Do You Believe in the Trinity? What Kind of Theist Are You?

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't generally jump into trinity debates because I find them circular and hard to discuss/explain without misunderstandings and vagueness. I believe in one Triune God - God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
Well, it is a very complex, difficult subject, something not for the faint of heart intellectually.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I thought I explained this before. Must have been someone else, I guess. Anyhow, I would describe myself as a neo-classical theist. I believe God is a synthesis of both consistency and change, as is any true personality. This is in sharp contrast to classical theism, which viewed God as wholly immutable.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I thought I explained this before. Must have been someone else, I guess. Anyhow, I would describe myself as a neo-classical theist. I believe God is a synthesis of both consistency and change, as is any true personality. This is in sharp contrast to classical theism, which viewed God as wholly immutable.

What I provided for you is a link to the assessment. Click the blue letters.

Upvote 0

StanJ

Student & Correct Handler of God's Word.
May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
I made this online assessment because I suspect that many of you who are skeptical of the doctrine of the Trinity actually do accept it at the end of the day. Take a moment to answer this 7 question assessment and share your results. What kind of theist are you?

What Kind of Theist Are You?
Would have been nice to have something to share rather than being sucked into signing up for something online.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Would have been nice to have something to share rather than being sucked into signing up for something online.

This was the first service I found that makes free online assessments. If you know of another one that doesn't require a signup then please let me know.

Upvote 0

StanJ

May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
This was the first service I found that makes free online assessments. If you know of another one that doesn't require a signup then please let me know.
No I don't but you still should have said something....I wouldn't have bothered if that was the case. In any event I don't think the questions were all encompassing and could have been constructed better.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No I don't but you still should have said something....I wouldn't have bothered if that was the case. In any event I don't think the questions were all encompassing and could have been constructed better.

Thanks Stan.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't hold with online assessments of the Trinity any more than I hold with all these cheap online personality assessments.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I've found that most Christians aren't even Trinitarian. On paper they are, of course, but in their day to day - in their worship, they are not, and it is the root cause of much error in the church because if your view of the Godhead is lopsided, it will warp your thinking. Your theology will be off. For example, if you give much more weight to the Father, you end up with a god too transcendent. He is distant and unapproachable. If, on the other hand you give all weight/focus to the Son, you end up speaking of God as if He were your homeboy.

In the Trinity, God is both immanent and transcendent.
Good point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cappadocious

Sep 29, 2012
✟30,661.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I hold with the basic idea of a Trinity. However, I find many difficuliti3es with the Trinitarian formulas. Yu asked me what kind of theist I am. I would describe myself as a neo-classical theist. I believe God, like any true personality, is a synthesis of both consistency and change. This is very different from classical theism, which argued God is wholly immutable.
"Classical theism" is a modern caricature.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I made this online assessment because I suspect that many of you who are skeptical of the doctrine of the Trinity actually do accept it at the end of the day. Take a moment to answer this 7 question assessment and share your results. What kind of theist are you?

My results:

Congratulations, you've completed What Kind of Theist Are You?

Based on your answers, you can see your result below

86% Christian theist
You believe that God is a Trinity.

67%Pantheist
You believe that everything is God.

57%Non-Christian Monotheist
You believe in one, singular God who has no relationships prior to creation.

43% Polytheist
You believe in multiple gods.

43% Heno-theist
You believe in many gods but one chief God among them.

The questions repose on the issue of "God". If you ask me "Is Jesus God?" I will answer, "Of course". If you ask me if there is one God, I will answer "Of course". If you ask me if the Holy Spirit is God, I will answer "Of course". If you ask me if all of the 7 spirits of God are God, I will answer "Of course".

But if you ask me to put these all in my own words, I would tell you that the Father is the Creator, and he is God, and Jesus and the other spirits of God (7 or 8, if "the" Holy Spirit isn't one of the seven) are divine, the spirits are breaths of God, and Jesus is the offspring God fathered, before any of our universe was made, so before time - therefore "eternally" - but NOT before sequence. There was the Father, first, outside of time, and the Father begat Jesus and breathed out the spirits, which then are all divine. This happened before time - there was no TIME in which they all were not so. But there was sequence BEFORE time when there was only the father.

The Father, then is the origin of Son (whom he begat) and Spirits (whom he breathed out).

The role of breath in divinity is the key that links us to God.

That's what I would tell you. I see "Trinity" as shorthand for this.

Classical Trinitarians would not agree, preferring other understandings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StanJ

May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
My results:

Congratulations, you've completed What Kind of Theist Are You?

Based on your answers, you can see your result below

86% Christian theist

67%Pantheist

57%Non-Christian Monotheist

43% Polytheist

43% Heno-theist

The questions repose on the issue of "God". If you ask me "Is Jesus God?" I will answer, "Of course". If you ask me if there is one God, I will answer "Of course". If you ask me if the Holy Spirit is God, I will answer "Of course". If you ask me if all of the 7 spirits of God are God, I will answer "Of course".

But if you ask me to put these all in my own words, I would tell you that the Father is the Creator, and he is God, and Jesus and the other spirits of God (7 or 8, if "the" Holy Spirit isn't one of the seven) are divine, the spirits are breaths of God, and Jesus is the offspring God fathered, before any of our universe was made, so before time - therefore "eternally" - but NOT before sequence. There was the Father, first, outside of time, and the Father begat Jesus and breathed out the spirits, which then are all divine. This happened before time - there was no TIME in which they all were not so. But there was sequence BEFORE time when there was only the father.

The Father, then is the origin of Son (whom he begat) and Spirits (whom he breathed out).

The role of breath in divinity is the key that links us to God.

That's what I would tell you. I see "Trinity" as shorthand for this.

Classical Trinitarians would not agree, preferring other understandings.

I had a feeling this would be the type of response I would get based on the questions that I had to answer as more pertinent ones did not exist. This is the one thing with this topic is that people come into it with predisposed ideas based on Old understanding and dogmas that have existed for centuries instead of just seeing what the scriptures have to say today to us and working it out for ourselves.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

71%Heno-theist

57%Polytheist

57%Christian theist

50%Pantheist

29%Non-Christian Monotheist

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
71%Heno-theist

57%Polytheist

57%Christian theist

50%Pantheist

29%Non-Christian Monotheist

Do you think this accurately represents your views?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy taking tests like this but, with this particular one, I found that already in several of the earlier questions the correct answer was not among the choices offered--so I couldn't go forward with it.
Interesting. What right answers do you think were missing?

Upvote 0