Aug 18, 2015
✟327,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know there are some people who think that God decides when and where everyone is born etc and I wanted to get some conversation started on this topic. Mainly because it helps answer the question everyone always has about well Christianity wasn't available at this point so what happens to so and so or christianity was available and they heard it but did not believe etc but were good people and lived moral lives.

If the only way to eternal life is believing in Jesus Christ or living a righteous jewish life before christ then that leaves out maybe 99% of all who lived? Regardless, if God picks when and where you are born determined by whether or not you would believe or not in his son or live a righteous jewish lifestyle before Christ, this does answer the question of do buddhists in asian countries or africans in primitive tribes get eternal life or not. It's one that bothered me since I have a side of my family that is from japan and we all know they don't believe in christ in asian countries but most are buddhist or agnostic.

So what does the bible say on this issue? If it doesn't talk about it then what do you guys think about this topic? Does God have this world planned out in a way where everyone is born in the right place at the right time based on whether or not they would believe in Christ or not? Or is the process of birth random? If it is random it seems unfair to those who never heard christ or lived in a country like i listed above where the prevailing view is not christian. I think it is unsatisfying to take the stance that those who were to be saved would be saved regardless, especially if you have family members living in non christian countries.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So what does the bible say on this issue? ... Does God have this world planned out in a way where everyone is born in the right place at the right time based on whether or not they would believe in Christ or not?

Good question.
The Bible does cover that.

19 For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's all been covered:

19 For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

There are a lot of people in every part of the world who say they believe in God but not Jesus Christ. That verse seems to say they will be saved no?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are a lot of people in every part of the world who say they believe in God but not Jesus Christ. That verse seems to say they will be saved no?

It says yes even when people think , no.

Upvote 0

havevisions

Dec 24, 2010
Southwest Virginia
✟47,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not random!

Acts 17:26 From one man he made every nation of the human race to inhabit the entire earth, determining their set times and the fixed limits of the places where they would live, 27so that they would search for God and perhaps grope around for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. (Net Bible)

This says to me that God knows you, your mindset, your propensities, your personality, and psyche so well that he knows the best location, the best race, the best time period, the best family (even if you desire sometimes that it had been another) for you to be born in. Why? Because He knows the best probability (or best likelihood) that these circumstances will cause you to turn to Him, seek His guidance, and then finally be with Him in His heavenly kingdom.

Isn't that a great thought? In other words, every day we live we should be thankful for ALL that has happened to us (even though there are many past events we may be ashamed of or wish had never happened) because if we are members of His kingdom, that is all that matters in the final analysis, isn't it? Some day we will question God on why this particular journey through life became our lot. And He will give us the answers - but doesn't the above scripture answer it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not random!

Acts 17:26 From one man he made every nation of the human race to inhabit the entire earth, determining their set times and the fixed limits of the places where they would live, 27so that they would search for God and perhaps grope around for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. (Net Bible)

This says to me that God knows you, your mindset, your propensities, your personality, and psyche so well that he knows the best location, the best race, the best time period, the best family (even if you desire sometimes that it had been another) for you to be born in. Why? Because He knows the best probability (or best likelihood) that these circumstances will cause you to turn to Him, seek His guidance, and then finally be with Him in His heavenly kingdom.

Isn't that a great thought? In other words, every day we live we should be thankful for ALL that has happened to us (even though there are many past events we may be ashamed of or wish had never happened) because if we are members of His kingdom, that is all that matters in the final analysis, isn't it? Some day we will question God on why this particular journey through life became our lot. And He will give us the answers - but doesn't the above scripture answer it?

God already remembers your future choices as well.
He keeps up with your future. Ask Him to handle it well.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Personally I think that all humans are souls that pre-existed before they became human. So it IS decided where you would be born, how homely or beautiful, how rich, poor, the country and time in history. I think each and every circumstance is directly related to what you said, thought or did in the insurrection that took place in heaven eons ago, before dino's even existed.
Actually I think that we end up meeting up with several of those we knew and loved before. Perhaps even those that we were at odds with during the event.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟327,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are the goats in the Matt. thread.

Are you saying that the atheists are the goats but the good buddhists and agnostic etc are the sheep? Or do you take a different view than the first poster in this thread and think that anyone now who rejects christ does not get eternal life regardless if they lived a morally good life?

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is not random!

But what about children born in brothels ( you said He knows the best location,race ECT..) but being born in a brothel or a third world country leading the life of a sweat shop worker isnt beneficial for anyone

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know there are some people who think that God decides when and where everyone is born etc
Since it is God who gives life, it would be evident that He decides when people are born. Since also God determines the lifetime of each individual, He also decides when they are to depart from this scene. As to where people are born, that's another issue.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the above verse. I guess that settles the issue. I still wonder what happens to those people now who live good lives even atheists but rejected god and christ.
On mans side, "rejected" appears that way but on God's side he may have plans to convert that self claimed atheist on july 4th 2063 at 3:32 and 46.8675443698777765432 seconds. Man wants to tell God when they're ready meaning they don't really believe there is a God that rules every molecule

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟327,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But what about children born in brothels ( you said He knows the best location,race ECT..) but being born in a brothel or a third world country leading the life of a sweat shop worker isnt beneficial for anyone
I found a good answer for both the nonbeliever born in a brothel or third world country and atheist born in united states.
This satisfyingly answers my question.

Ro 2:14“are the law to themselves.” After the Day of Pentecost, there are only two categories of people: those who are born again of God’s gift of holy spirit, and those who are not. The New Birth comes through making Christ “Lord” (Rom. 10:9; Eph. 1:13, 14). People who are not born again did not believe in Jesus, so they either rejected him when they heard about him, or they never heard enough about him to believe. The Jews who heard about Jesus but rejected him are like those who persecuted Paul, they are “enemies” of God (Rom. 11:28).

As for people who did not hear enough about Jesus to believe, whether Jew or Gentile, they are judged on whether or not they did, by their nature, the works of the Law (Rom. 2:13-15). If there really was a Jew who tried to keep the Law but did not hear enough about Jesus to believe, then he or she could be judged righteous at the White Throne Judgment after the Second Resurrection (Rev. 20:11-15).

Just as there were many good people who “by nature” did the things of the Law during the Old Testament times, so too there are many good people today, and some of them have never heard of salvation through Jesus Christ or heard enough about Christ to form an opinion and believe. These people, like those in the Old Testament time, will be judged by the works (which includes their thought life). God is a righteous God and does not condemn people to death if they have never had a chance to believe.

That having been said, people also have a responsibility to search for the truth. It is part of the nature of mankind that we know the difference between good and evil (Gen. 3:22), and every honest person knows we are broken inside. What Paul wrote in Romans 7, that we cannot do what we want to do and end up doing things we do not want to do, causes honest people to look for help (which is why there a good bookstore has an entire section of “self-help” books). The Bible promises that if you keep asking and keep searching, you will find (Matt. 7:7; Luke 11:9), and God has led many to Christ that from a five-senses viewpoint had little chance to find him.

Many “good people” seem to have no desire to even search for truth—they are content where they are. But God has provided Jesus Christ as the solution to our problems, and made the great sacrifice of giving His Son so we could be saved, and he is the sure way to salvation. God knows the heart of all people, and He knows what we from the outside cannot—whether a “good” person has really had an opportunity to believe and be saved.-Rev Commentary

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I found a good answer for both the nonbeliever born in a brothel or third world country and atheist born in united states.
This satisfyingly answers my question.

Ro 2:14“are the law to themselves.” After the Day of Pentecost, there are only two categories of people: those who are born again of God’s gift of holy spirit, and those who are not. The New Birth comes through making Christ “Lord” (Rom. 10:9; Eph. 1:13, 14). People who are not born again did not believe in Jesus, so they either rejected him when they heard about him, or they never heard enough about him to believe. The Jews who heard about Jesus but rejected him are like those who persecuted Paul, they are “enemies” of God (Rom. 11:28).

As for people who did not hear enough about Jesus to believe, whether Jew or Gentile, they are judged on whether or not they did, by their nature, the works of the Law (Rom. 2:13-15). If there really was a Jew who tried to keep the Law but did not hear enough about Jesus to believe, then he or she could be judged righteous at the White Throne Judgment after the Second Resurrection (Rev. 20:11-15).

Just as there were many good people who “by nature” did the things of the Law during the Old Testament times, so too there are many good people today, and some of them have never heard of salvation through Jesus Christ or heard enough about Christ to form an opinion and believe. These people, like those in the Old Testament time, will be judged by the works (which includes their thought life). God is a righteous God and does not condemn people to death if they have never had a chance to believe.

That having been said, people also have a responsibility to search for the truth. It is part of the nature of mankind that we know the difference between good and evil (Gen. 3:22), and every honest person knows we are broken inside. What Paul wrote in Romans 7, that we cannot do what we want to do and end up doing things we do not want to do, causes honest people to look for help (which is why there a good bookstore has an entire section of “self-help” books). The Bible promises that if you keep asking and keep searching, you will find (Matt. 7:7; Luke 11:9), and God has led many to Christ that from a five-senses viewpoint had little chance to find him.

Many “good people” seem to have no desire to even search for truth—they are content where they are. But God has provided Jesus Christ as the solution to our problems, and made the great sacrifice of giving His Son so we could be saved, and he is the sure way to salvation. God knows the heart of all people, and He knows what we from the outside cannot—whether a “good” person has really had an opportunity to believe and be saved.-Rev Commentary
.. This didn't answer my question at all, all you did was provide scripture about salvation..

I said how was God deciding that a small child to be born in a third world country and in a brothel beneficial...they only do what they see and alot of them dont make it out.

The health conditions are horrible, their treatment is even worse...

Its not beneficial in anyway....and yes they can still find salvation but you didnt answer how it was beneficial for God to place them in such a place.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know there are some people who think that God decides when and where everyone is born etc and I wanted to get some conversation started on this topic. Mainly because it helps answer the question everyone always has about well Christianity wasn't available at this point so what happens to so and so or christianity was available and they heard it but did not believe etc but were good people and lived moral lives.

If the only way to eternal life is believing in Jesus Christ or living a righteous jewish life before christ then that leaves out maybe 99% of all who lived? Regardless, if God picks when and where you are born determined by whether or not you would believe or not in his son or live a righteous jewish lifestyle before Christ, this does answer the question of do buddhists in asian countries or africans in primitive tribes get eternal life or not. It's one that bothered me since I have a side of my family that is from japan and we all know they don't believe in christ in asian countries but most are buddhist or agnostic.

So what does the bible say on this issue? If it doesn't talk about it then what do you guys think about this topic? Does God have this world planned out in a way where everyone is born in the right place at the right time based on whether or not they would believe in Christ or not? Or is the process of birth random? If it is random it seems unfair to those who never heard christ or lived in a country like i listed above where the prevailing view is not christian. I think it is unsatisfying to take the stance that those who were to be saved would be saved regardless, especially if you have family members living in non christian countries.
But if God doesnt decide these important things...how could he be God,especial the God of the Bible...if He's the alpha and omega and all knowing... How can something this important happen at random?

Upvote 0