Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's fair.

You know, I've herd stories of missionaries who encountered people who think Christians are like vampires. :)
That's probably because they don't have any Bibles laying around. ;)

What is the purpose of communion in your view if you don't believe that Christ's death was anything more than just sinners getting their way with God?

Luke 22:19-20
And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying,
This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

Is communion another misquote?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That's probably because they don't have any Bibles laying around. ;)

What is the purpose of communion in your view if you don't believe that Christ's death was anything more than just sinners getting their way with God?

Luke 22:19-20
And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying,
This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

Is communion another misquote?
Oh, I don't think the cross was sinners getting their way, Jesus had said that he had the power to lay down his life and take it up again. He told the Jews that would be proof of his authority to teach his original gospel.

* to me the cup of rememberance represents the outpouring of a new dispensation of grace and truth.

* the bread represents the "bread of life", the Living Word of truth that was poored out upon all flesh. The gift of the Father and Son in one gift.

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I don't think the cross was sinners getting their way, Jesus had said that he had the power to lay down his life and take it up again. He told the Jews that would be proof of his authority to teach his original gospel.

* to me the cup of rememberance represents the outpouring of a new dispensation of grace and truth.

* the bread represents the "bread of life", the Living Word of truth that was poored out upon all flesh. The gift of the Father and Son in one gift.
Okay, well let me ask you one more question...

God is just. How can God justly forgive sinners who deserve death and give them eternal life? Where does God's wrath against sin go in your belief? Does it just vanish?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Okay, well let me ask you one more question...

God is just. How can God justly forgive sinners who deserve death and give them eternal life? Where does God's wrath against sin go in your belief? Does it just vanish?

Ive always found it depressing that Christians have such a low opinion of themselves? Talking incessantly about sins! You are a child of the living God, he is your Father and you are his son! Realize it already!!!!

But yes, it really does "vanish". We are also then called to forgive and forget.

I love my children and that love absorbs their sins. In the same way God forgives the sincere repentant, he welcomes them home and has so much more in store for them.

25“I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake,
And I will not remember your sins.

BUT, for those who refuse the Fathers mercy and love and completely reject his plan, there is nowhere for them to go.

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive always found it depressing that Christians have such a low opinion of themselves? Talking incessantly about sins! You are a child of the living God, he is your Father and you are his son! Realize it already!!!!

But yes, it really does "vanish". We are also then called to forgive and forget.

I love my children and that love absorbs their sins. In the same way God forgives the sincere repentant, he welcomes them home and has so much more in store for them.

25“I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake,
And I will not remember your sins.

BUT, for those who refuse the Fathers mercy and love and completely reject his plan, there is nowhere for them to go.
So I guess you don't believe that God will judge men for their sin?

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not if he has forgiven us for them, that's a contradiction. But if one has an outstanding sin, they will need to address that.
He doesn't judge those in Christ, because Christ took the death they deserved. But what about those outside of Christ? What about those not found in the ark of His blood? You think God loves men who ultimately reject His Son?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
He doesn't judge those in Christ, because Christ took the death they deserved. But what about those outside of Christ? What about those not found in the ark of His blood? You think God loves men who ultimately reject His Son?
That's theoretical salvation. Real salvation is a matter of the heart. God looks into the heart not rituals and social club membership. There is no blood ark, that's not the original gospel.

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's theoretical salvation. Real salvation is a matter of the heart. God looks into the heart not rituals and social club membership. There is no blood ark, that's not the original gospel.
Whatever you say... I know that I am justified before God on account of Jesus' sacrifice. When I partake in communion I am remembering what He did for me and the price He paid so that I could have life. It was only by His death on the cross that the Spirit was able to give me new life and a new heart. God the father loved me, Jesus died for me, and the Holy Spirit gave me the faith that I now have. In your view, what purpose does Jesus really serve? What purpose did His death serve? I don't expect you to answer according to the scriptures because you have already said you don't believe Paul--if you did then you would already know this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Whatever you say... I know that I am justified before God on account of Jesus' sacrifice. When I partake in communion I am remembering what He did for me and the price He paid so that I could have life. It was only by His death on the cross that the Spirit was able to give me new life and a new heart. God the father loved me, Jesus died for me, and the Holy Spirit gave me the faith that I now have. In your view, what purpose does Jesus really serve? What purpose did His death serve? I don't expect you to answer according to the scriptures because you have already said you don't believe Paul--if you did then you would already know this.

John 18

Jesus answered, "Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

Jesus came to make the way of salvation more clear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John 18

Jesus answered, "Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

Jesus came to make the way of salvation more clear.

That He did. Jesus made it very clear when He told us He was the ONLY way.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God doesn't look into your heart...then save you if He likes what He sees.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God plan is through Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ ONLY. If Jesus Christ isn't you sacrificial atonement for your sins....there is no where else to go.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
God plan is through Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ ONLY. If Jesus Christ isn't you sacrificial atonement for your sins....there is no where else to go.
Jesus didn't teach salvation via sacrificial atonement, he taught salvation by faith. There was the religion OF Jesus, which he lived and taught before the cross in his original "good news" gospel. Then after the cross, a religion ABOUT Jesus developed.

Jesus is the Son of God and creator, he has ALWAYS been the way. Sacrifice minded followers transposed this factual statement onto the Pagan sacrifice doctrine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus didn't teach salvation via sacrificial atonement, he taught salvation by faith. There was the religion OF Jesus, which he lived and taught before the cross in his original "good news" gospel. Then after the cross, a religion ABOUT Jesus developed.

Jesus is the Son of God and creator, he has ALWAYS been the way. Sacrifice minded followers transposed this factual statement onto the Pagan sacrifice doctrine.

It is because we have faith we can believe in the sacrificial atonement.
have you not read..."God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God"

or

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't look into your heart...then save you if He likes what He sees.
1 Samuel 16

"But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
have you not read..."God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God"

or

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed

or

Yes, that's Paul's thinking after the cross, it's the new religion ABOUT Jesus, not OF Jesus. You made my point.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Samuel 16

"But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

You are using that verse out of context...back up just one verse and you'll see it's about being anointed...not salvation.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, that's Paul's thinking after the cross, it's the new religion ABOUT Jesus, not OF Jesus. You made my point.

I'm trying to understand your point...but I fail to grasp it.
Does your point deny the sacrificial atonement made by Jesus on the cross?

Upvote 0