to, but that's her work to do, not yours.

You're work to do is being the man you need to be. You've given away all your power (the gonads in the purse reference). You want someone to tell you it's all ok, it's all her fault. It's not. You both murdered it, likely because you're serving yourselves and not what's best for the relationship (that's obvious, you're sleeping around and lusting after other women). If you don't do the work and be the strong man you need to be you're going to get slaughtered (again that's rather obvious, you're in a forum looking for someone to lick the wounds and somehow bring God into this to give you justification).

You bring God into this, but God doesn't really play a factor in this and isn't going to give you a free pass. God/the universe is neutral. God is going to give you what you put out into the universe. I think you really need to take a good hard look at what messages you're putting out there, either on a conscious or unconscious level.

Be the man you need to be. Be the man she thought she was marrying (again, that's her bad, she should have done her homework and worked hard at cutting through the facade men put forward to "get the girl"). There's a lot around being the man you need to be that I can't get into here and I don't think you're ready for it. I think all I can give you at this point is this:

First: You need to be the man your wife would cheat on you with. If she was to go out and have an affair tomorrow, you should be the type of man she would have it with. I don't need to tell you that you're not doing that. The results tell us the reality. The fruits reveal the roots. That's your work to do.

Second: Find out what women really want. Pro tip: She wants a strong, successful warrior that buys her stuff.

Finally: Being in a relationship with a woman is like having an alien invite you over for dinner. If all you do is stuff yourself and then go watch TV, or make a mess, burp and then stink up the bathroom before running out the door then you're not a very good guest. It would make sense that alien wouldn't invite you back. However, if you brought some flowers for the table and a bottle of alien wine, cleaned up after yourself, engaged in some conversation and thanked them for dinner, they might be inclined to invite you back.

The "inappropriate content" comment was facetious and actually a metaphor.

That's all for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
The way it triggered you tells me I'm anything but wrong. Your ego immediately got engaged. I think you wanted someone to "cuddle" you, rather than give you advice.

Men don't tell women they cheated unless they can't bear the burden alone. That was your cross to bear and your work to do, but you offloaded it onto her because you didn't have the gonads and the guts to carry it yourself. Now again you still feel lust for another woman. That should tell you everything you need to know.

I think you might want to do some work around what "love" is. It's not the flowers and butterflies. That's infatuation and it only typically lasts long enough to form the relationship and maybe a year or two after marriage. Marriage is hard work. It's obvious that's not being done.

I think you also might want to do some work around what women are looking for and how a man survives in a relationship. She invites you into that relationship as her guest. You know nothing about relationships. No man does. You can't fix it because you know nothing about them. That's her job and she's not doing it. She checked out. She may not know how to manage a relationship or she may not want to, but that's her work to do, not yours.

You're work to do is being the man you need to be. You've given away all your power (the gonads in the purse reference). You want someone to tell you it's all ok, it's all her fault. It's not. You both murdered it, likely because you're serving yourselves and not what's best for the relationship (that's obvious, you're sleeping around and lusting after other women). If you don't do the work and be the strong man you need to be you're going to get slaughtered (again that's rather obvious, you're in a forum looking for someone to lick the wounds).

Be the man you need to be. Be the man she thought she was marrying (again, that's her bad, she should have done her homework and worked hard at cutting through the facade men put forward to "get the girl"). There's a lot around being the man you need to be that I can't get into here and I don't think you're ready for it. I think all I can give you at this point is this:

First: You need to be the man your wife would cheat on you with. If she was to go out and have an affair tomorrow, you should be the type of man she would have it with. I don't need to tell you that you're not doing that. The results tell us the reality. The fruits reveal the roots. That's your work to do.

Second: Find out what women really want. Pro tip: She wants a strong, successful warrior that buys her stuff.

Finally: Being in a relationship with a woman is like having an alien invite you over for dinner. If all you do is stuff yourself and then go watch TV, or make a mess, burp and then stink up the bathroom before running out the door then you're not a very good guest. It would make sense that alien wouldn't invite you back. However, if you brought some flowers for the table and a bottle of alien wine, cleaned up after yourself, engaged in some conversation and thanked them for dinner, they might be inclined to invite you back.

That's all for now.

Obviously from your post you have not got a clue but i thank you for your 'effort'. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You're work to do is being the man you need to be. You've given away all your power (the gonads in the purse reference). You want someone to tell you it's all ok, it's all her fault. It's not. You both murdered it, likely because you're serving yourselves and not what's best for the relationship (that's obvious, you're sleeping around and lusting after other women). If you don't do the work and be the strong man you need to be you're going to get slaughtered (again that's rather obvious, you're in a forum looking for someone to lick the wounds and somehow bring God into this to give you justification).

You bring God into this, but God doesn't really play a factor in this and isn't going to give you a free pass. God/the universe is neutral. God is going to give you what you put out into the universe. I think you really need to take a good hard look at what messages you're putting out there, either on a conscious or unconscious level.

That's all for now.
your words are harsh and I personally see some flaws, but let's start with a question.....what, is in your opinion LOVE. You already told us it is not infatuation, bravo, but you failed to tell us what it is and where to find out more about it. Since LOVE is the topic God has asked me to study in great depth, seems to me we can have a great discussion about what it is and how it will help this husband be the man and husband God is calling him to be, not to mention every man here. So, let's start here, tell me the definition for real Love, Biblical Love. Not the characteristics or some example, but the definition, we can compare that to the definition God has given me and see how close it will come. I mean, it's one thing to come on here and "beat" a guy up when he is down and quite another to help him see who he needs to be in Christ.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
your words are harsh and I personally see some flaws, but let's start with a question.....what, is in your opinion LOVE. You already told us it is not infatuation, bravo, but you failed to tell us what it is and where to find out more about it. Since LOVE is the topic God has asked me to study in great depth, seems to me we can have a great discussion about what it is and how it will help this husband be the man and husband God is calling him to be, not to mention every man here. So, let's start here, tell me the definition for real Love, Biblical Love. Not the characteristics or some example, but the definition, we can compare that to the definition God has given me and see how close it will come. I mean, it's one thing to come on here and "beat" a guy up when he is down and quite another to help him see who he needs to be in Christ.

He doesn't want help. Do you yourself see what was given? I don't think so if you think that was "beating him up". It's a reality check and some tips on how to survive the next six months. Does anyone really think his child(ren) don't sense all this? Does anyone really think it isn't throwing them under a bus and shredding them to pieces already? Does anyone really think you have to be a prophet to see the writing all over the wall? Is anyone that obtuse that they can't read between the lines and see the results telling us the truth? Don't listen to the words.. They're a bunch of one-sided perceptions of a victim mentality that mask the real problem. I simply cut through the rubbish because I genuinely want to see him win and make it to the other side...and stop trying to control or manipulate his wife with things like going to mass. She's not stupid, she saw right through it. The only thing he has control over is himself and there's some clear things that can be done right now.

What is love? Here's the Biblical definition to analyze: Greater love has no man than this, than a man lays down his life for his friends. What life is he laying down? The only thing he's laying is the woman down the street.

So what is love for a man? It's not an emotion, it's an action. Being the rock, the provider, the father, the warrior, the listener. THAT's what a woman wants. They want the highest status male they can achieve, not some snivelling corpse wondering what God thinks of loveless marriages.

You're right. The Most High wants you to be happy. The Most High will give you what you ask for (so be darn careful what you're asking for, either consciously or unconsciously). This man has received what he's asked for. If he doesn't like it he needs to rephrase the request.. Again, he needs to take action.

Cut through all the crap and get to the core issue. Look at the results. You will never serve a man by placating him, licking his wounds and scratching him behind the ear. You'll serve him by kicking him in the behind.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He doesn't want help. Do you yourself see what was given? I don't think so if you think that was "beating him up". It's a reality check and some tips on how to survive the next six months. Does anyone really think his child(ren) don't sense all this? Does anyone really think it isn't throwing them under a bus and shredding them to pieces already? Does anyone really think you have to be a prophet to see the writing all over the wall? Is anyone that obtuse that they can't read between the lines and see the results telling us the truth? Don't listen to the words.. They're a bunch of one-sided perceptions of a victim mentality that mask the real problem. I simply cut through the rubbish because I genuinely want to see him win and make it to the other side...and stop trying to control or manipulate his wife with things like going to mass. She's not stupid, she saw right through it. The only thing he has control over is himself and there's some clear things that can be done right now.

What is love? Here's the Biblical definition to analyze: Greater love has no man than this, than a man lays down his life for his friends. What life is he laying down? The only thing he's laying is the woman down the street.
that is not a definition for love it is an example. Which btw, I specified was NOT what I was asking for. As to the OPer, if you actually read the thread, he is trying to kill the lust of the old man, which is how we lay down our life, by crucifying the old man and in doing so, allow God to create the new man. But that is another matter all together, so back to topic, what is the definition of Love, remember Ephesians 5 tells us that a husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the Church AND gave His life for her. Notice the and....iow's He Loved the Church and HE gave HIs life for her as a demonstration of that Love. They are NOT one and the same. So define Love and after you define it, tell us please how Christ Loved the Church before and after the great demonstration of Loving her with his life? Thanks, I really do love talking about this, and seldom find anyone who can answer the question. Since your posts seem to boast of having the answer, please enlighten us.
So what is love for a man? It's not an emotion, it's an action. Being the rock, the provider, the father, the warrior, the listener. THAT's what a woman wants. They want the highest status male they can achieve, not some snivelling corpse wondering what God thinks of loveless marriages.
wow, what a stereotype, and not even that good of one. But, this will get us going down a different rabbit hole before you define love for us.

Here is a hint: Love is NOT an action.....(more when you define it for us)
Love is NOT a rock....a provider...a father...a warrior...or even a listener...in fact, please tell me where Jesus the Christ did any of this with HIs bride. Cause remember the husband is to Love his wife as Christ loved the church. Now before you go off, I am not saying that these are not good things, nor am I saying that God didn't Love us with some of these, but please show me one passage that shows JESUS, not the Father, listening to the bride...or being a warrior...or a father...a rock or provider? That is NOT how Christ loved the church. So since you wanted to talk about Love, let's talk about the Love Christ had for the bride, a Love that every husband is to mirror. He was in fact, taken as a lamb to the slaughter, which doesn't sound very warrior like to me.
You're right. The Most High wants you to be happy. The Most High will give you what you ask for (so be darn careful what you're asking for, either consciously or unconsciously). This man has received what he's asked for. If he doesn't like it he needs to rephrase the request.. Again, he needs to take action.
actually, God wants us to be righteous not happy, in fact, happiness has very little to do with God's economy. Do not confuse happiness with joy as I suspect you are doing.
Cut through all the crap and get to the core issue. Look at the results. You will never serve a man by placating him, licking his wounds and scratching him behind the ear. You'll serve him by kicking him in the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].
wow, so you think that you can lead a man to healing through Love without first showing him love? How does that work....? He does need to Love his wife, but from your posts, I am beginning to wonder if you know what that looks like so that you can show him how and what to do to love his wife. So, let's get back to the definition of Love. What is the definition of real, biblical LOVE, the Love that Christ had for the church and the Love that the husband is to have for the wife?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
that is not a definition for love it is an example. Which btw, I specified was NOT what I was asking for. As to the OPer, if you actually read the thread, he is trying to kill the lust of the old man, which is how we lay down our life, by crucifying the old man and in doing so, allow God to create the new man. But that is another matter all together, so back to topic, what is the definition of Love, remember Ephesians 5 tells us that a husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the Church AND gave His life for her. Notice the and....iow's He Loved the Church and HE gave HIs life for her as a demonstration of that Love. They are NOT one and the same. So define Love and after you define it, tell us please how Christ Loved the Church before and after the great demonstration of Loving her with his life? Thanks, I really do love talking about this, and seldom find anyone who can answer the question. Since your posts seem to boast of having the answer, please enlighten us. wow, what a stereotype, and not even that good of one. But, this will get us going down a different rabbit hole before you define love for us.

Here is a hint: Love is NOT an action.....(more when you define it for us)
Love is NOT a rock....a provider...a father...a warrior...or even a listener...in fact, please tell me where Jesus the Christ did any of this with HIs bride. Cause remember the husband is to Love his wife as Christ loved the church. Now before you go off, I am not saying that these are not good things, nor am I saying that God didn't Love us with some of these, but please show me one passage that shows JESUS, not the Father, listening to the bride...or being a warrior...or a father...a rock or provider? That is NOT how Christ loved the church. So since you wanted to talk about Love, let's talk about the Love Christ had for the bride, a Love that every husband is to mirror. He was in fact, taken as a lamb to the slaughter, which doesn't sound very warrior like to me. actually, God wants us to be righteous not happy, in fact, happiness has very little to do with God's economy. Do not confuse happiness with joy as I suspect you are doing. wow, so you think that you can lead a man to healing through Love without first showing him love? How does that work....? He does need to Love his wife, but from your posts, I am beginning to wonder if you know what that looks like so that you can show him how and what to do to love his wife. So, let's get back to the definition of Love. What is the definition of real, biblical LOVE, the Love that Christ had for the church and the Love that the husband is to have for the wife?

You talk a lot of sense and you can see that you are genuine with a lot of feelings and care for others. Thank you

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You talk a lot of sense and you can see that you are genuine with a lot of feelings and care for others. Thank you
:) It is an important topic to discuss, but one of the ways Christ Loved the church is with example. If you can't show someone how to Love, you are not Loving.

So, here is Love 101 for you, if you don't want the advice, that is okay. Isaiah 53:1...how Christ Loved the Church..."Who has believed our report and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed." Christ Loved the church with revelation of who He was and how deep and wide and high HIs Love is for a bride that He found of great worth. A bride that we are told later in the text, despised Him. A husband who wants to follow Ephesians 5 and Love His wife as Christ Loved the church, begins by revealing to the bride just how much he loves her and how valuable he finds her to be.

Now, compare that to Proverbs 31:10...notice how much worth she has....A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies....she is worth more than rubies. Now, if the wife is not of noble character, what does the Love of the husband in Isaiah 53 do? It restores her to the original creation, the image of God through revelation of how valuable she is.

One of the ways my husband worked to restore our marriage, was by working to restore the value he stole from me as well as the value others in this world stole. From my perspective, I wasn't worthy of a parents love, a siblings love, a church love, a friend love and when inappropriate content came into the picture, a husbands love. The world told me I was of no value, a worthless piece of trash...my husband became the man God called him to be and in showing me that man and that determination to "die to self" he revealed to me that I am of great worth, not just something to be cast aside, but rather a rubie of great value. Your first job as husband is to restore your wife's value, that image of Christ that the world has stripped from her by showing her just how great your love for her is. A Love, remember, that is chosen and flows from God through you. A Love that reveals her worth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.