Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
or are we just not allowed to discuss here what is happening in the world right now? Specifically, what took place in Mumbai on what was Thanksgiving Day for Americans.

Please keep it at civil discussion

Last edited:

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Is there a reason we don't discuss it here? The only forum I've seen it in so far is the Messianic forum. Why are we more caring about what version of the bible is read and that is discussed for pages and pages...yet people lose their lives and it's not mentioned at all. Or did someone and I just missed it? I know I could have started this thread earlier but I was just waiting to see if anyone else would. Maybe everyone else is doing the same...waiting for someone else. :(

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did post some stories a while back when the Orissa incidents began to break out and escalate back in August and September. I didn't get much response so I bring those topics and prophecy threads up in another forum.

If you want to discuss these things, I'm more than willing to do so.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I did post some stories a while back when the Orissa incidents began to break out and escalate back in August and September. I didn't get much response so I bring those topics and prophecy threads up in another forum.

If you want to discuss these things, I'm more than willing to do so.

LOL Well, I'm not even sure what to discuss :confused: It just surprised me that no one had yet.

What are peoples thoughts on it? Were there any prophesies made "prior" to the event regarding anything in India? I did not hear any but maybe someone else has.

I know for me I felt at such a loss for not only the people who live there but for those who were visiting. For those who lost their lives...those in the Indian nationals, the Chabad, the Americans, and the Brits.

I know I was watching a video of an interview with 2 Rabbis and there response was to reach out and continue to do good, to those that hate.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I would like to discuss these type of issues here but when I talk of things in terms of end times which this can very definitely be looked at in as a perfect lining up of things and to say that what we see there will come here, I am afraid raises some feathers so I leave it alone and let people think as they will. Meanwhile I pray for the situations and trust God and realize that many will not see these things that way for many reasons.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I would like to discuss these type of issues here but when I talk of things in terms of end times which this can very definitely be looked at in as a perfect lining up of things and to say that what we see there will come here, I am afraid raises some feathers so I leave it alone and let people think as they will. Meanwhile I pray for the situations and trust God and realize that many will not see these things that way for many reasons.

That's unfortunate. We need to be able to discuss without verbally killing each other. :(

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL Well, I'm not even sure what to discuss :confused: It just surprised me that no one had yet.

What are peoples thoughts on it? Were there any prophesies made "prior" to the event regarding anything in India? I did not hear any but maybe someone else has.

I know for me I felt at such a loss for not only the people who live there but for those who were visiting. For those who lost their lives...those in the Indian nationals, the Chabad, the Americans, and the Brits.

I know I was watching a video of an interview with 2 Rabbis and there response was to reach out and continue to do good, to those that hate.

By prophecy threads, I mean more along the lines of end time prophecies, such as the Isaiah 17 upcoming destruction of Damascus and the OT rapture reference in Isaiah 26. Those are the most recent I've been pondering.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
By prophecy threads, I mean more along the lines of end time prophecies, such as the Isaiah 17 upcoming destruction of Damascus and the OT rapture reference in Isaiah 26. Those are the most recent I've been pondering.

:) Any prophesies are ponderable
Frog-thinking.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
or are we just not allowed to discuss here what is happening in the world right now? Specifically, what took place in Mumbai on what was Thanksgiving Day for Americans.

Please keep it at civil discussion
Of course we do. But you "only" brought up a horrific event that was on the news, and not continual atrocities elsewhere in the world that haven't hit the airwaves. No offense intended.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Of course we do. But you "only" brought up a horrific event that was on the news, and not continual atrocities elsewhere in the world that haven't hit the airwaves. No offense intended.

Please feel free to share those with us Andry. I can't bring up things I don't know about.
earth2.gif

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, there's a whole laundry list. Genocide, human trafficking, mass exploitation of children.....ad nauseaum ad infinitum, on a continual and daily basis. Even the 'green agenda' with its carbon limitations hurts developing countries and leaves them in perpetual debt. All worthy of our awareness, discussion, and ultimately, action. Not to presume that you haven't already, but expanding our 'favourites' pages beyond CNN/MSNBC et al is a start. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Yes, Tenabrae started a thread on it on Thanksgiving day, I believe.

Unfortunately it soon got buried in countless threads about all the usual chit chat.

Apparently there was more important things to discuss the killings of hundreds of indians, not to mention 10s of foreigners, or pray for a safe resolution

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately it soon got buried in countless threads about all the usual chit chat.

Apparently there was more important things to discuss the killings of hundreds of indians, not to mention 10s of foreigners, or pray for a safe resolution

People feel at ease with the usual chit chat I guess.

So much is going on around us and it seems that we (everywhere...not just here on the forums) are so caught up in what is going on only in our own personal world.

I know that sometimes I get to looking at all the things going on in my life that I don't always see or even care about what is going on in someone else's. It should not be that way. Jesus knew what was ahead of Him, yet He still reached out to others. Even during the crucifiction.

I know also that it's easy to say and not always so easy to do. Yet we are still to keep our eyes on Him. With Him being the light that guides our steps not only will we not stumble, we will be able to guide others into His light as well.

Upvote 0
L

LaffyTaffy

It's horrible. I'm praying about it. I'm praying about the thousands starving all over the world. I'm praying about those that are dying in war. I'm praying about peoples' salvation. I'm praying about the high suicide rate among muslim women. I'm praying for teenagers. I'm praying for parents who have unwanted pregnancies. I'm praying for unwanted children. I'm praying for family. I'm praying for the healing of those who are sick. I'm praying for the healing of those who are brokenhearted.

There. I've announced that I'm praying. Hear ye! Hear ye!

Is that enough?

Now that you know, can I go back to any other conversations without judgement of not caring enough?

Do you need to know all that I do in secret?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.