London
✟9,761.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
With her willing assistance, He made His filling of her request an object lesson to His followers
I'd go further. We read in the Book of Jonah that God repented of His intent to destroy the wicked goyim there. What Jesus presents in the story of the Syro-Phoenician woman is something far more profound than an object lesson about Gentiles. Jesus shows that it being able to change your mind, to be overcome by compassion, is a characteristic of holiness. If we get hung up on holiness, we end up judging rather than loving.

We read in the Shemot that God hardened the heart of Pharaoh. But that only proved how far from God Pharaoh was. All of our hearts are hard. The characteristic of holiness is that, like wax over the flame, love softens them. He that has love is far from all sin.

Upvote 0

racer

Contributor
Aug 5, 2003
Oklahoma
✟24,729.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Never judge a dog by its bark :D

aFu_Killer8.jpg
flying%2Bchihuahua.jpg
Off topic alert!!!

My husband has a Jack Russell terrier (so do I, but mine is a grumpy little old lady). His is still a pup and not going to be much bigger than he is now, which is not big at all. His name is "Danger" and he is the biggest coward I've ever seen.

This is unusual considering it is said the pound-for-pound Jack Russells are are one of the fiercest breeds. All the others we've had were pretty dern mean. So mean they made the big dogs believe it.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Off topic alert!!!

My husband has a Jack Russell terrier (so do I, but mine is a grumpy little old lady). His is still a pup and not going to be much bigger than he is now, which is not big at all. His name is "Danger" and he is the biggest coward I've ever seen.

This is unusual considering it is said the pound-for-pound Jack Russells are are one of the fiercest breeds. All the others we've had were pretty dern mean. So mean they made the big dogs believe it.
:) Yeah I suppose it is time to get back to "dogs" and "little dogs" mentioned in the Bible :cool:

Philip 3:2 Beware of the dogs!/kunaV <2965> beware of-the evil workers! beware of-the circumcision! [Psalm 22:16/Isaiah 56:11]
3 For we are the circumcision, who in the Spirit of God are doing divine service, and boasting in Christ Jesus, and not in flesh having confidence,--

Reve 22:15 Outside the dogs/kuneV <2965> and the sorcerers and the prostituters and the muderers and the idolaters and every one being fond of and doing falseness. [Philip 3:2?]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:) Yeah I suppose it is time to get back to "dogs" and "little dogs" mentioned in the Bible :cool:

Philip 3:2 Beware of the dogs!/kunaV <2965> beware of-the evil workers! beware of-the circumcision! [Psalm 22:16/Isaiah 56:11]
3 For we are the circumcision, who in the Spirit of God are doing divine service, and boasting in Christ Jesus, and not in flesh having confidence,--

Reve 22:15 Outside the dogs/kuneV <2965> and the sorcerers and the prostituters and the muderers and the idolaters and every one being fond of and doing falseness. [Philip 3:2?]

Ahhh yes, thank you for those verses....they clarify who Jesus was referring to when he described "dogs"...it would behoove us all to pay careful heed to His words..amen, m'friend.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ahhh yes, thank you for those verses....they clarify who Jesus was referring to when he described "dogs"...it would behoove us all to pay careful heed to His words..amen, m'friend.
These 2 verses in Revelation come to mind in regard to those Letters sent to the Messengers of the 7 Assemblies [and no, I am not "anti-Jewish" :blush:]

Revelation 2:2 I have seen the works of thee and the labour of thee and the endurance of thee, and that not thou are able to bear evils.
And thou test/try the ones saying themselves Apostles/apostolouV <652 are and not they are, and thou found them false/yeudeiV <5571>

Reve 3:9 Behold! I-am-giving out of the synagogue/sun-agwghV <4864>of the Satan, to-the ones saying them-selves Judeans to-be and not they-are, but are false.
Behold! I shall be making them that they shall be arriving, and they shall be worshipping before the feet of thee, and they may be knowing that I love/hgaphsa <25> (5656) thee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
These 2 verses in Revelation come to mind in regard to those Letters sent to the Messengers of the 7 Assemblies [and no, I am not "anti-Jewish" :blush:]

Revelation 2:2 I have seen the works of thee and the labour of thee and the endurance of thee, and that not thou are able to bear evils.
And thou test/try the ones saying themselves Apostles/apostolouV <652 are and not they are, and thou found them false/yeudeiV <5571>

Reve 3:9 Behold! I-am-giving out of the synagogue/sun-agwghV <4864>of the Satan, to-the ones saying them-selves Judeans to-be and not they-are, but are false.
Behold! I shall be making them that they shall be arriving, and they shall be worshipping before the feet of thee, and they may be knowing that I love/hgaphsa <25> (5656) thee.

Amen about not being anti=Jewish, for Israel is God's beloved, and the "apple of His eye" Those who bless Israel He will bless and those who curse Israel HE will curse.

The verses speak of false hearts...and in essence it means fallen man, and those who embrace their fallenness and spurn disdainfully God's grace. Can you imagine what it's going to be like for them when they come face-to-face with an angry God?

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." ~Hebrews 10:31

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Amen about not being anti=Jewish, for Israel is God's beloved, and the "apple of His eye" Those who bless Israel He will bless and those who curse Israel HE will curse.

The verses speak of false hearts...and in essence it means fallen man, and those who embrace their fallenness and spurn disdainfully God's grace. Can you imagine what it's going to be like for them when they come face-to-face with an angry God?

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." ~Hebrews 10:31
Hi brin and thanks.
That depends on ones view of what "Israel" is today.
Paul also said we are to give no offense to either Judeans or Greeks and that goes for the Judeans of today to not curse those of us who are of the faith of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.
Tis not my fault the Judeans of today do not read our NT/NC :wave:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi brin and thanks.
That depends on ones view of what "Israel" is today.
Paul also said we are to give no offense to either Judeans or Greeks and that goes for the Judeans of today to not curse those of us who are of the faith of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.
Tis not my fault the Judeans of today do not read our NT/NC :wave:

LOL me thinks God sees "Israel" as those who have binded Him in their hearts...His embracing of Isreal, which i see as those who truly love Him, and those whjo may not have had their eyes opened to WHO He is..yet. He is yet working behind the scenes as we speak. And those who are destined to "find" Him through His only begotten Son, will. This is what is meant, i believe, by His long-suffering..and praise Him that He is. Otherwise we'd all have been zapped by His holi-ness. He sees ALL things. We, of course, do not, as we are merely dust. :p

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LOL me thinks God sees "Israel" as those who have binded Him in their hearts...His embracing of Isreal, which i see as those who truly love Him, and those whjo may not have had their eyes opened to WHO He is..yet. He is yet working behind the scenes as we speak. And those who are destined to "find" Him through His only begotten Son, will. This is what is meant, i believe, by His long-suffering..and praise Him that He is. Otherwise we'd all have been zapped by His holi-ness. He sees ALL things. We, of course, do not, as we are merely dust. :p
:thumbsup:
There are some of us that view ALL things fulfilled upon the OC Nations/Kingdoms of "Judah and Israel" and most Preterists [like me] have often been labeled "anti-Jewish" because of that view.
You asked me about "Preterism" and you might find a little of what I believe on this board here....:wave:

Unorthodox Theology - Christian Forums

http://www.christianforums.com/t7310624/
Why can't we discuss Preterism?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7392923/
How much of Matthew 24 is fulfilled

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
F

freeport

Why is it that if Jesus loves all people equally (supposedly), that he gives preference to those of his own ethnic status, going so far as to label non-jews (like most of us) as dogs and pigs (Matt. 7 & 15).

Why is Jesus so demeaning towards us?

Steve

p.s. sorry the question may be uncomortable in light of what is traditionally taught.

Jesus is not demeaning to anyone.

The Jews are not a "race", the whole concept of "race" is absurd... and I mean "not a race" in the way you are thinking of it.

God called Abraham and specifically made a "race", a nation, out of faith...

It is all symbolic.

Christians should not interpret these things with the fleshly mind as your interpretation does, but with the spiritual mind of Jesus.

Upvote 0