Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
Endure2 said:
whitehorse,
i completely agree.
its just that i feel the common veiw of predestination does say that, and i dont beleive that.
i feel like thats the only other alternative to what i believe.

I'm just wondering what you'd say to the scripture verses that tell us that God did predestine us. His predestination saves His people from sin, but the sin of all people is very real. So it isnt like those people He does not save aren't sinning and ended up there for no reason. Hell is punishment for actual, committed deeds. No one suffers there for crimes they didn't commit.

Upvote 0

vinc

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
✟1,161.00
Faith
deg said:
Vincent, thanks so very much. I just finished the visions section (I believe they are in his semi-autobiographical book too, which was compiled from his personal letters), and it is incredibly powerful. He has an unmistakable insight into spiritual things. Those writings are marvellous, just marvellous, like pure gold. Endure, you should check out (at the very least) the visions page. It is worth every moment. I am also going to read Masters Feet and Testimony, when I am able. University is a busy place, and it's often hard to find a good block of time to read!

Lord bless us all.
deg

No mention Deg. I consider it as my bounded duty for the Lord to pass on any inspirational things i come across on the net. I have read the books more than once and have found them as a tremendous source of spiritual blessings. I am thankful to God for making me come across his books.

Upvote 0

Endure2

Veteran
May 1, 2004
Georgia
✟9,266.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
deg
that he chose for us to be saved and live for him and bear fruit.

but to jump to the chase, i dont believe this means there are people he didnt choose. i dont believe the scripture that says many are called and few are chosen is describing the same kind of "choosing" even though the same verb is used.
God chose for all to be saved, and he calls all, but not all accept so not all are actually saved.

thats my veiw.

whitehorse

i would say that God predestined all to be saved ( with the word all meaning all peoples everywhere, not all of a certain group of people in a certain context).
certainly no one suffers there for crimes they didnt commit.
but never being able to go to heavon becuase you werent chosen isnt much diffrent. since the only way to be able to stop sinning is being chosen.

bulldog

about 2 peter 3.9

i am sorry, i lack the skills neccesary to use the science of english to prove that just becuase at one point in the context he refers to himself or some certain context of people, it doesnt mean that the same must be true for all words throughout the remaining scriptures.

its foolish pondering of a simple, generally accepted truth where the only alternative is a completely heartless and self centered theory.

the same goes for your take on 1 tim 2.4-6

you can ponder and define and compare all you want, it isnt supposed to be this complicated, and it isnt supposed to be that cold.
other people are people too. and the God i know isnt like that.

and im not arguing with the facts, though there is more to life than facts since we arent always that smart, thats just your messed up veiw of the value of life.

you have to intensively examine the integrity of the notion that Gods wants people saved...? what the heck is wrong with you?

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whitehorse said:
Secondly, when we find two verses that seem to contradict each other, the problem is never with scripture, but the way we're perceiving it. Usually the answer to the problem is in context, or in the occasional nature of scripture.

You said it so well yourself (Above). Now I will make a request that you pray for understanding and go back and re-read Vinc's posts and see if you have any different perspective. :bow: :amen:

Upvote 0

Endure2

Veteran
May 1, 2004
Georgia
✟9,266.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
bulldog

The Greek word for "all" (pas) can mean...

im sorry as i re-read over all this i just have to raise the question of "why are you willing to put the lives and souls of millions and billions of people on the line and absolutely in hell, becuase of one little, completely hypothetical, souly speculative "CAN"?

you obviosly dont have any problem with that.

its just, this theory comes with a high price, one far to high for us to goof off with, and theres little or no evidence to even hint at it anyway, except for some peoples CANS!. shoot, they come as cheap as green beans these days! we can all get our cans and get away with murder even!

its like this is what their shooting for or something, their really trying their best to believe this! they press and press and search and divide hoping to find any excuse they can to believe many people have no chioce but to burn in hell. even if it means just saying "well it .....could.... be!"
so what! this dude over hear is worth more than your cans!

and just so i dont completely sound like a flamer or crasy person or a sinner i wont comment on how i feel about this personally... but why is this?

haha, im sorry but im reminded of how riddick once killed a man with a tea cup. ... i just thought that was funny. and jack said "death by tea cup".
sounds like someone i know.

Upvote 0

S682

Dec 6, 2004
Turlock, California
✟990.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can pray for God to give you faith.

I know this doctrine of predestination varies drastically from denomination to denomination, and a lot of believers have and are confused ...me included, but studying the Bible has helped me to understand a little better.

Luke 17:5 "And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums