Do Lutherans still believe that the Pope is the AntiChrist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
clskinner said:
That was the impression I was getting, Filosopher. That makes sense to me logically - how could a doctrine that identified an individual pope as the Antichrist remain 500 years later. And yet it seems strange to me to say that the office of anything (Papal or otherwise) could be the Antichrist. It was always my understanding that the Antichrist was an individual.

I certainly thank you for your clarification. And actually, I appreciate the way in which most of you have conducted yourself in this thread. I've been an observer for a time now, and while I don't have to like the topic, it is interesting to hear your views/teachings. And I haven't seen any signs of Catholic bashing, which I appreciate more than I can say!
The office is not the Anti-Christ, but is identified with the Anti-Christ, that is, the Anti-Christ will one day occupy that office. Individual Popes are generally identified as anti-Christs, as opposed to the Anti-Christ.

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bradford said:
And I'll just say, that you're not the only one to appreciate that! :thumbsup:
You two aren't the only ones. I may have lots of questions about the denominations and wonder about what they say, but I'm never here bashing them. . .

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

Bradford

Fool on the Hill
May 5, 2004
✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
KagomeShuko said:
You two aren't the only ones. I may have lots of questions about the denominations and wonder about what they say, but I'm never here bashing them. . .

Stein Auf!
Bridget
Bridget, I'm certain the wonderful people over in OBOB would be happy to answer your questions. (Just remember OBOB doesn't allow you to debate the answers, though)

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
clskinner said:
Oh sure! Or if there's anything I can answer, please PM me.
Thanks for that. I think I pretty much understand what Catholics say. I've got some good Catholic friends. They don't mind explaining. But, yes, if I've got a question, I'll go to ask it. Thanks again.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bradford said:
Yep, Filo, LQ is that-a-way! :D

/me points into the wastelands.
*cannot read LQ without getting flustered and upset about how people act*

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.