1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone struggle with a fetish?

Discussion in 'Struggles with Sexuality' started by leafylane, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leafylane

leafylane Regular Member

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Faith:
    Christian
    First of all, I'm writing this post on behalf of a very close friend of mine. I'll explain why in a minute.

My friend has a fetish. He gets turned on by a scene in a popular children's film and the idea is used in many other films and cartoons. He knows that actually quite a lot of people have the same fetish as him, but none of them want to get rid of it. He has struggled with it for years and would like to put an end to it.

I'm not asking for an opinion as to whether or not fetishes are right or wrong. He's already decided that so please don't try to say anything to the contrary and respect his decision. I'm writing this for him because whenever he tries to look for websites about breaking it he can only find ones which cause him to look at things that he doesn't want to see. He made me promise not to search for things on the internet to help him in case something affects me too, but I thought that this would be a safe place to ask. I see it hurting him so often that I can't help myself but try to help. All I'm asking is if anyone else is trying to or has managed to stop being affected by a fetish. He feels very alone in his struggle against it and I'm sure that any encouragement, even if it's just 'I struggle with it and I know it's wrong' would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.