Do you believe that Abraham's natural descendants are God's chosen people now?

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The Catholic Church must always evangelize and will always witness to its faith in the presence of God's kingdom in Jesus Christ to Jews and to all other people
Really?????? That sure doesn't seem like what they said at all. Maybe you should read it again.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
but not all israel is israel, and it clearly says the people of God
The people of God is not Israel, though it includes Israel. The people of God is a much larger group based on faithfulness to God. Don't confuse the two groups.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
But not ALL of Israel will be saved.
The point is that Paul was speaking of Israel in the context of non-Christian Jews, when he said, "All Israel shall be saved." So clearly from that context he means that non-Christian Jews will be saved. You can't get around that.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I hope that those who win will be the people who hear the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and believe it.
Ah come on. Let's lighten up. Sing it with me.
"winner winner chicken dinner!"

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah come on. Let's lighten up. Sing it with me.
"winner winner chicken dinner!"

I make a very good chicken french, with mushrooms, over a bed of wine and butter-washed linguini, and steamed Brussels sprouts. Made complete with a garden salad with homemade triple vinegarette and fresh bread and extra virgin olive oil with herbs and spices for dipping. White wine for drink.

Reactions: MoreCoffee
Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I make a very good chicken french, with mushrooms, over a bed of wine and butter-washed linguini, and steamed Brussels sprouts. Made complete with a garden salad with homemade triple vinegarette and fresh bread and extra virgin olive oil with herbs and spices for dipping. White wine for drink.

Can you guys please get back on topic before you make me hungry :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you guys please get back on topic before you make me hungry :D

I also make an amazing herbal pork chop, seasoned with herbs and spices...and pan-seared to utter perfection: glistening white and thoroughly juicy. The trick is being careful with heat, turning, and also adding a careful amount of the extra virgin olive oil to keep it juicy. Served with steamed basmati rice, steamed broccoli, and the same salad and bread with dipping. I recommend a nice, dry red.

:p

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Forget my diet. I'm eating at YOUR house.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Forget my diet. I'm eating at YOUR house.

Did I also mention my Italian breaded chicken cutlets? Butterflied chicken breasts breaded after dipped in egg, and seasoned further with simple sea salt, black pepper, and garlic, and cooked with fresh squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and cooked in a triple oil blend. Served with a baked potato with butter, sea salt, black pepper, and sour cream, as well as steamed cauliflower, and the same salad and bread.

Or even a very simple recipe: glop. Elementary but delicious: chucked extra lean ground beef browned to perfection and cooked in cream of mushroom soup with garlic. Served over lightly buttered egg noodles and topped with a generous portion of steamed peas.

Or perhaps a grilled-to-perfection porterhouse steak, with various spices and Worcestershire sauce, with baked potato, grilled asparagus with sea salt, and the same bread and salad.

Dinner is typically at 5:30pm sharp each day save Sundays, when there is an early dinner and a light supper, typically soup, salad, or a sandwich.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Did I also mention my Italian breaded chicken cutlets? Butterflied chicken breasts breaded after dipped in egg, and seasoned further with simple sea salt, black pepper, and garlic, and cooked with fresh squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and cooked in a triple oil blend. Served with a baked potato with butter, sea salt, black pepper, and sour cream, as well as steamed cauliflower, and the same salad and bread.

Or even a very simple recipe: glop. Elementary but delicious: chucked extra lean ground beef browned to perfection and cooked in cream of mushroom soup with garlic. Served over lightly buttered egg noodles and topped with a generous portion of steamed peas.

Or perhaps a grilled-to-perfection porterhouse steak, with various spices and Worcestershire sauce, with baked potato, grilled asparagus with sea salt, and the same bread and salad.

Dinner is typically at 5:30pm sharp each day save Sundays, when there is an early dinner and a light supper, typically soup, salad, or a sandwich.
Marry me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Marry me!

I am truly sorry, but I am a sworn virgin and celibate.

Alight Alright this is not the Food Network folks let's get back on topic ok. We've had our fun now time to get back to the regular schedule program here.

Fine...but I'm going to hold this plate of hot, delicious chicken stir fry under your nose and watch you drool :p

But yes...the topic beckons, though perhaps it has found its finality, especially given the revelations in this third page.

As I said before, no one believes in persecuting Jews. Their accomplishments and contribution to the world is beyond repute and all people owe them a debt of gratitude. Yet as Christians, we are bound to our theology, which is not as terrible as Zionists and some Jews make it out to be. We merely believe Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life; the only way we know and have been revealed to know. Our belief of their visible departure from God's grace should have no result in any sort of Anti-Semitism towards them. Rather, it should foster dialogue. At the very least, to better educate each other so to build awareness and thereby provide valuable knowledge that can be used to increase peace. At the very best, as a catalyst of their conversion to Christianity.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
As I said before, no one believes in persecuting Jews. Their accomplishments and contribution to the world is beyond repute and all people owe them a debt of gratitude. Yet as Christians, we are bound to our theology, which is not as terrible as Zionists and some Jews make it out to be. We merely believe Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life; the only way we know and have been revealed to know. Our belief of their visible departure from God's grace should have no result in any sort of Anti-Semitism towards them. Rather, it should foster dialogue. At the very least, to better educate each other so to build awareness and thereby provide valuable knowledge that can be used to increase peace. At the very best, as a catalyst of their conversion to Christianity.
There is a lot of wisdom here in this post.

For myself, I'm so emotionally involved in the whole thing that I don't think I can see clearly. It's my people, my family, my friends, my dear ones. I attend their bar mitzvahs, sit down to Passover meals with them, sing psalms with them, pray with them, tell yiddish jokes with them... Some of them I think are closer to God than I am. And yet I wish they knew Christ as I know him. I hear Paul's anguish for Israel, because I know it too. And yet it is God himself who has placed a veil over their eyes for the sake of the gentiles. I can only leave them in God's loving hands.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The point is that Paul was speaking of Israel in the context of non-Christian Jews, when he said, "All Israel shall be saved." So clearly from that context he means that non-Christian Jews will be saved. You can't get around that.
no, because it is only by promise. It is not about lineage, Rom 9 is clear.

Why does Paul talk about some Jewish people storing up wrath, if all jews were going to be saved?

Stop and think about it, Did a jewish person die today in an unsaved state?

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The people of God is not Israel, though it includes Israel. The people of God is a much larger group based on faithfulness to God. Don't confuse the two groups.
ummm it kinda sounds like you are confusing, yo say not israel, but includes israel.:sick: Paul was saying no to all lineage as to becoming the people of God. That would include all.

Upvote 0