Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Caedmon said:
Blood is in the flesh of every animal you eat. It's just cooked. So technically, you're eating dried, cooked blood all the time, every time you eat the meat of any animal. Why does meat taste so good? Because it's juicy. Why is meat juicy? Because it has blood in it. Why do people eat steaks when they're anemic? Because there's iron in the hemoglobin in the blood that's in the cooked meat. Etc., etc.
......................................................................................:thumbsup:

poppinskw said:
*Remembers to become vegetarian*
........................................................................................^_^

Upvote 0

Lindstrom

Jun 10, 2005
✟8,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Newman 99.

I read you post.

But you seemed to misunderstand me.

I drink the sacrificed blood of jesus as well, to take part of the holy communion.

I am thinking about all other blood products avaliable.
Bloodpudding, bloodpalt.

I just don't like the idea to eat or drink blood.

Pig's blood.

Upvote 0
Z

zhilan

Does anyone have any comment on the quote I posted earlier from Acts.

"It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath." (Acts 15: 19-21)

Doesn't this seem that the early apostles decided we still should not eat blood?

Upvote 0

Ruth~

Legend
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
✟67,483.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
Lindstrom said:
What would a catholic say if i offered him or her, the food bloodpudding we eat in scandinvia.

Would he say:

a) No thanks!! blood aint no food; or
b) Jesus has proclaimed that nothing that enters the mouth is unpure.

What is your arguements.

When jesus said all food was clean he didn't still make void of the law.

Leviticus: He who eats blood shall be cut off from his people

Besides, the law of food, is not about unpureness. it is about abominations. Eating a dog, camel, shrimps, are not according to the law; 'unpure', it is an 'abomination'.

Over that, it was the jews harsh laws, that said that if a man eats with dirty hands he will become unpure... and that was why jesus said that all food is pure.

But did he make void of the law?; "He who eats blood shall be cut off from his people".

If americans wonder whats wrong with us swedes, you have the answer there according to me.

We eat blood, and thus; We are cut off from the rest of the world,

Personally, i don't eat blood. that is sin.
I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't eat it. Not my taste.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Jesus seemed to be much more concerned with the contents of the heart, than with the contents of the stomach, and with what came out of one's mouth moreso than with what went in.

Dietary laws function to set a people apart from other people in the vicinity. The Old Covenant Levitican laws did just that for the Hebrews.
But once the purity needs were fulfilled with the Immaculate Conception of Mary and the Incarnation of the Word, the need for the purity and dietary legalities become redundant.

Remaining separate from other people becomes counter productive to the resurrected Jesus' commission to us that we are to go forth into the nations and bring the Gospel to them. We are no longer meant to be a people set apart from the world following the strict dietary laws of a John the Baptist to remain separate and pure, but we are a people already purified by the Blood of the Lamb.

We have been sent forth, sharing the table of the nations of the world, sharing their hospitality, and placing the Lamb of God upon that table as our unique contribution to the feast.

Other than a scriptural reminder here and there to observer the proper etiquette, lest our freedom scandalize us in the eyes of others, there are no longer any dietary restrictions, nor any need for any.

Jesus never concerned himself with what purity laws and dietary restrictions he may have been transgressing when he asked the Samaritan woman to quench his thirst, or sat down at the table with sinners.
So neither should we.

Upvote 0

Counter-Reformer

Jan 30, 2006
New Hampshire
✟826.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Blood is in the flesh of every animal you eat. It's just cooked. So technically, you're eating dried, cooked blood all the time, every time you eat the meat of any animal. Why does meat taste so good? Because it's juicy. Why is meat juicy? Because it has blood in it. Why do people eat steaks when they're anemic? Because there's iron in the hemoglobin in the blood that's in the cooked meat. Etc., etc.
Actually, when we cook steak and Hamburger, we aren't cooking the blood. What is being drained is leftover red pigment from the blood that was drained. The idea that we are cooking animal blood is actually a common myth.

Upvote 0

SecretOfFatima

Our Lady of Fatima: Song of Solomon 6:10 (NIV)
Oct 21, 2005
Visit site
✟10,438.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you getting confused with lent?

... Black Pudding (or blood sausage) is very tasty and if you tried it you would not even know if it was made of blood after you tried it, probably you would taste more garlic than anything else, I guess is an hold tradition now in most places and most people now eat fast and process food instead, but take a look at the following link http://www.sausagelinks.co.uk/black-pudding.htm

From the bible...

When the Pharisees with some scribes who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus, they observed that some of his disciples ate their meals with unclean, that is, unwashed, hands.
-. For the Pharisees and, in fact, all Jews, do not eat without carefully washing their hands, keeping the tradition of the elders. And on coming from the marketplace they do not eat without purifying themselves. And there are many other things that they have traditionally observed, the purification of cups and jugs and kettles and beds. .- So the Pharisees and scribes questioned him,
“Why do your disciples not follow the tradition of the elders
but instead eat a meal with unclean hands?”
He responded, “Well did Isaiah prophesy about you hypocrites, as it is written: This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines human precepts. You disregard God’s commandment but cling to human tradition.”

He summoned the crowd again and said to them, “Hear me, all of you, and understand. Nothing that enters one from outside can defile that person; but the things that come out from within are what defile. “From within people, from their hearts, come evil thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit,
licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance, folly.
All these evils come from within and they defile.”

May the LORD bless you and keep you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notanordinarygirl

Threaten me with immortality.
Oct 29, 2005
Olympia, WA
✟14,535.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Newman 99.

I read you post.

But you seemed to misunderstand me.

I drink the sacrificed blood of jesus as well, to take part of the holy communion.

I am thinking about all other blood products avaliable.
Bloodpudding, bloodpalt.

I just don't like the idea to eat or drink blood.

Pig's blood.

Oh, I love pig's blood! :yum:

Here in Puerto Rico we have something called morcillas. It's food made of a pork's intestines, stuffed with rice and pork blood and cooked. It's really yummy, and spicy! And now, I'm hungry... :o

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
and no Filipino fiesta would be complete without some "Chocolate Pork":

"Diniguan (Philippines)Blood stew. There is a "Chocolate Pork" recipe, otherwise known as Dinuguan. The "Chocolate Pork" name cracks me up, b/c it's a nice way to get Filipino-American kids and non-Filipinos to eat what is basically a blood stew made with pork stuff (in other words, pork head, liver, heart, blood.) You can find a recipe in "Galing Galing: Philippine Cuisine" by Nora Daza."

Not particularily kosher or halal, but its as Catholic a dish as any other, I suppose.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.