Do we have access to the Father through Christ?

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear MamaZ. The Bible tells us that Jesus is the door to the Father. I like to think of it like this: Jesus died that we might live, Jesus vanquished Satan and Death on Golgotha, Jesus is the Truth and the Way, and I am ready any time to follow Jesus back to our Heavenly Father. ( I am already a Great-Grandmother.) I say this humbly and with love, MamaZ. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

steve4.truth

don't be a hater :)
Apr 29, 2009
✟15,585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jms 4:8 says to draw close the Father (Yahwe or Jehovah), and he will draw close to us. Abraham was even considered his "friend". wow! But as you said, access to him is only available because of and through Jesus. But a person who takes on the sufferings of the Christ can be be close to God right now.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are we seperated from the Father trying to live a life worthy enough to gain access to Him?
Absolutely not. We can never live a life worthy enough to gain access to God. That is why we have grace through Christ.
God gives us direct access through the Holy Spirit. We become Temples of God through baptism in the Spirit.
The more we surrender to the Spirit the more that Spirit can guide us.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Are we seperated from the Father trying to live a life worthy enough to gain access to Him?

Mama, I can see from some of the answers that others are as uncertain as I am what you intend to ask us by this question and thread title.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are separated from God by our corrupt nature and broken soul.

Through theosis, our corrupt nature is being purified and our broken soul is being healed. As such, our connection with God is being repaired.

Holy Baptism is the Gate; through it we are recommuned with Him, for it is when theosis begins. Theosis may or may not ever truly end, but so long as it continues, we remain in a state of God's favor and grace.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I was told on another thread that we are seperated from God.. It was in the thread I believe becoming God..

In that case, it looks as though we here are not in much disagreement.

As Mr. Polo said, we are separated from God as we are in our natural state, but through Christ we can be restored to a relationship with the Father. If any of the regulars here find fault with that, I'd be surprised.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If we are in Christ, we are seated with Christ at the right hand of the Father. I'd say that's pretty unseperate. Access to the Father has nothing at all to do with our senses, it is a spiritual state of being accepted in the Beloved. The Spirit of Christ in us is our security of this. One might even say, just as we are seated in Christ in heaven, so Christ taking residence in us is akin to Christ being on the seat of our heart on earth. So heavenward we are seated in Christ and earthward Christ is seated in us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CalmRon

Aug 20, 2009
Western New York
✟8,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

though it is through Christ we have access to the Father does that mean we do not strive to live a life approved by God? I'm not saying live worthy and be saved but when we are in a saved relationship to strive to live a holy life.

Upvote 0

homewardbound

Sep 8, 2004
Sweet Home Alabama
✟10,169.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A number of good replies here. I'll add one other point to consider....

When Christ died on the cross, the curtain surrounding the Holy of Holies was torn in two, signifying that we no longer need to be separated from God. Christ reconciles us to the Father. (Col 1:19-22)

It's a free gift....we can't do a thing to merit it.

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:confused: We have God through His Spirit living in us.. Can't get much closer than that can you?

Much more.

Until we are no longer in a state of sinful existence, we are not close to God.

God is near us, not close to us.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I always look at it as Christ in me,the hope of Glory.What can seperate me from Him?It all dependes on if you realize if your flesh is on the cross or not,and as another said,we have access to the Holy of Holies.And that is not dependant on my efforts.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God lives in us.

God lives with us. There is no possession going on here.

For Christ in us is the Hope of all glory. We have access to God our Father and our hearts cry out abba Father.

Being a hiereus and being close to God aren't the same thing. It isn't a biconditional. That is where you are mistaken.

Upvote 0