Do you believe someone can be demonically possessed? Are drugs the gateway to possession?

Do you think drugs are a gateway to possession?

• Yes

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try this dude in a dream, while an angel or maybe Jesus himself attacks it and I slip around the walls of Hades and escape...
slughorror.jpg

I have no time for demonic nonsense..I know I have angels..that filthy slug was over 10' tall and that club right over my head..Jesus took that out..actually did not kill it, just beat it so bad it was distracted and I snuck around it..slow stupid demon..come on dude..one on one now..that was 10 years ago..older wiser and faster..scared? I have Jesus on my side ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well with OUT Christ ..yes anyone can be. Always pray..bind the enemy in Jesus name..for the JOY of the lord is your strength. And pray FOR the person.

To many of us only know this realm aka this world we see hear and feel. This world we see is not the real one. Adam and Eve. All that happen to them was they listen to a lie. Look what that ONE little lie did. It open a door to something they had no power to stop. Drugs, inappropriate content or drinking or the like can YES open a door they can not close. Were talking about people that do not know Jesus as there lord. And saying is not true cant happen..sorry changes nothing.

For a believer.. we can be playing around in darkness and get thing that hang round latch on .. not possessed. For our house has been cleaned and Jesus does NOT share His temple.

Like the body the BRAIN can get sick also. Sometimes that is all it is..yet from the enemy is it. For the glory of God we turn it into

Upvote 0

MayMcFlurry

Jun 30, 2016
England
✟18,090.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Greens
Did they track down the origin of the demon? Do you have any meditations on the nature of your experience?

The demon was Jezebel. She entered as a result of childhood abuse and led me to the dark side in occult and new age practices. Until my deliverance and I became saved.

Not sure what you mean about meditations?

Can you share more than you have?

It's like I said to the poster above. When you're being delivered it's a real experience, it's not fantasy. It is the supernatural on earth. It is also the most painful thing to ever go through. The demons had almost completely taken over me, I actually almost died and left my body. Jezebel was saying she wouldn't leave, that she had my soul captive in hell. She is one of the most stubborn demons to get rid of. I had to accept Jesus from where I was out of body in hell. He came into hell to get me and then all the demons left my body as the Holy Spirit entered me. Jezebel works as a group you see. Not just her but what I call her minions, and there was also a fallen angel that raped me when I was into the occult. So there was her and this fallen angel fighting for dominance of my body. I can't explain what a terrible ordeal I went through.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Fun fact: the original Hebrew word that's often translated as "witchcraft" in the Bible doesn't relate to what we commonly think of as witchcraft. The word is pharmakeia, which means to administer drugs to someone to poison them or try to talk to the dead. Not spells and enchantments like is commonly thought of with the word "witchcraft" (so those who say that the Bible condemns Harry Potter, read the original Hebrew, it doesn't). Heck, that's where we get the word "pharmacy" from.

So people in the Bible did think that people could do those sort of things through drugs. So if we're going by a strict Biblical basis the answer to the question would be "yes".

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The demon was Jezebel. She entered as a result of childhood abuse and led me to the dark side in occult and new age practices. Until my deliverance and I became saved.

Not sure what you mean about meditations?

It's like I said to the poster above. When you're being delivered it's a real experience, it's not fantasy. It is the supernatural on earth. It is also the most painful thing to ever go through. The demons had almost completely taken over me, I actually almost died and left my body. Jezebel was saying she wouldn't leave, that she had my soul captive in hell. She is one of the most stubborn demons to get rid of. I had to accept Jesus from where I was out of body in hell. He came into hell to get me and then all the demons left my body as the Holy Spirit entered me. Jezebel works as a group you see. Not just her but what I call her minions, and there was also a fallen angel that raped me when I was into the occult. So there was her and this fallen angel fighting for dominance of my body. I can't explain what a terrible ordeal I went through.
I appreciate you sharing what you did, it helps me to better understand your experience, along with your thinking, as to what happened spiritually. If I may ask, how long since your deliverance and what is your testimony for God since being delivered? IOW, How are you fellow-shipping, growing and serving in Christ now?

Reactions: MayMcFlurry
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So you have to be a Biblical literalist to be a Christian. I think tens of millions of Christians would disagree with you.
Appeal to the popularity of a position is a fallacy.

You also misrepresent anyone who believes in demons as "literalists." The historical- grammatical method of exegeting scriptures gets at what the original audience would have understood.

Here are just a few examples:

Matthew 4:10
Luke 11:14
Matthew 8:16
Mark 1:34
Luke 4:41
Mark 1:39
Luke 13:32
Luke 4:35
Matthew 8:32
Mark 5:8

For He had been saying to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!"

Luke 8:29
Mark 9:25
Mark 7:26
Matthew 8:31
Matthew 9:33
Mark 16:9
Matthew 9:34
Matthew 12:24
Matthew 12:27
Mark 3:22
Luke 11:15
Luke 11:18-19

"If Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. "And if I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? So they will be your judges.

Matthew 12:26
Luke 11:20
Matthew 12:28

They are hard to allegorize away as neither the context, nor people's reaction, nor the responses make any sense on anything other than real encounters with demons.

Agains Paul in 2 Cor. claims he is demonized producing some kind of illness.
2 Cor. 12:7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

Even Paul was tormented by a "messenger from satan". What this was we do not know. Some think it was a disease or sore on his body. Some think it was a person. Some think it might have been a temptation to keep him humble. In any case, Paul was tormented by a demon from satan. If Paul can be tormented, you can be too, fellow Christian!

So we would need more that sweeping generalizations and mass appeals.

Feel free to exegete one of the passages sited to see how difficult it is to make them figurative.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
For those that are confused: Satan has not been 'defeated' yet. Christ overcame temptation. In that respect, He defeated the Devil's attempts to influence Him.

But the 'final battle' has yet to take place on this earth. The fact that we can still witness EVIL is a direct indication to those that are confused that their ideas of the Devil being 'defeated' couldn't be further from the 'truth' as the rest of those that 'believe' can clearly SEE.

The Devil is 'alive and well' and working 'overtime'. He knows that his time is 'short' and he's gathering souls at a maddening pace. Anyone with their 'eyes open' can clearly see that this is the 'truth'.

The world belongs to Satan and he's trying as hard as he's able to incorporate EVERYONE into 'his world'.

Blessings,

MEC
This world never did belong to Satan and never will. Satan was dellusional to think he could be God if this world.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Once again, the fact that evil still exists in this world is clear evidence that you couldn't be further from the truth as you are attempting to offer it.

Blessings,

MEC
Evil and sin exist apart from Satan. Some religious people tend to blame their own personal sin on others. Sin is to deliberately choose our will over Gods will. It can happen on earth and even in heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
While people are capable of 'saying' anything, ALL the evidence that exists is completely contrary to what you 'say'.

If I ignore what you offer in the future it isn't me being 'rude'. It's simply that I don't really feel like wasting any more time responding to someone who has obviously chosen a path of deception. And you have every right to do so. But it's silly for me to argue with you about it.

Blessings,

MEC

God the Son was triumphant over the false teachings of his rebellious son Satan for all to see. The only evidence of Satans existence is the wreckage left behind. Once defeated why would God leave him here?

Satan is a cigar butt.

Upvote 0

Human Sacrifice

Bless and do not curse
Oct 7, 2016
USA
✟14,391.00
Country
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Evil and sin exist apart from Satan. Some religious people tend to blame their own personal sin on others. Sin is to deliberately choose our will over Gods will. It can happen on earth and even in heaven.

How can there be sin in heaven? How do you know this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I have been reading the gospels for 50 years. Jesus lived in a culture that believed in demons, so I would expect that he did too. That doesn't mean they really exist.
Very telling declaration there.

Just so that you are aware, this is a Christian forum.

Jesus was God in the flesh. When Jesus believed in Demons that means that Demons were real. Even the demons in Hell knew Jesus name and trembled.

You don't have to believe in Demons. Please don't misrepresent scripture in the process of speaking your opinion here. Thank you.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
In our day and age there is a scientific answer for everything it seems. It's funny to think people refused to believe the Earth was round yet we have people nowaday's that believe a baby made from 3 different people is the evolution of science and a miracle. I'm 16 by the way, so I don't know as much as I probably should about the bible, but I've seen some pretty creepy stuff but for right now I'm just going to mention this one incident that occurred last night. So my mom and I were at Walmart picking out some new shelves for my room. We found one we really liked so my mom asked me to go get a shopping cart from the front. I did what she said and it took me a while to get it because it was at the front of the store--10 minutes later I make it back. Now I already detest Walmart. God bless Doug McMillon, president and CEO of Walmart Store lol.

But back to the serious topic, as my mom and I are putting the heavy box in the shopping cart, this man begins to walk towards us, but it isn't a slow casual walk. It's a frantic, bouncy walk. It worries me a little, and usually when I'm worried about a particular person it's never a good sign. My mom believe's I have the gift of discernment, and if you don't know what that is it's basically when I feel that the holy spirit is letting me know something isn't quite right. I'm sure everyone is blessed with this, but sometimes I notice things that others are oblivious too. But enough of that... so this guy just gave me a strange feeling. I was helping my mom put the box in the shopping cart and he walks past and I don't know if you've ever had the feeling of someone standing right behind you with a knife to your back but that was the kind of feeling I got. Like I was in danger, and right when I felt that he said something under his breath. I could clearly pick out the f-word because it shocked me but I couldn't figure out what else he was saying. My eyes widened and my mom asked me what was wrong. I said "did you not hear that?" and she said "Yeah I just ignore childish people like that. It's not even worth my time." But I was at a loss for words. I wasn't angry, or upset.. I was just confused. I told my mom that I felt confused as well, and I tried to convince myself that maybe he was mad because we were in the way. This is when things started to get scary, and my mom began to feel scared to. After we put the box in the shopping cart we went down another isle, and we could hear the guy yelling something in the distant. For whatever reason I couldn't make out what he was saying--it was clearly English but it was slurred and because he was a ways away I couldn't tell what he was saying. We walked down the isle some more and this is when we saw him on the other end to our left. He had to have walked there quickly in order to get there, because we had heard him to our right not even moments before. But I looked at his eyes for a short 2 seconds and I had to look away from the amount of evil I felt. Like, I just remember his eyes being black.. But like a shiny black.. It was strange. He walked towards us as if he was coming to us but last minute he turned the other way. My mom and I were done looking after this. We felt scared that this guy would do something crazy like shoot or stab us. We walked out and we could hear him yelling nonsense but we were just ready to leave.

So I'm curious as to what you all think--I think it's definitely possible for someone to be demonically possessed. The worldly answer would be to say that this guy was on drugs, but I believe it's more than that. Do you think drugs can be a gateway to possession as well?? I'd like to know your views on this.
Scripture informs a great deal about the power of demons. Remember when Christ exorcised the suffering man that was demonically possessed? The demons asked not to be cast away but to be put into the herd of swine nearby instead.
Jesus agreed and the pigs ran off a cliff into the sea.
The man that everyone in the village knew to be possessed was healed.

That possessed man was not indwelt with the spirit of Holy God. The Christian that is indwelt with God's holy spirit cannot be possessed. However, wilful sin, according to the scriptures, can draw the attention of demonic spirits to that behavior.

However, also remember the scriptures that tell you the Saint born of God does not sin. We do not willfully sin.
So, with regard to the man you encountered while with your mom, perhaps he was not possessed. He could just be a poor suffering schizophrenic who was released from a hospital, or who desperately needs one.
I encountered a man like that here not too long ago. God shine his peace upon him because he suffers terribly as a vagrant in this city.

Maybe God allowed you to know this man was about and this man found you because it was Gods will. Something in the plan of God working itself out.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus was God in the flesh. When Jesus believed in Demons that means that Demons were real. Even the demons in Hell knew Jesus name and trembled.

I have responded to this line of reasoning at least twice on this thread. Not gonna repeat myself.

Upvote 0