The_Saint

Nov 1, 2003
Waveland, MS
Visit site
✟7,752.00
Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Pork is a sin for it is written: “Nevertheless these shall ye not eat…” (Leviticus 11:4) “And the swine … he is unclean to you.” (Leviticus 11:7) When I spoke with God in the year 1991, God told me that pork is still a sin. Even though people think that it was cleaned in Acts Chapter 11, the pig did not make the list! However, God did make a few exceptions to the rule and the list is as follows:

You can eat:

Fried bacon

Fried sausage patties

Fried cocktail sausages

God also told me that I don’t have to pull the pepperonis off my pizza.

These are the only exceptions to the rule that God will allow. Please note that the first three items are Fried – not boiled or cooked in any other way. Anyway, God did tell me that if it were not for these exceptions, the pig would go extinct! Now, the pigs will only be raised in the Eastern United States. (This is a prophecy for the future.)

Going back to Acts Chapter 11, God did say we could eat the rabbit. And when the subject came up about eating crawfish (I live in the Deep South), He said: “How can you eat those things?!?” Anyway, I love crawfish and even though they don’t have fins and scales, yet they are good to eat. Catfish are also without scales, however, God doesn’t mind if you eat them. And God couldn’t believe that I eat eggs. Eggs are great! Apparently, our dietary intake has changed over the millenniums of time, though pork still remains a sin.

So, that’s the law concerning pork.

The_Saint

Nov 1, 2003
Waveland, MS
Visit site
✟7,752.00
Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Pork has always been a sin. A Jewish person would never order a pizza! Thank God for the exceptions to the rule: fried bacon, fried sausage patties and fried cocktail sausages. Those are the only pork products I'll eat.

And I'll tell you something: since I've been doing everything the Lord's way, including taking a day off once a week (Honoring the Sabbath), I don't get headaches like I used to. In fact, I haven't had a headache in about 3 years!
:clap:
Try that and see if it works for you. It took a long time for the headaches to stop. God says that when a person sins, he gets a headache. So, if you stop sinning altoghether (and I don't mean sins to death, just minor ones) you'll stop getting headaches.
:confused:

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
hi The_Saint, i don't eat pork though sometimes i accidently ingest them as i didn't know what kind of meat they were. I remember doing that occasionally in my college days during lunch. It was until i left college that i found out that the dish i had eaten is actually pork. And all the while i thought it was chicken..lol.

BTW, i wouldn't take acts 11 as any indication to what we can eat or should not eat. It's just demonstrating a principle to Peter and that is to start loving the Gentiles. God was merely using a well-established understanding (eating clean meats and avoiding unclean meats) so Peter could immediately relate to the principle that God was trying to point out to him.

And as for making some meats unclean. You ever asked yourself why they are labelled as unclean?

Upvote 0

The_Saint

Nov 1, 2003
Waveland, MS
Visit site
✟7,752.00
Faith
Politics
US-Republican
seangoh said:
BTW, i wouldn't take acts 11 as any indication to what we can eat or should not eat...

And as for making some meats unclean. You ever asked yourself why they are labelled as unclean?
It's not that I'm quoting Acts 11 about pork, though I know that many people do. It's just that I actually made contact with God back in August 1991 in the presence of two witnesses and He told me just what is allowed and what is not since Acts 11 has kind of clouded the issue.

As for what makes an animal "unclean" I really don't know. I do know that a person can get worms from eating pork and that pork makes people fat. I think that's why God doesn't allow it.
:amen:

Upvote 0

knightlight72

Soldier of Christ
Dec 11, 2003
Canada
✟1,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Doesn't it say somewhere how food cannot contaminate the body, that it passes through the stomach. And that for something to affect and change you it has to pass through your heart, not your stomach? Wouldn't this apply to eating pork? Is pork somehow more able to transfer from the stomach to the heart than other foods? Is there someother foods that are not allowed, or is it just pork now?

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The_Saint said:
It's not that I'm quoting Acts 11 about pork, though I know that many people do. It's just that I actually made contact with God back in August 1991 in the presence of two witnesses and He told me just what is allowed and what is not since Acts 11 has kind of clouded the issue.

As for what makes an animal "unclean" I really don't know. I do know that a person can get worms from eating pork and that pork makes people fat. I think that's why God doesn't allow it.
:amen:
I don't think i'll be able to give you a satisfactory answer off my head but i know a site that answers your question.

http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/amazingdiet/clean-unclean.htm

As for your experience in 1991, i don't doubt the reality of that experience at all. The main concern is whether those beings were actually God-sent. Satan is extremely smart as you know. You have a glass of pure water and just a tiny bit of poison will make the whole glass poison. So it is with Satan. Though he seems to speak truth and sounds in line with what the Bible says, but upon close examination there is a tiny bit of falsity there.

2 Tim 3:16:17 says "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. "

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isa 8:20

Only you can decide whether that experience is God-sent. My mom has some of her amazing experiences too, and that doesn't discount studying what the Bible really says or the principles it puts forth. Remember that just a tiny bit of falsity is enough to prove that it is Satan because we know that Jesus was pure and holy and "Jesus Christ [is] the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. " Heb 13:8

Upvote 0

The_Saint

Nov 1, 2003
Waveland, MS
Visit site
✟7,752.00
Faith
Politics
US-Republican
knightlight72 said:
Doesn't it say somewhere how food cannot contaminate the body, that it passes through the stomach. And that for something to affect and change you it has to pass through your heart, not your stomach? Wouldn't this apply to eating pork? Is pork somehow more able to transfer from the stomach to the heart than other foods? Is there someother foods that are not allowed, or is it just pork now?
As far as I know, it's just pork. It's interesting that the United States Army recently made a rule concerning what the soldiers in Iraq may eat from the waters there in that they said, "anything with fins and scales is okay to eat." The interesting part is that this is exactly what God says in the Bible in Leviticus 11:9 "These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat."

The point is that God knows what is good for you and what is not good for you. Sure, you can eat catfish and shark, but is that the best thing? Since I learned of this, I've been stearing clear of catfish even though they are raised on a farm. Well, it's your choice but pork is definitely out of the question.

Anything that goes against God's Word is sin. Doing anything against God's Law is sin. And God did rule against pork thousands of years ago and this still stands today (except for those items that God does allow). So, eating pork will defile you because God says so.
:priest:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

knightlight72

Soldier of Christ
Dec 11, 2003
Canada
✟1,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hey Guess what I did find the verse where it says about eating food. I think it's clear, it's ok to eat pork. If you feel God has told you otherwise, well, don't eat pork. But here, God does say it's no the food that makes you unclean.
Mark 7
18"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? 19For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."
20He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.'

Upvote 0

The_Saint

Nov 1, 2003
Waveland, MS
Visit site
✟7,752.00
Faith
Politics
US-Republican
seangoh said:
As for your experience in 1991, i don't doubt the reality of that experience at all. The main concern is whether those beings were actually God-sent.
I know exactly whay you are talking about. Believe me, I've been visited by Satan in my mind lots of times. Satan has the ability to put thoughts in people's heads as he pleases. And of course you read the book of Job where he actually attacked Job in his finances, holdings and health. I've experienced all that because I'm being tested this life. (Less than 6 years to go to the end of my testing!!!!)

God is magnificent and glorious. Jesus is excellent in all His ways. I know I spoke with God because Jesus was sitting at His right hand, just like it says in the Bible. And, while I was speaking with God, I was brought into Heaven before God only I did not see God's face because Jesus held His hand over my eyes because it is written, "No man sees the face of God and lives." Then I was sent back to where I was standing before I was teleported into Heaven. All this in just a second of time.

The two witnesses that I spoke of earlier saw me disappear. I don't have a copy of the videotape that it was caught on, but anyone who saw it saw that I disappeared on the tape. So, that's my proof that I spoke with God.

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
Isaiah 65:4,5

"who sit among the graves
and spend their nights keeping secret vigil;
who eat the flesh of pigs,
and whose pots hold broth of unclean meat;
5 who say, 'Keep away; don't come near me,
for I am too sacred for you!'
Such people are smoke in my nostrils,
a fire that keeps burning all day."

Isaiah 66:3,4

"But whoever sacrifices a bull
is like one who kills a man,
and whoever offers a lamb,
like one who breaks a dog's neck;
whoever makes a grain offering
is like one who presents pig's blood,
and whoever burns memorial incense,
like one who worships an idol.
They have chosen their own ways,
and their souls delight in their abominations;
4 so I also will choose harsh treatment for them
and will bring upon them what they dread.
For when I called, no one answered,
when I spoke, no one listened.
They did evil in my sight
and chose what displeases me."

God has said that swines flesh is unclean and it is an abomination to Him.

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
knightlight72 said:
Hey Guess what I did find the verse where it says about eating food. I think it's clear, it's ok to eat pork. If you feel God has told you otherwise, well, don't eat pork. But here, God does say it's no the food that makes you unclean.
Mark 7
18"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? 19For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."
Definitely i would agree with you if i just read those verses alone but i can't if i read those before them.

The context (vs. 1–14, 20–23) deals, not with biological uncleanness, but with uncleanness supposedly incurred from the omission of ritual washing (see on v. 15). The kind of food the disciples ate (vs. 2, 5) is not even referred to, but only the way in which they ate (see on vs. 2, 5, 15). Throughout, Christ deals with the problem of the “commandment of God” versus the “tradition of men” (see on vs. 5–15, 19).

Does it make sense?

Upvote 0

The_Saint

Nov 1, 2003
Waveland, MS
Visit site
✟7,752.00
Faith
Politics
US-Republican
knightlight72 said:
Mark 7
It's not the food that makes you unclean--it's when God says "don't do it" and you do it anyway makes you unclean. That's sin.

Jesus never ate pork in His life because He remained true to God.

He never sinned. That's how I know He never ate pork. In the scripture that you are referring to, He was trying to explain a parable about unclean thoughts. So your thoughts control your actions and that is what Jesus was trying to say.

Had someone said to Jesus, "How about eating some pork?" He would have said, "No."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faiththatbreathes

right hand mam
Oct 5, 2003
Kingston, NY
Visit site
✟449.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Numbers 19:16
"Anyone out in the open who touches someone who has been killed with a sword or someone who has died a natural death, or anyone who touches a human bone or a grave, will be unclean for seven days.
Numbers 5:2
"Command the Israelites to send away from the camp anyone who has an infectious skin disease [ 5:2 Traditionally [ leprosy ] ; the Hebrew word was used for various diseases affecting the skin-not necessarily leprosy. ] or a discharge of any kind, or who is ceremonially unclean because of a dead body.
so: is anyone who touches a dead person sinning? or anyone who has a skin disease sinning? where do you stop?

Deuteronomy 14:19
All flying insects that swarm are unclean to you; do not eat them.
Uh, locusts are flying things that swarm, and I do believe John the Baptist ate them. Did he sin?

22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "
That's unclean. Not pigs. Well, they're not CLEAN, if you know what I mean, but they're not sinful. God made pigs too; kill and eat.

9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."
15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."
16This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

There we go, the big one. Think that one through, please.

Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟12,440.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I choose not to eat pork,shellfish,or any fish without both scales and fins.
I believe the dietary laws purpose were to keep Gods people free of disease.
Most of the unclean animals were scavengers.

I will eat whatever is served to me when I am a guest.
When Jesus said Heaven and earth will pass away before anything in the law would, I'd say he meant dietary laws also.

By the way Israel, is the healthiest nation on the planet.:bow:

Upvote 0

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
ly i wasn't faiththatbreathes, in my previous post, i've given an explanation of Peter's vision.

I believe why God makes certain animals clean and unclean is for our own health benefit like what ydouxist mentioned. Wouldn't a loving God spell out directions on healthy living? Oh yes He wants us to be saved. But wouldn't it also be logical for God who made us, also wants us to live a health life? And i would have a big problem with God if i know that He didn't give us any directions regarding our own health since He's supposed to be a loving God. If you were a parent, wouldn't you give directions on what your child should eat? Or would you just leave the child alone to gorge anything down?

I am come that they might have life . . . more abundantly. John 10:10.

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and
be in health. 3 John 2.

You can check out this link which talks about such food and the health reasons why we shouldn't eat them

http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org/amazingdiet/clean-unclean.htm

Reactions: ydouxist
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.