Upper midwest
✟61,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has need for us stupid people. The wise and Intelectuals have to be broken before they are useful. Scripture tells us that He uses those of small and insignificant high-mindedness to confound the wise. One day He will reach for you to do a mighty thing that an intellectual simply could not because of pride.
So, yes, God cares that we are stupid. We are often His vessel of choice.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Sorry, but i found career counsellors insulting as some of them have no idea what is best for others. And I have been to many. And they all say the same thing whoch is they have no idea.

Your most wonderful counsellor is Jesus and he wasnt going round telling people what their options in the current market is and making them feel stupid if the dont fit the criteria.

God gives us the work to do and following Him is the most satisfying thing in the world.
Jesus didnt tell people go out and get independence. He healed them made them well, and drew them closer to God FIRST.
Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean that you should discount career counsellors for other people. My agency has a 90% plus success rate in helping people launch their careers. And it is not a career we tell them to enter; it is a career they choose on their own volition. You're right... Jesus does not go around telling people what their options are in the current market. He knows that people have access to career counsellors and their own intelligence to tell them that. If you felt stupid for "not fitting the criteria" that is your business. The OP has options and going to a career counsellor is one of them. She is seeking guidance and the Bible talks about how it is a wise person who seeks guidance. She would be wise to talk to a career counsellor. God even equipped some of us with the aptitude to be a career counsellor, so..... I still found your comments insulting.

OP, I stand by what I said earlier. Focus on the strengths you have, since you are already good at them, go in that direction. You are good at them because God has created you and is continuing to mold you for the very purpose of using those strengths to direct your path.

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God has need for us stupid people. The wise and Intelectuals have to be broken before they are useful. Scripture tells us that He uses those of small and insignificant high-mindedness to confound the wise. One day He will reach for you to do a mighty thing that an intellectual simply could not because of pride.
So, yes, God cares that we are stupid. We are often His vessel of choice.

Romans 1:22 - 1 Corinthians 1:20 - 1 Corinthians 1:27 - 1 Corinthians 3:18 - 1 Corinthians 3:19

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
..well Adam and eve were no great shakes. The serpent was very crafty. But people who are crafty get taken in by their own craftiness.

So it matters not how smart we are..its who our heart is for. Do we have a heart for God? Even king David did some stupid things, thinking he was clever and God couldnt see. But God doesnt look on our brains so much as our heart, especially if it is contrite and open to Him.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
It has been my goal for a long time now to go to college so I can start working on an associates degree so I can pursue better jobs in the future. I finally enrolled and I had to take a test to be eligible to start classes. I made 56% on the math portion so I cannot start school this semester -_- I studied for a month almost 10-15 hours every week (in between work and such) and I still didn't improve at all. I'm literally just too stupid for college.

Why did God make me so stupid? It's not just this one thing, I kind of just scrapped my way through high school best I could in all subjects but one, and even just life in general I make stupid mistake after stupid mistake that screws me over for months all the time. It just makes me so angry and depressed that I can take all the advice in the world, work my butt of to achieve something and no matter what I end up failing somehow. So why would God even make me so dumb when He knows it's going to make it impossible to achieve anything? Does He even care that I am going to be stuck burning myself out at menial jobs and being a burden to my future-husband for the rest of my life? People always tell me that I will end up where I'm supposed to be, trust God, yada yada, but I have prayed so long and hard about these things. It doesn't matter, God isn't some test-fairy who is going to give me the answers to make it into college. And praying about my decisions hasn't stopped them from being huge mistakes... I just don't understand why God would make me so incapable.

Hi,

I hope you are still here.

Most of my bosses were top 10%'rs in the world in their fields. So, I always felt I was stupid. I also have a condition that lets people think they are stupid, and some other things.

One day, one of the Mr. Genius's come in to my area. I ask him: "Do you ever feel dumb?" He tells me: "All the time."

Another day, before I learned that math is learned by working lots of problems in math and nothing else, I tell my boss, ((Who graduated 3rd or 5th in his class from Harvard in Physics with a Ph.D., from there)), "If I could to math, I would not have a problem with...." Well. He practically stammered. "That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Math is a 9/16'ths inch wrench. It....."

I had no idea what he meant. Years later, I will make the same kind of coment, then using what I learned, I became as good at math as I wanted or needed to be.

"I wish I was better at math." I am talking to another boss/co worker. He has a Ph.D. in Electronics, with a thesis done in Epitaxial Silicon, not that that is on topic, but he was also phenomanal at math, and actually seemingly better than any other engineer in my area at the time.

He says to me: "My friend got his Ph.D. in math. His thesis was on what it takes to be a good mathematician. Before I tell you what it is, I will tell what it is not. It is not IQ. That upset a lot of people. (I knew and know, that if you cannot prove your thesis, you do not get the Ph.D. So this is not only proven, it has stood up to continuous proofs and checks). It is not sex, nor money, nor social upbringing, it is nothing more than the number of problems you work."

I asked him some more questions like about a book that they gave me in school, that I cannot unerstand. He said: "Get another book."

After that, I just got books that I could work the problems in the back of the chapters in, soon my math went to the Master's Degree Engineeing level, and not the first one who has used this method to do that.

It turns out math is more of a skill, requiring practice, than what I thought. Now, I teach math to those who say they cannot learn math. I do it, that Ph.D.'s thesis way. I actually have them stop thinking, and just work the problems in the back of the chapter.

As soon as I can get them to start working problems, and not trying to understand them, they start to become accomplished mathematicians, only limited by how many books they go through working all the problems in the back of the chapter.

But, like any skill even in language, if you don't keep doing it, although easier the next time and the next time, you will have to do it again, plus. Plus until you forget and learn three times, it is not usually part of your permanent understanding.

Learning things takes learning, forgetting and relearning at least three separate times, before you know something well, but over a period of years not months.

LOVE,

Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Women are the the most diligent workers even over men but often we dont get paid as much as them. Thats a reality.

You want to talk about insulting? I would be more insulted if this wasn't so hilarious and so easily debunked. The "wage gap" is a myth that no educated or prominent economist takes seriously, and it's a myth that exists precisely because men work harder and more hours overall. The collective income of men and women in the western world is what is calculated into the premise for this myth, irregardless of career choices, hours worked, overtime hours contributed, full or part time jobs held, etc. in both groups. As stated, men work harder and longer overall, and more dangerous job and constitute a vast majority of the work place accidents and deaths because of this. Some women need to get their attitudes in check and objectively examine the world around them as it extends past their subjective experience of it. This is especially admonishable for a woman who bears the name of Christ. Stop misinforming people using secular feminist dogma, which is defined by its untenability.

That being said, I agree with virtually everything else you said regarding turning to Christ for answers that reveal the core realities of the issue. The career counselors can provide subsidiary advice that is inarguably practical in discovering what career path is best for the OP. However, it is obvious that the greatest motivation for the pursuit of this career is to demonstrate, and if unable, divinely receive ability that relies mostly on the intellect. If you can train yourself, OP, to develop a skill in some field that brings you joy, then pursue it and discipline yourself. If you discover that you do not possess the talent for what you are pursuing, and it does not bring you joy, then why are you even trying? Without the proclivity towards the entailed activities, and the talent to perform them, why on earth would you even want to waste your life trying to swim through quicksand? The only reason possible is to live up to some societal expectation burdened upon you that God Himself has not tasked nor equipped you to do. That is futile and as you've already seen can only lead to disappointment. Christ's church is a body composed of many parts, all of which are distinct in function but entirely necessary and no more or less noble than the others. Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-27. If you haven't already, read it, then read it again, til you can't possibly forget it. Then what you can forget is the idea that you're stupid or useless because you are unable to perform a function you weren't designed to. You are gifted in your own way, as all members of Christ's body are. Discover your God given gifts, give thanks to God for them, and then use and enjoy them for His Kingdom and your life's joy as He has graced you with.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0