Do you think some good people will go to Hell and some bad to Heaven?

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, absolutely not. You are blind so you cannot see or understand the things of God until He lifts the veil over your eyes. Are you sincerely seeking God or just trying to create confusion by wasting our time, trying to dismantle our beliefs, promote evolution, argue in a nice way, leading us on to think you may be seeking God. Maybe you are curious, but right now do not have an open door to God. This is why: "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1Cor. 2:14

Are you mocking God, our foolishness or both? bye bye

Are you kidding me!!! Are you seriously getting upset over this??? This is nothing to get excited about. I asked a simple question, and I thought I was understanding the point you were making. I had no interest or intent to mock ridicule or insult you, your God or anyone else on this fourm; I was just asking a question.

Good bye
Ken

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you kidding me!!! Are you seriously getting upset over this??? This is nothing to get excited about. I asked a simple question, and I thought I was understanding the point you were making. I had no interest or intent to mock ridicule or insult you, your God or anyone else on this fourm; I was just asking a question.

I did not get upset at all, just stated a fact supported by previous posts of yours:

Jesus did not write the bible, flawed and imperfect men wrote books then other flawed and imperfect men decided which books should be used for the bible and which ones should be discarded. Now if Jesus wrote the bible, that would be another story.

Here, you are mocking the Bible and men of God who wrote HIS words. You are wrong, every word was inspired by Jesus, Who is God.

Unfortunately when I answered the question it seems everybody and their mother shifted into "conversion mode" and started playing "convert the atheist" a game I have no intrest in playing.

You said it yourself, you have no interest in conversion. So, you are here to dismantle our beliefs with your opinions and what ... promote honor to atheists?

quote] Today we have a bunch of writings from men claiming Jesus said this and Jesus said that, they offer no proof of their claims, they just say "trust me" and we are supposed to believe them; and a lot of people do."[/quote]

More mocking

quote]If that is true, out of all the billions of Christians on earth, how come none of them have been able to demonstrate any of these “supernatural” experiences under controlled observations? Skeptic James Randi has had a $10,000,000.00 challenge for anybody who can demonstrate anything outside the laws of nature under controlled observations, and thus far nobody has claimed the money; not even Christians.[/quote]

A baby is in a controled environment. God orders the process that takes nine months. The life force creating the baby in the womb is supernatural. Babies don't create themselves, decipher genetic codes, create amino acids and proteins and complex systems within systems and nine months later poof, here I am. Nor do the cells organize themselves. You don't have to look in the past to have proof of God. Look at the design in nature and the universe.

No I saw plenty of flaws and contradictions and I pointed some out to you; which you make up excuses for. Prophecies mean nothing because the men who wrote the bible had access to the prophecies, so when they were making up claims of Jesus, it is just as easy to make up the fulfilling of various prophecies by him as well!

Prophecies weren't contrived.

quote] I don’t think anybody has ever found God because he doesn’t exist. What they found was an emotion experience, or a delusional trick of the mind that they believe is God.I’m not looking for God anymore, I was just explaining to some of the other posters why I gave up on God years ago so you can quit trying to convert me; I know better.[/quote]

God finds us, when He calls, we hear his voice, his sheep know him. You see, you are either curious or you just want to mock and dismantle our beliefs. It's a little of both ah? The truth is, some of the truth in the Bible has penetrated and you know it's right and can't let it go. You are struggling though.

quote]I guess you can say when I put it in God’s hands, because God didn’t do anything, I used my effort to take a more critical look at what I had been taught and I allowed myself to see what others were doing and I considered the possibility that what I was taught was wrong.[/quote]

You are wrong. Sometimes He doesn't jump through the hoops that man wants him too. God has been knocking on your door, you haven't opened it. You are trying to intellectualize faith and God.

quote]Eventually I quit going to church all together and then I began to consider myself agnostic; it took many years for me to get comfortable with the term Atheist. But none of this stuff happened over night; it took me nearly 10 years for me to go from putting it into God’s hands to calling myself a non-believer.[/quote]

The seed did not grow because it was choked by the thorns and thistles of life. You never had a loving relationship with Jesus.

reply) Christians lack credibility. A voice from the sky does not.
Christians can’t reach everybody on earth, a voice from the sky can

We are in Christ who is credible, therefore we have absolute credibility. Atheists are the ones who have none.

If your God’s standard of right and wrong includes your idea that entire races, ethnicities and religion’s should be “slaughtered mercilessly”, simply because you deem them wicked, and that it's okay to have sex with your kids, then I’ll have no part of your God’s standard, because I consider myself better than that.
Maybe you should put down your bible and get to know some people who may be a little different than you….. just a suggestion; that’s all.

Oh, you have better standards then God? Put down the Bible? More mocking.

(reply) So let me see if I’ve got this straight: two pieces of fish and five loaves of bread and feeding 5000, turning water into wine, and raising the dead is a snap for the man, but acquiring the funds for simple writing utensils is too much for even God in the flesh to accomplish right????

Sounds like ridicule to me. Again the word of God all comes from Jesus, it's all about Him. He inspired man to write every word.

My reason for joining was to voice my opinion. When I read what was written about atheists on this site by Christians I felt they were misrepresenting us in a very offensive way so I wanted to give my point of view from an atheist perspective.

Yes, you want to promote honor and respect towards godless men. You have nothing without God, you can do nothing without him and in the end, your life will be futile while chasing after the wind and all for nothing. But there is still hope for you.

No I would have a deity that has created different laws of nature than we currently have.

So, our God is inadequate and did not do a good job. Your design would be better. lol How rediculous is that. My turn to mock.

Belief happens after reason and logic demands it; NOT before. I am no more able to believe what some guys claimed God did than you are able to believe you can fly like a bird if you tried.

Sometimes reason and logic does not demand belief.
Now see, that's where you get stuck. You try to intellectally with all rational logic, find God. Einstein couldn't nor can Stephen Hawking that way. A child can though. You must come to him like a child, in humility. Drop all your reason. FAITH COMES BY THE WORD!
Now I could go on and on with your posts but that's enough. Don't come back to me about context ... your statements stand alone sufficient to understand where you are coming from within various conversations about God, Christians and the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I did not get upset at all, just stated a fact supported by previous posts of yours:

Here, you are mocking the Bible and men of God who wrote HIS words. You are wrong, every word was inspired by Jesus, Who is God.

You said it yourself, you have no interest in conversion. So, you are here to dismantle our beliefs with your opinions and what ... promote honor to atheists?

quote] Today we have a bunch of writings from men claiming Jesus said this and Jesus said that, they offer no proof of their claims, they just say "trust me" and we are supposed to believe them; and a lot of people do."

More mocking
quote]If that is true, out of all the billions of Christians on earth, how come none of them have been able to demonstrate any of these “supernatural” experiences under controlled observations? Skeptic James Randi has had a $10,000,000.00 challenge for anybody who can demonstrate anything outside the laws of nature under controlled observations, and thus far nobody has claimed the money; not even Christians.

A baby is in a controled environment. God orders the process that takes nine months. The life force creating the baby in the womb is supernatural. Babies don't create themselves, decipher genetic codes, create amino acids and proteins and complex systems within systems and nine months later poof, here I am. Nor do the cells organize themselves. You don't have to look in the past to have proof of God. Look at the design in nature and the universe.

Prophecies weren't contrived.

quote] I don’t think anybody has ever found God because he doesn’t exist. What they found was an emotion experience, or a delusional trick of the mind that they believe is God.I’m not looking for God anymore, I was just explaining to some of the other posters why I gave up on God years ago so you can quit trying to convert me; I know better.

God finds us, when He calls, we hear his voice, his sheep know him. You see, you are either curious or you just want to mock and dismantle our beliefs. It's a little of both ah? The truth is, some of the truth in the Bible has penetrated and you know it's right and can't let it go. You are struggling though.

quote]I guess you can say when I put it in God’s hands, because God didn’t do anything, I used my effort to take a more critical look at what I had been taught and I allowed myself to see what others were doing and I considered the possibility that what I was taught was wrong.

You are wrong. Sometimes He doesn't jump through the hoops that man wants him too. God has been knocking on your door, you haven't opened it. You are trying to intellectualize faith and God.

quote]Eventually I quit going to church all together and then I began to consider myself agnostic; it took many years for me to get comfortable with the term Atheist. But none of this stuff happened over night; it took me nearly 10 years for me to go from putting it into God’s hands to calling myself a non-believer.

The seed did not grow because it was choked by the thorns and thistles of life. You never had a loving relationship with Jesus.
We are in Christ who is credible, therefore we have absolute credibility. Atheists are the ones who have none.

Maybe you should put down your bible and get to know some people who may be a little different than you….. just a suggestion; that’s all.

Oh, you have better standards then God? Put down the Bible? More mocking.

Sounds like ridicule to me. Again the word of God all comes from Jesus, it's all about Him. He inspired man to write every word.

Yes, you want to promote honor and respect towards godless men. You have nothing without God, you can do nothing without him and in the end, your life will be futile while chasing after the wind and all for nothing. But there is still hope for you.

So, our God is inadequate and did not do a good job. Your design would be better. lol How rediculous is that. My turn to mock.

Sometimes reason and logic does not demand belief.
Now see, that's where you get stuck. You try to intellectally with all rational logic, find God. Einstein couldn't nor can Stephen Hawking that way. A child can though. You must come to him like a child, in humility. Drop all your reason. FAITH COMES BY THE WORD!
Now I could go on and on with your posts but that's enough. Don't come back to me about context ... your statements stand alone sufficient to understand where you are coming from within various conversations about God, Christians and the Bible.
I didn’t say any of that stuff on this thread. I believe most of those statements came from the “philosophy” and “ethics & morality” sections of this site.
Those replies came from other threads on different subjects, and on different days, and it had nothing to do with what we are discussing right now. If you want an explanation of what I said back then, you should go back and bring up those threads and I will be happy to discuss those points in the context of what was being discussed at that time.

Ken

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn’t say any of that stuff on this thread. I believe most of those statements came from the “philosophy” and “ethics & morality” sections of this site.
Those replies came from other threads on different subjects, and on different days, and it had nothing to do with what we are discussing right now.

Topics were concerning your thoughts on God, Christianity and the Bible. It doesn't matter when or where -- you said them and the totality of your thoughts were summed up. I don't usually put people up against the wall and confront them like this but don't deny what you said. Philosophy, ethics, life, morality and religion are all related. You stated why you joined this forum and that's that. You stated you weren't interested in God or playing that game of conversion and that's that, etc. etc. Be real at least, you are an atheist and you have mocked Christianity and the Bible on many occasions. One gift I have is I see right through people and their clandestine operations.
You are either with Christ or you are against Him, which means you are working for the enemy ... but of course you don't believe in him either.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Topics were concerning your thoughts on God, Christianity and the Bible. It doesn't matter when or where -- you said them and the totality of your thoughts were summed up. I don't usually put people up against the wall and confront them like this but don't deny what you said. Philosophy, ethics, life, morality and religion are all related. You stated why you joined this forum and that's that. You stated you weren't interested in God or playing that game of conversion and that's that, etc. etc. Be real at least, you are an atheist and you have mocked Christianity and the Bible on many occasions. One gift I have is I see right through people and their clandestine operations.
You are either with Christ or you are against Him, which means you are working for the enemy ... but of course you don't believe in him either.

Currently I am on the “exploring Christianity” section of this site. According to the rules it says this is a section where non-Christians can ask questions about Christianity that seems hard to understand or accept. I asked a simple question; “will some people humans consider good wind up in Hell” that is a simple question, it is not insulting, blasphemous, flaming, or anything else that is against the rules. So why do you have a problem with this?

Ken

Upvote 0