Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I haven't either, but rok is my speed. Some contemorary jazz is okay sometimes, but it depends more on the song since I am not too crazy about the style. But start a jazz worship band, you'd be original and find a niche market! :) Even though your old folk will tell you that jazz music is the devil's! :)

ROCK ON

Upvote 0

amused

Oct 10, 2006
west australia
Visit site
✟15,363.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I love jazz. The only thing that would make jazz christian is if there is someone singing about christian stuff. I used to go to a jazz bar quite often and watch and listen and pick up tips and grooves that I could encorporate in my own stuff. I just love how jazz can go anywhere pretty much. I am more of a rocker myself anyway but really appreciate the musicianship. Do you have any links to some christian jazz sites?

cheers ;)

Upvote 0

Tofferer

LCMS - Lutherie
Nov 15, 2004
Lakewood WA
Visit site
✟19,597.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think if enough people got together, there might be a couple of Christian Jazz groups possible. I have tried my hand at both Jazz and Blues on the harmonica. Thus, I think its possible, the only problem is that of putting together a band and getting the word out about them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i have grown in the direction of leaning towards jazz Christmas music.....

and although this is not jazz, it rocks...it's called the Trans-Siberian Orchestra...i got their CD and it's the only Christmas music i could lisdten to this past christmas....i think i wore the CD and the CD player out i played it so much....

there's some guy that lives around here who i have not met yet...i can hear him and his saxophone soaring melodiously some mornings....it stops me dead in my tracks....love it

Upvote 0