✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
billwald said:
Also that the welfare slugs can buy it with food stamps.

I was not aware of that.

However, I believe what you may be referring to (just trying to help the person who responded) is people who are dirt poor (supposedly) purchasing items that are not necessary. He/she may be referring to the same people I see using all their food stamps on steak and potatoes then using the only cash they have to their name on booze and cigarettes.... but that's a whole 'nother thread! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loriersea

Oct 11, 2005
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟11,071.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It depends. I never drink water straight out of the tap, because I don't trust the city water, but I usually just run it through the Brita. But, the dollar stores next to the store I work in both sell 1.5 liter water bottles for $1, so usually I pick up one of those before I work.

billwald said:
Boggles my mind that people pay more for water than gasoline - or beer. Also that the welfare slugs can buy it with food stamps.

Wow, look at the image of Christ-likeness right on our midst. :sigh: If you had to drink the water that comes out of the faucets in some of our cities, I would hope you would change your mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟325,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Robert43 said:
I don't drink bottled water because my city water taste good and city checks it all the time for problems.

Is Bottled Water Better Than Tap?

It started with Perrier. Somehow, a French company convinced people it's cool to buy bottled water. Today, Evian has surpassed Perrier in sales and now it's the chic French water of choice. Why? It costs about 5 bucks a gallon! Why do people pay so much for something they can get virtually free?

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=728070&page=1

I haven't for most of my life but since I've lived here I drink filtered or bottled water. The taste of the water is poor here and I have serious questions about the water quality in much of the city. Of course, I don't drink the French water, mine is a bit more reasonably priced. I've been buying the Costco brand water at less than $5 a case (32-.5 liter bottles).

What I think is funniest, though, is reading the labels of some bottled water. Ironically, some are bottled from the same metropolitan city water supplies that we are complaining about here.

Upvote 0

hoek

Dec 4, 2005
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
billwald said:
Boggles my mind that people pay more for water than gasoline - or beer. Also that the welfare slugs can buy it with food stamps.

:sigh: How kind of you to pass judgment on a whole segment of people.

In regards to the OP, I drink bottled water a lot - it's convenient and tastes a lot better than the icky stuff that comes out of the tap. City water. :sick:

Upvote 0