Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Around this time of year "ghosts" are everywhere. You can find them at school, on the doorsteps of homes and on the shelves of Walmart. Most of the time, instead of looking scary they are cute and cuddly like Casper the Friendly Ghost, or like the kids showing up at your doorstep, wrapped in a sheet and shoring "boo!" But what about ghosts...

Continued below.
http://www.philipkosloski.com/do-ghosts-really-exist/

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Yes, ghosties exist, of this I am firmly convinced. Too many people all across the planet have seen them for centuries. Many here in C.F. insist that they are all demons, as they do not accept the idea of an intermediate state. However, many claim to have seen deceased loved ones or the ghosts of someone who previously lived and died in the house in question. It seems very unlikely that 100% of these instances are either people who are lying or are lunatics or that demons are always posing as deceased loved ones or as the ghosts of deceased persons who died in the home.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, ghosties exist, of this I am firmly convinced. Too many people all across the planet have seen them for centuries. Many here in C.F. insist that they are all demons, as they do not accept the idea of an intermediate state. However, many claim to have seen deceased loved ones or the ghosts of someone who previously lived and died in the house in question. It seems very unlikely that 100% of these instances are either people who are lying or are lunatics or that demons are always posing as deceased loved ones or as the ghosts of deceased persons who died in the home.

Why would it be very unlikely that demons who fanatically support that first Edenic lie should dedicate themselves full time to its propagation? A constant cunning spreading of the first lie has always been a prime motivating force for them as it has been and still is for their leader Satan. Not unlikely at all but rather to be expected.

And yes they can

1. Mimic voices
2. Project appearances
3. Recount past events via mediums

All in an effort to convince that we really don't die.

Genesis 3:4
New International Version
"You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman

John 8:44

New International Version
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The idea of Ghosts is just the repetition of the first Edenic lie of "You shall surely NOT die!"

just recently I was reading a book written by a famous exorcist and he said the same thing almost word for word

but he also said that other good pious people had other opinions on this so while we can go back and forth on this, we should not be too dogmatic on this issue

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I always hear ghost apparitions if not demons are granted appearances because they are in purgatory. I hear this in Catholic circles a lot.

demons
people in purgatory
some sort of natural phenomenon, a lot of ghosts do not interact with people but just relive some actions, like some part of their lives were burnt into the fabric of space and time, with no more "soul" then a recording on the tv

some might even be angels we just assume to be dead people

lots of different ideas that it could be

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
The topic of ghosts is a subject that Catholics seem to be more open to than most Protestants and that is evidently because most Protestants do not believe in an intermediate place after death. Personally, I view ghosties as evidence that there is indeed some sort of intermediate place in the afterlife. Who knows, maybe ghosts are in Purgatory? Then again, maybe they are in Limbo? Perhaps they are in neither, but are simply still on Earth in a different dimension and have not yet passed on to their eternal destination? Maybe God allows souls to remain on Earth, until the final judgment anyway? We simply do not know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting thread. Over the past few years, I have been reading and re-reading a lot of stuff on this and related topics. What I have learned is that not all supernatural manifestations are the same thing. Do ghosts exist? Yes. Do demons exist? Yes. Are there both lesser and greater demons? Yes. How they manifest themselves is quite different.

Ghosts are the spirits of deceased human beings, which for whatever reason have not passed over to the "other side". They may not want to leave familiar, comforting surroundings, or perhaps they're afraid of meeting their Maker; sometimes they hang around because they have unfinished business, or a lot of times they're simply confused about what's happened and they don't know how to get to the other side. They can manifest by appearing as gauzy apparitions, as a chilly feeling, or as light electrical sensations in the atmosphere. In rare cases, they may be able to create small noises, but not terribly often---they don't have the ability to draw enough energy to do that.

Demons, on the other hand, are spirits who have never walked the earth in human form; in fact, they pre-date the human race. They can manifest themselves in ways that range from a mild "creepy" feeling in a house or room all the way up to levitating extremely heavy objects such as refrigerators or chests of bureau drawers and hurling them across rooms. They are known for smashing pictures on walls, causing foul-smelling gunk to leak out of walls and ceilings, and other manifestations like screams, shouts, moans, smells like sulphur or fire or excrement; they can appear as all manner of strange and frightening creatures, and they can and do inflict actual physical damage on human beings. There are many cases of people being punched, scratched, lifted off beds and hurled to the floor, thrown across rooms, and even sexually raped by demonic entities.

Naturally, such cases that get that bad only get that way because the dumb human beings opened a door somehow to allow them to enter; kids playing with Ouija boards is a common portal for entrance, although messing around with spell-casting or Tarot cards or séances will do it, too, as will stubborn persistence is some kind of sinful activity.

Demonic entities feed off all kinds of energy to grow strong enough to cause physical manifestation; they can suck the heat out of a room in seconds, leaving it icy cold even in a sweltering August heat wave; they can absorb ambient electrical energy from things like thunderstorms; but what they really feed upon are emotional fuels such as hate and rage and especially fear. If they can scare the bejabbers out of the people living in an infested house, they can absorb that powerful energy and use it to create no end of malignant mischief.

I could go on, but what it boils down to is that ghosts and demons ain't the same breed of cat. I can give you list of very good books on the topic if you're interested. :) But the main thing I'd advise is that we all remain just as close to the Good Lord as we can, because trust me, from what I have studied, this type of stuff is not something anybody wants to get tangled up in.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
According to the history of the Church classes via the OT classes I took, and scriptures...
Yes ghosts exist.

In the OT - they considered ppl became shadows.
They didnt understand the after life.
But the Jews still prayed for the departed.

Which is why the Apostles spoke of ghosts.

Ghosts are the souls - that continue on as we are all eternal - to seek prayers from the living.

The shame of it is - people have lost this knowledge - and stopped praying for souls. As also the truth of purgatory has become so lost from the 1500 - 1600's when the rise against this doctrine began.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0