Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't drink bottled water because my city water taste good and city checks it all the time for problems.

Is Bottled Water Better Than Tap?

It started with Perrier. Somehow, a French company convinced people it's cool to buy bottled water. Today, Evian has surpassed Perrier in sales and now it's the chic French water of choice. Why? It costs about 5 bucks a gallon! Why do people pay so much for something they can get virtually free?

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=728070&page=1

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes

Bottled water is handy and convienent-especially if you are travelling, going to a sporting event, etc. Unlike my water bottle I can easily throw out Ozarka's bottle after I have drunk the water. It is one less thing I have to worry about.

And taste-wise this Texan prefers Ozarka to my tap. It just tastes better. Speaking of tap-I don't know how Chicagoans stand theirs-:sick:

Diane
:wave:

Upvote 0

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TeddyKGB said:
I have a faucet-mounted filter at home and refill several sports bottles of various sizes that I keep around - in the car, at school, in my various bags and backpacks.

:thumbsup:

Ditto, 2004 wife got a new fridge for Christmas, came with Ice & Water filter, been drinking lots of water now.

Just fill up a bunch of water bottles, throw em in the deep freezer, and now if we go somewhere, got Ice to keep the stuff cool, and cold water when it starts to thaw.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chajara

iEdit
Jan 9, 2005
Milwaukee
Visit site
✟12,941.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Since the well water here comes out of the faucet smelling like rotten eggs occasionally (and all the time for one particular faucet, figure that one out) yeah, we buy all the water we consume and cook with. The tap water is fine in town, but I refuse to drink water out of the ground anymore.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As with a lot of polls, the right answer for me isn't listed.

I don't drink bottled water at home or work. While our tap water is just fine we also have a PUR filter in the frig at home and there is filtered water at work. Of course for the 6 months that I couldn't get down to Sears to get a new filter I just drank the tap water. I don't notice any difference except that the stuff coming out of the frig is colder than the tap and I like that. I love really cold water better than any other drink.

I will buy a bottle of water at the airport if I want a water bottle to take with me on the airplane. I will usually keep that same bottle for the entire business trip and refill it from the tap at the airport or more often in the hotel room.

However, some hotels have terrible tasting water. So on very rare occasions I will buy more.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Maxwell511 said:
If you drink from a water cooler at work does that count as drinking bottled water?

didnt think of that. The drinking water at my job is from a bottled water company and sicne its in 5 gallon bottles, I would say yes (although I originally voted no) - at home I drink water from the fridge - the water and ice dispenser is filtered thru an inline water filter (we are on well and only a few miles from the Delta here in CA so the water aint that great).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.