Do you have a prayer closte or "War Room"?

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Recently with the movie "WAR ROOM" a private place o pray has been brought to my wife and mine attention. How serious do we take prayer? How much power as believers do we have in prayer?

We decided to build a Prayer Closet or War Room if you like. We are almost finished with it. We both are excited about having a special place like this. We are making this a well thought room, about four feet by three feet with a lockable door. We are telling no one what it is. If asked its a pantry.

Has anyone else thought about sush a prayer closet, and if so what have you done?

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I dont really understand this. I can pray to God no matter where I am...why would I need a place to do so? As long as I don't do it in a way that draws attention to myself of course. If people ask, why are you going to lie to them about it's intended purpose?

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My study is my place of personal private prayer. I haven't seen the movie so I do not know why you would go to such an extreme as building a special room.

Given the subject I think I just might start a thread on prayer. What is is actually and what it is not.

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do have several places that you could call a prayer closet. Truthfully though, they are places that I know I will be alone with the Lord. It's nothing that I have built though, in fact Ford built one of my closets.

In Christ
Daniel

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0