Do you believe in the sevenfold nature of the Holy Spirit?

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's stuff about bud, knop, flower 3 of 3 on each branch and then 3 of 4 on the center branch. Some think that points to the 27 NT and 39 OT for a total of 66 books. Others disagree. Anyway, it's tough to find the 'exact' symbolism in various pictures of the menorah. Most folks don't think it means anything.

I corrected that from 4 of 4 to 3 of 4 on the center branch.

3 of 3 of 3 = 27 NT books

(3 of 3 of 3) + (3 of 4) = 39 OT books

gives the total.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Any facts to back that up?

Well, so far, it's pretty much you and I. I don't see any Anglicans, EO, OO, or RC. So, I know that's pretty unscientific, but after googling it, don't see anything there either.

7-fold Spirit? Are you kidding? We're happy with the Trinity set 1700 years ago. :wave:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The relief in the photo is on the Arch of Titus in Rome. It was created by Domitian for his brother Titus in the late first century. It perhaps contains a reasonable facsimilie of the menorah taken from Jerusalem's 2nd temple in AD 70.

spoilscandle.jpg
:thumbsup:
The OT and NT prophcies had to be fulfilled :)

John 11:48 "If-ever we may be be letting Him thus, all shall be believing in Him. And shall be coming the Romans and they shall be taking away/arousin <142> (5692) of Us and the Place and the Nation" [Reve 6:6]

Revelation 6:6
And I hear a voice in midst of the four living-ones saying: "choinex of grain/wheat a denari and three choinex of barleys a denari, and the oil and the wine no you should be injuring". [John 11:48]

1220. denarion day-nar'-ee-on of Latin origin; a denarius (or ten asses):--pence, penny(-worth).
AV - penny 9, pence 5, pennyworth 2; 16 denarius = "containing ten"
1) A Roman silver coin in NT time. It took its name from it being equal to ten "asses", a number after 217 B.C. increased to sixteen (about 3.898 grams or .1375 oz.). It was the principal silver coin of the Roman empire. From the parable of the labourers in the vineyard, it would seem that a denarius was then the ordinary pay for a day's wages. (Mt. 20:2-13)

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, so far, it's pretty much you and I. I don't see any Anglicans, EO, OO, or RC. So, I know that's pretty unscientific, but after googling it, don't see anything there either.

7-fold Spirit? Are you kidding? We're happy with the Trinity set 1700 years ago. :wave:
Admittedly, this subject may be a bit outside the pale of traditionally-minded Christians' comfort zone. Possibly that's because it is something I've never read about in the Church Fathers. However, some traditionally-minded folks have weighed in with positive remarks. I also find it noteworthy that no one has yet weighed in with, "the reason this cannot be true is because..."

This much is certain:

[sup]1.[/sup] In Rev. 5:6, the Lamb has the 7 eyes. The implication is the 7 eyes are eternal as Christ is eternal since Christ would have always had eyes.
[sup]2.[/sup] In Rev. 5:6, the 7 eyes of Christ are identified as the 7 Spirits.
[sup]3.[/sup] In Rev. 1:4-5, Grace and peace proceed from the 7 Spirits as equally as from the Him who was and is and is to come and from Jesus Christ. That elevates the 7 Spirits on a level with the Father and the Son.
[sup]4.[/sup] Therefore, the 7 Spirits or "sevenfold" Holy Spirit, describes something essential to the nature of the Holy Spirit, and we should be concerned to learn all that is revealed about God, the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's with all the numerology and math?

I don't get the concept of this thread as being anything but a manmade attempt at explaining the obvious.
No offense to the OP, I know this isn't your own idea here.

thankyou for listening.

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I don't get the concept of this thread as being anything but a manmade attempt at explaining the obvious.

thankyou for listening.
I have not presented any math.

Where have I presented numerology? Is it numerology that the Bible again and again attaches spiritual significance to the number 7? I think not.

I've not presented anything obvioius. Obvious things are preached upon and books are written upon them. The 7-fold nature of the Holy Spirit is anything but obvious to most Christians, though I am aware of one book, a little booklet and a single chapter in another book on the subject.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Admittedly, this subject may be a bit outside the pale of traditionally-minded Christians' comfort zone. Possibly that's because it is something I've never read about in the Church Fathers. However, some traditionally-minded folks have weighed in with positive remarks. I also find it noteworthy that no one has yet weighed in with, "the reason this cannot be true is because..."
-snip-

That's what I said. Most folks don't know, haven't an interest. That's to also say no ECFs on the subject as far as we know.

So no, you won't get this cannot be true because Clement Suchabanana said this 1800 years ago.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

thankyou for listening.

That's me with the numbers. There's more where that came from ;)

Some folks for example measure the court, count the number of the beast.

Some folks look at the dimensions of the tabernacle of Moses and the holy place and holy of holies and see history.

Peace-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This much is certain:

[sup]1.[/sup] In Rev. 5:6, the Lamb has the 7 eyes. The implication is the 7 eyes are eternal as Christ is eternal since Christ would have always had eyes.
[sup]2.[/sup] In Rev. 5:6, the 7 eyes of Christ are identified as the 7 Spirits.
[sup]3.[/sup] In Rev. 1:4-5, Grace and peace proceed from the 7 Spirits as equally as from the Him who was and is and is to come and from Jesus Christ. That elevates the 7 Spirits on a level with the Father and the Son.
[sup]4.[/sup] Therefore, the 7 Spirits or "sevenfold" Holy Spirit, describes something essential to the nature of the Holy Spirit, and we should be concerned to learn all that is revealed about God, the Holy Spirit.

Sure, keeping in mind the Spirit points to Christ. The Trinity yes, if that is your ultimate conclusion.

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sure, keeping in mind the Spirit points to Christ. The Trinity yes, if that is your ultimate conclusion.
Well, ultimately the Triune God is the conclusion the middle and the outset.

But technically, the study of the 7-fold Holy Spirit is in the field of pneumatology, not theology proper. But then the study of the Holy Spirit in His own right is a worthy subject for exploration.

Consider this...

Prophets and Apostles, New and Old Testaments point to the sevenfold aspect of God's Holy Spirit. And we, we wish to be lights in this world of darkness, so we do well to pay attention to our "candlestick" that the torches are lit and all in the house can see due to its light.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, ultimately the Triune God is the conclusion the middle and the outset.

But technically, the study of the 7-fold Holy Spirit is in the field of pneumatology, not theology proper. But then the study of the Holy Spirit in His own right is a worthy subject for exploration.

Consider this...

Prophets and Apostles, New and Old Testaments point to the sevenfold aspect of God's Holy Spirit. And we, we wish to be lights in this world of darkness, so we do well to pay attention to our "candlestick" that the torches are lit and all in the house can see due to its light.

Yes. Built on the foundation of OT Prophets and NT Apostles with Christ as the cornerstone.

It's a 'group' thing, no? Two or three or more gathered. Each has something to contribute.

Upvote 0