Do Christian believers face Judgement on Judgement day?

Live for God

Apr 23, 2013
✟7,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
as a Christian a few things I've done in the past I dislike, Some of which people tell me I'm forgiven but will have to answer for it on Judgement day.

my question is, why must we answer for sins that we are forgiven of, but my main question is, as Believers/Christians, how is it possible that we must face Judgement, why face Judgement is we are already destined for Heaven ?

or is it true that us Christian believers will not face Judgement and I have just been mislead or misinformed?

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
as a Christian a few things I've done in the past I dislike, Some of which people tell me I'm forgiven but will have to answer for it on Judgement day.

my question is, why must we answer for sins that we are forgiven of, but my main question is, as Believers/Christians, how is it possible that we must face Judgement, why face Judgement is we are already destined for Heaven ?

or is it true that us Christian believers will not face Judgement and I have just been mislead or misinformed?

As a Christian you will stand before the Judgment seat of Christ, and be judged according to your works, not your sins. From this Judgment you will receive rewards or loss of rewards.

Read AND study your Bible. From this Bible you will find ALL the answers to ALL of your questions. On this or any other forum you will get a thousand and one different answers, comments, opinions, lectures, and sermons. If you are truly seeking the Truth of Gods' word, study your Bible. The Holy Spirit will reveal the Truth to you.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

your first twelve words cause me confusion. Do you not hate the sin that you did? If not then what you think is antinomianism.

But yes we will stand before Christ in the judgment. But we will be judged by the work of Christ not our own.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
As a Christian you will stand before the Judgment seat of Christ, and be judged according to your works, not your sins. From this Judgment you will receive rewards or loss of rewards.

Read AND study your Bible. From this Bible you will find ALL the answers to ALL of your questions. On this or any other forum you will get a thousand and one different answers, comments, opinions, lectures, and sermons. If you are truly seeking the Truth of Gods' word, study your Bible. The Holy Spirit will reveal the Truth to you.
The idea of differing rewards for believers is nonsense. We all get exactly what Christ has earned not ourselves. We deserve nothing for we have never done enough or with the right motive to earn anything. The works of Christ are ours as though we have done them ourselves. We are rewarded because of Him not because of ourselves.

False prophets, who lead goats instead of sheep, devised differing rewards for believers in order to coerce those who desire reward into doing what they would not ordinarily would.

Upvote 0

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian

(1Jn 1:9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

You will then be sinless! Then, instead of worrying about the past, start doing this so Jesus can do this :)

(Mat 10:32) Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some texts that relate to the subject:

Rom 14:10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;
Rom 14:11 for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
Rom 14:12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.
Rom 14:13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.

2Co 5:9 So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.
2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
2Co 5:11 Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others. But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your
conscience.

1Co 4:4 For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me.
1Co 4:5 Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.

1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Rom 2:5 But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.
Rom 2:6 He will render to each one according to his works:
Rom 2:7 to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life;
Rom 2:8 but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.

1Co 1:7 so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ,
I Co 1:8 who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and
not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

Mat 25:19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
Mat 25:20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.'
Mat 25:21 His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter
into the joy of your master.'
Mat 25:22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.'
Mat 25:23 His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.'
Mat 25:24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, 'Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and
gathering where you scattered no seed,
Mat 25:25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid
your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.'
Mat 25:26 But his master answered him, 'You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered
no seed?
Mat 25:27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.
Mat 25:28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
Mat 25:30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Mat 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.
Mat 25:32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the
goats.
Mat 25:33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the
foundation of the world.

Mat 25:41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The idea of differing rewards for believers is nonsense. We all get exactly what Christ has earned not ourselves. We deserve nothing for we have never done enough or with the right motive to earn anything. The works of Christ are ours as though we have done them ourselves. We are rewarded because of Him not because of ourselves.

False prophets, who lead goats instead of sheep, devised differing rewards for believers in order to coerce those who desire reward into doing what they would not ordinarily would.

1Cor 3:13-15 KJV
13. Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

2Cor 5:10
10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

We are all ambassadors of Christ, and the work we will be judged on, will be the work of our ambassadorship. If we are good ambassadors we will receive rewards, and if not we will have a loss of rewards. We must study, so that we will receive those rewards.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
1Cor 3:13-15 KJV
13. Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

2Cor 5:10
10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

We are all ambassadors of Christ, and the work we will be judged on, will be the work of our ambassadorship. If we are good ambassadors we will receive rewards, and if not we will have a loss of rewards. We must study, so that we will receive those rewards.
The 1Cor. 3 passage has to do with preachers, context my friend, and the work is the fruit of his labor, his preaching, and the people whom he preaches to are the work which will abide or be burned. The second has to do with the general judgment where all believers receive what Christ has earned because it in counted as though they had done it.

So your idea of differing rewards is not actually Biblical. If it were true then we earn something in Heaven and Christ is not enough. More than that if it is true then there will be sorrow in Heaven, which clearly is not the case, and the imputed righteousness has no real meaning.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The 1Cor. 3 passage has to do with preachers, context my friend, and the work is the fruit of his labor, his preaching, and the people whom he preaches to are the work which will abide or be burned. The second has to do with the general judgment where all believers receive what Christ has earned because it in counted as though they had done it.

So your idea of differing rewards is not actually Biblical. If it were true then we earn something in Heaven and Christ is not enough. More than that if it is true then there will be sorrow in Heaven, which clearly is not the case, and the imputed righteousness has no real meaning.

You are wrong. Nowhere in chapter 3 does the context even allude to a preacher. The wording says man. This does not mean Paul is talking about a preacher.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would second the poster who said read your bible.

Off the top of my head, we as believers will be with God.
Weve already been forgiven of our sins by Jesus blood, you are correct.
But each mans work he did as a believer..the good works he did will be rewarded. Eg if youve saved many souls..you inherit a crown, theres a white stone with your name on etc. its in the book of .revelation in the letters to the churches.

There is a judgment day for everyone where God separates the sheep from the goats. We know what the judgment for unbelievers is going to be. We are saved from that final judgement where they perish. We will be judging angels, we wont be judged ourselves. Hope that helps, again, read your bible if not sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are wrong. Nowhere in chapter 3 does the context even allude to a preacher. The wording says man. This does not mean Paul is talking about a preacher.

1Co 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
1Co 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
1Co 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
1Co 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

The immediate example was their breaking into camps based on their favorite "workman". Paul says they were carnal if they worried about which preacher to follow instead of following Jesus.

Here he indicates that God is the one who gives the increase, and the various ministers are simply workers for God. God should get all the glory, not the workers. He does even here though reference "reward according to his own labour" though in the context so far of the discussion of the ministers who were working in the field.

1Co 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Here Paul notes that the various ministers who contributed to the spiritual growth of the Corinthians were building WITH God. The church of Corinth is compared to God's building.

1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Here he is still talking about how he planted the church, based on Christ, and Apollos built further on that foundation of Christ. So he is still discussing ministers.

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

While it does reference "every man's work" it is in the context of working ON the building, which is the church, based on the foundation of Christ.

Now the question is whether Paul expanded it out from the specific example in the Corinthian church in which he planted the church on Christ, and Apollos built further on it, or whether he is now speaking about others as well.

He could even be saying that those in the church who are dividing the people into camps opposed to one another based on their favorite ministers are building poorly on the foundation, therefore considering them poor workers.

In this case that is a warning to them not to build wrongly on the foundation. That seems to be supported by the next section:

Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Note that they all together are the temple of God (the building referenced earlier, but now a temple ,and filled with the Holy Spirit). They are all the temple of God, together, as God's church. But some are tearing apart and defiling the church by following a given minister, causing carnal divisions instead of following Christ.

Now in this respect I agree that his warning about every man building on the foundation applies to more than just Paul and Apollos, but also serves as a warning to those who are dividing the church.

So I can see your point. But it does reference ministers.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1Co 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
1Co 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
1Co 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
1Co 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

The immediate example was their breaking into camps based on their favorite "workman". Paul says they were carnal if they worried about which preacher to follow instead of following Jesus.

Here he indicates that God is the one who gives the increase, and the various ministers are simply workers for God. God should get all the glory, not the workers. He does even here though reference "reward according to his own labour" though in the context so far of the discussion of the ministers who were working in the field.

1Co 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Here Paul notes that the various ministers who contributed to the spiritual growth of the Corinthians were building WITH God. The church of Corinth is compared to God's building.

1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Here he is still talking about how he planted the church, based on Christ, and Apollos built further on that foundation of Christ. So he is still discussing ministers.

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

While it does reference "every man's work" it is in the context of working ON the building, which is the church, based on the foundation of Christ.

Now the question is whether Paul expanded it out from the specific example in the Corinthian church in which he planted the church on Christ, and Apollos built further on it, or whether he is now speaking about others as well.

He could even be saying that those in the church who are dividing the people into camps opposed to one another based on their favorite ministers are building poorly on the foundation, therefore considering them poor workers.

In this case that is a warning to them not to build wrongly on the foundation. That seems to be supported by the next section:

Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Note that they all together are the temple of God (the building referenced earlier, but now a temple ,and filled with the Holy Spirit). They are all the temple of God, together, as God's church. But some are tearing apart and defiling the church by following a given minister, causing carnal divisions instead of following Christ.

Now in this respect I agree that his warning about every man building on the foundation applies to more than just Paul and Apollos, but also serves as a warning to those who are dividing the church.

So I can see your point. But it does reference ministers.

Your right, I'm wrong. I missed it. The fact is, that all the Saints will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ and be judged according to their works. And we will receive our rewards, or loss of rewards, according to our works, whether they are good or bad. Not just the Preachers. (The laborers.) We are all laborers.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We will not be judged for sin , we will be held accountable for even every idle word and every time we were called and failed to minister or witness .. Also fruitless works .. But after a 1000 years God will wipe away every tear where we failed .. Some will be saved with little or no works to show

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I notice that you ignored the other things that I said. Why would that be? Hmm.
Your right, I'm wrong. I missed it. The fact is, that all the Saints will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ and be judged according to their works. And we will receive our rewards, or loss of rewards, according to our works, whether they are good or bad. Not just the Preachers. (The laborers.) We are all laborers.
Dispensationalism at it finest. Where is the slaps forehead smiley?

(Eph 1:3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

(Col 1:21) And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

(Col 1:22) In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

(Col 1:23) If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven;

(Jud 1:24) Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Again I ask you to show where in the New Testament the teaching of differing rewards in Heaven is taught. You cannot show it. By it you deny the completeness of being united to Christ by faith, Col. 2:10, and that Christ has earned all that Heaven is for the believers. You make us have to earn some of it for ourselves. Pity the poor believer who doesn't have enough to get a mansion but must live on a dirt road in a shack away from the throng worshipping the Lord.

If you are working for rewards then your motivation is evil. If you are working to get rewards then your treasure is not Christ but whatever you imagine that reward to be. You deny that Christ is enough. You must hold out a carrot before believers in order to get them to move because the whip isn't working.

Yes we will all stand before Christ in the judgment but we are judged by what Christ has done not by we have done. Rather than pointing sinners to Christ alone you point them to themselves in order to receive rewards.

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
your first twelve words cause me confusion. Do you not hate the sin that you did? If not then what you think is antinomianism.
Our sins have been judged on Calvary, which is why we shouldn't sin any more, even though we do, but the penalty has been paid for and we should be living under the law of Christ, not under the old law, for the old law is sin.

The Bible does say that there are various crowns, or rewards for the believer who does the work of Christ. There is the crown of rejoicing (1 Thessalonians 2:19), a crown of righteousness (2 Timothy 4:8), the crown of life (James 1:12) and the crown of glory (1 Peter 5:4). Each reward is a judgement of our deeds, don't forget that being judged doesn't always mean a bad thing, since many competitions are based on judgement of the competitors and the rewards given out to the best competitors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Our sins have been judged on Calvary, which is why we shouldn't sin any more, even though we do, but the penalty has been paid for and we should be living under the law of Christ, not under the old law, for the old law is sin.
The Old Law isn't sin it reveals sin. Christ is the end of the law for the believer and we are no longer under its rule. The Bible never separates the law into civil, ceremonial or moral it simply says the law. We are no more under the 10 commandments than we are the sacrifices. But to deny that we have sinned or still sin is antinomianism which means against law. The law is perfect and no man can reach its heights, the Lord Jesus excepted.

My concern was the statement that the OP made concerning the things he has done. If he doesn't see them as sin then why would he need a Savior?

The Bible does say that there are various crowns, or rewards for the believer who does the work of Christ. There is the crown of rejoicing (1 Thessalonians 2:19), a crown of righteousness (2 Timothy 4:8), the crown of life (James 1:12) and the crown of glory (1 Peter 5:4). Each reward is a judgement of our deeds, don't forget that being judged doesn't always mean a bad thing, since many competitions are based on judgement of the competitors and the rewards given out to the best competitors.
Show me where the Bible says that all believers don't get those crowns. They are not rewards for our deeds but the reward of being united to Christ by faith. His work is counted as our work and we are joint-heirs with Him.

The truth is that nothing we do, even as believers is worthy of any reward. At best we are unprophitable servants. Our hope is Christ alone. When we rest in Him we are free to actually work to honor Him because we no longer do it out of a desire to get something but because we love Him. We do not earn the favor of God in any way by what we do or don't do we have the full favor of God being united to Christ by faith. Our works are ordained for us that we should walk in them and we do them whether we know it or not. Eph. 2:10

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
a crown of righteousness (2 Timothy 4:8)

2Ti 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2Ti 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

From the context this seems to be something that all who love Jesus' appearing receive. It is a Stephanos, or victory wreath. He finished the race.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the crown of life (James 1:12)

This too is given to all that love Him.

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Pe 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
1Pe 5:3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
1Pe 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

This one is in the context of being an overseer, so this may be a better one to argue rewards from. But then it could also just be noting that as overseers they are following in the footsteps of the chief Shepherd, which is what He designed.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is the crown of rejoicing (1 Thessalonians 2:19)

1Th 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
1Th 2:20 For ye are our glory and joy.

This seems a bit more figurative here. Paul will rejoice in the day of the Lord's coming that the Thessalonian believers were a fruit of Paul's ministry. But I am not sure it literally references received reward.

Similarly :

Php 4:1 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

I don't think Paul is counting the gold trinkets that await him as much as saying he is very proud of them, and loves them.

Upvote 0