Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did Isaac Newton matter more than Hitler? Could we not attribute more value to mankind to Newton than Hitler?Did William Shakespeare matter more than Justin Bieber ever will? Socrates more than Snoop Dog? Abraham Lincoln more than Al Sharpton?Is it true that some lives matter more than others? Would you trade the life Jonas Salk (cured polio) for that of Kim Kardashian?How about serial killers like Ted Bundy? Does your life matter more than his?Do Some Lives Matter More Than Others?

No. Though as humans we faulsly believe that the innocent
have more value than those we believe to be "guilty." For
example, white people had black slaves, so whites are guilty
forever, and blacks are forever forgiven for their faults.
But the most common tactic in genocide is to de-humanize
the intended victim.

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Did Isaac Newton matter more than Hitler? Could we not attribute more value to mankind to Newton than Hitler?

Did William Shakespeare matter more than Justin Bieber ever will? Socrates more than Snoop Dog? Abraham Lincoln more than Al Sharpton?

Is it true that some lives matter more than others? Would you trade the life Jonas Salk (cured polio) for that of Kim Kardashian?

How about serial killers like Ted Bundy? Does your life matter more than his?

Do Some Lives Matter More Than Others?

No, there is no life that matters more than any other life, for we are all created by God and Jesus died for all.

The above examples presuppose that a person's life is worth more or less based on what they choose to do with their life.

The reality is that even the "best" people, regardless of their positive contributions to society and even the world, are still sinful, fallen people in need of a Saviour.

Also, what a person chooses to do with their life does not diminish the value of their life.

Our value is inherent and comes from God our Creator, not from anything we do or don't do.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No we all fall short of Gods glory and were all sinners before we came to know Him.
God has no respect of persons. The thing is we humans are all orginally made in Gods image so thats why we are more special to Him than the animals who do not have the same relationship although they are still Gods creation.

Jesus does not want anyone to perish. You matter to Him.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
the answer to that is simple...
Do you believe that ALL mankind is made in the image and likeness of the One who created us?

The answer to that will tell you whether or not all lives matter.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
So, Moses is of no more value to man than a crackhead?

Yes or no...
Are ALL people made in the image and likeness of their Creator?

I know a now ex-crackhead who is now bringing many other addicts to Christ, health and wholeness. Who are you to say that a crackhead is not of value to God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nobody wants to answer the question...
Are ALL people made in the image and likeness of their Creator?

I'll gladly answer it ... and already did in a roundabout way, I guess. Yes. All men (people) are created equal in the image of God (literally, in God's shade).

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Philosophically, none of our lives matter. We are commanded to "lose" our lives in order to find them.

Pragmatically, if you are threatening my life ... my life matters more than yours. ;)

So why did you say the bolded above?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, you won't "turn the other cheek" if I come at you with a knife? ;)

Actually, I may. And, in so doing, capture your arm and break it near the elbow ... unless, by turning the other cheek and running, I can create enough distance that you are no longer a threat.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Because I will defend myself against someone trying to take my life. Since one of us has to die, there is no longer an "equal" option.

Why so paranoid? If I die, I know where I'm going. If I kill the other, then I am sending him/her to a place of no redemption. I'd rather lose my life to give someone a chance at redemption than take a life and seal their fate.

Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why so paranoid? If I die, I know where I'm going. If I kill the other, then I am sending him/her to a place of no redemption. I'd rather lose my life to give someone a chance at redemption than take a life and seal their fate.

Paranoid? Do you wear a seat belt? Do you have a fire extinguisher? My ability and desire to defend myself against an attacker is only different in that one of our lives may end. That is a serious distinction indeed but I am unwilling to leave my wife and son without my support without taking some sort of preventive action.

If you wish to sacrifice your life for that of a killer, that is your prerogative. It simply means that you place more value on that person's life than your own. Hence, pragmatically, both lives are not equal.

Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So, Moses is of no more value to mankind than a crackhead?

No, Moses' life was no more valuable than that of a "crackhead". (Which is not even a label I would use, and only I write it here to quote you)

Perhaps you have forgotten that Moses was a murderer? Or that he repeatedly pleaded with God to send someone else because he didn't want to be the one to speak to Pharaoh on behalf of his people.

What do you think makes one person's life more valuable than another's. And why do you think it is your right to make such a judgement? (If that is indeed what you're inferring by asking such a question)

Upvote 0