Documents Tell of Brutal Improvisation by GIs

arnegrim

...still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
reverend B said:
odd question. i said nothing of the kind. i said for the Christian folks that find this much ado about nothing. i was speaking to those Christians on this topic that don't find anything to wince about in these stories.
i am sorry if that wasn't clear to you.

I don't see where people are not wincing...

Upvote 0

arnegrim

...still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Jun 2, 2004
California
✟13,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Norseman said:
We don't need to be a Christian nation and we don't need to have a Christian nation to be ethical. Killing people is bad, killing people for no reason is worse, torturing people and then killing them for no reason is atrocious. I don't think it takes a genius to see that the message we're giving to the Iraqis is that we don't consider them as good as we are. We are unwilling to give them the same treatment we would give our own citizens. We are prejudiced against them, and we are in power in their homeland.

No, we are not sending the message that they are not as good as we are. We are spilling our own blood trying to help them get on their feet. We are not prejudiced against them... we are giving them a say-so in their own governing.

Norseman said:
Since no one seems to comprehend this, let me give you a little scenario.

Germany decides it's time for WW3 (highly unlikely, of course). They decide the first one to attack is us, because we are evil (justified by the fact that our president at the time had condoned killing thousands of American citizens with only the justification that they voiced their opinions against him).

How is this in any way related to Iraq?

Norseman said:
So Germany comes in, kills off our military, and drives our leaders underground. We thank Germany for getting him out of power, people cheer as they topple his statues etc. but the Germans decide to stay, to make our government more like theirs, and to rebuild some of the essential things that they destroyed (power plants, sewage treatment plants, y'know, things that are hard to live without).

Except there is no indication that the government will be like ours... in fact, the indication is that it will be a theocratic government.

Norseman said:
Meanwhile, with several thousand American citizens dead, and more dying everyday, Germany starts having some fun.

Dead by fellow citizens.

Norseman said:
They take American citizens into prisons and they beat them with hoses. They strip them and take pictures of them. They treat us like animals.

You say this as if this is the norm instead of the exception.

Norseman said:
Naturally, many of us start fighting back. Germany insists that it will stay until the fighting has stopped, but we all know that the fighting won't stop until they stop abusing our people, and who knows when that will be?

The majority are not fighting the US because of these 'abuses' which occurred after we invaded.

Norseman said:
The Iraqis must be treated as we would treat our own citizens, and abuses against them must be punished as we would punish those who so abuse our own citizens. That is the only way we will ever gain their trust and support.

We do punish our own. Whether or not you think that it is harsh enough punishment is something else.

What are the Iraqis doing to punish those who blow up their schools and buses?

Upvote 0