✟7,762.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Hello all.

Over here in Britain we have a tv channel that is currently doing a series of 5 minute shorts called 'Lent Diaries'. I saw my first one of these today. It was about a Pentecostal Christian athlete. Looking on the channels website they all seem to be about Pentecostal Christianity. I found this surprising as I didn't think Pentecostals observed Lent so thought I'd come on here and ask for some clarification? Hope you don't mind.

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I found this surprising as I didn't think Pentecostals observed Lent so thought I'd come on here and ask for some clarification?"

In the U.S. It's been my experience that the Assemblies of God, as a normal rule, Doesn't make much of ANY "Religious Holidays", or liturgical traditions in a "Religious fashion". We do the "Easter Egg hunts", and occasionally a "Good Friday" service, but generally all but ignore the concept of "Holy Days".

Individually, however, Pentecostals do whatever "Floats their boat". Since my Wife was a Catholic (saved as one) She prefers a "Liturgical style" of worship, and we become "United Methodist" on the religious holidays.

Upvote 0

ltwin

May 17, 2012
SC
✟8,144.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hello all.

Over here in Britain we have a tv channel that is currently doing a series of 5 minute shorts called 'Lent Diaries'. I saw my first one of these today. It was about a Pentecostal Christian athlete. Looking on the channels website they all seem to be about Pentecostal Christianity. I found this surprising as I didn't think Pentecostals observed Lent so thought I'd come on here and ask for some clarification? Hope you don't mind.

It's not universal. However, there is certainly nothing in Pentecostal doctrine that would prevent a Pentecostal from observing Lent. It would be up to the individual or the local church.

Coming from an American context, I don't think it's that common. However, perhaps in Britain it's more common.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums