Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I need to format (etc) to my new SD card?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by cosmosmu, Dec 26, 2010.

1. cosmosmu

cosmosmu Newbie

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    okay, I just brought a new 4GB SD card for camera, did I need to format or do anything, before I use it? And how?

2. marty-eos

marty-eos Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    UK-Conservative
    Faith:
    Christian
    Hi there,

You will need to format the card for the camera to read\write onto it.

Simply pop it into your camera, hit the menu button and scroll through the menu until you find 'format'. It will most probably prompt you 'all data on the card will be lost' but as there is nothing there anyway just hit OK.

As soon as its complete you can now use the card.

Hope that helps, although if you are stuggling to find the format option in the menu a quick look in the camera manual will help you out.

3. cosmosmu

cosmosmu Newbie

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
  4. jwu

jwu Senior Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Unitarian
    By the way, it is recommendable that you format your SD card in the camera every time after you transferred the images from it - many DSLRs even have quick access button combinations to do this.

This reduces the risk of the SD card becoming corrupted and one losing all the photos on it.